Yep, You need God-tier clear speed and offscreen to get anything remotely good from Breaches.

I've been averaging a few splinters each in hardcore even while using a trash weapon 20 levels below me. Rare mobs, uniques, and chests have the best chance of dropping splinters. I've also noticed higher tiers of chests.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
You guys tell me that keeping Breach open for few secons and get few splinters on average is a way to go. I disagree. No, it's not. I didn't even seen Chest with Rewards yet. Only this little Hands things. :( I didn't seen any Beach Lord himself yet. Only their "champions".

That sounds about right to me. Maybe lower your expectations for Normal difficulty?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
You guys tell me that keeping Breach open for few secons and get few splinters on average is a way to go. I disagree. No, it's not. I didn't even seen Chest with Rewards yet. Only this little Hands things. :( I didn't seen any Beach Lord himself yet. Only their "champions".

That sounds about right to me. Maybe lower your expectations for Normal difficulty?

Well, I hope so. But given how fast and somehow randomlu Breaches close along with mobs who play hide and seek with you, I am not sure whether my build will be able to do well in maps even :(

5 Challenges Manly Brotherhood!
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Dec 3, 2016, 1:24:08 PM
Sometimes you just need a bit of luck and 2 Breaches in the same map not too far away from each other. Had one breach open, killed quite some stuff and then it closed. I moved around for looting and saw something "stealthy" in the map, looked like as if something is cloaked there, shimmering, in an part of the map the former Breach ring reached to. Another Breach location was a bit further, and when I openened that Breach and it reached up to that part it showed what that shimmering something was: one of the bigger chest-types.

So far ... I'm pretty happy with my Glacial Cascade / Ice Nova - Witch. Especially in terms of clearing speed.

(I just realize, my 2nd post on the Forums in over 4 years ...)
Last edited by prytification on Dec 4, 2016, 7:15:54 PM
Alternate thread title: "Breach league 1/10, didn't get half a dozen uniques and enough splinters to bless them all on my first breach in normal coast"

The average pack size in PoE increases throughout the three difficulties, meaning you get more mileage out of breaches in higher difficulties (disregarding that the amounts of mobs breaches spawn seem have absurd variance. Also, walls are breaches' worst enemies).

seems decent enough

that being said i feel needing 100 of these shard per is a bit cumbersome.. 75 would have been a better number..

as it stands most people will fall short of the whole "you will get enough to have one shot at them by the time you get to maps" bit that ggg claimed

that is a no...

that being said they weren't that far off if you have a decent build
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 5, 2016, 9:22:53 AM
A good movement skill or at least good boots and perhaps a secundary running potion will help to get more loot.

I don't think the breaches are designed to be completely cleared, it's just a situation where potions, vaal skills and more can be used besides act bosses.

The monsters are on normal not that beefy - I think any build should be able to kill them fast while mapping.

I'm using reave and whirling blade with weapons from the floor at the moment. It works - otherwise I would invest more in my running potions, getting more speed / duration.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

as it stands most people will fall short of the whole "you will get enough to have one shot at them by the time you get to maps" bit that ggg claimed

that is a no...

that being said they weren't that far off if you have a decent build

ooo I didn't know they said that. That seems like a massive departure from Prophecy League, where you literally could not get to the Pale Court without at least T3 Maps.

EDIT: Well, self-found, at any rate. But if we don't account for self-found then obviously you can get a Breachstone whenever you want.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Dec 5, 2016, 12:58:16 PM
Clearing breach portals is one thing, clearing breach map is on whole different level. To do a breach map, any casual breach portal have to be like a walk in the park. Let this sink for a moment :)
yeah mathil on his broken as fuck blade flurry build was barely able to keep up with the count down timer in the physical breach-lord domain.

keep in mind when he actually made it to the lord he killed it in 5 seconds..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info