Fire Staff viable without + Fire Sockets? Otherwise very legit staff

I was considering Scorching ray linked to firestorm and have this staff:

Does the fact that it doesnt have + Fire Socket Gems just rule it out? 3 relevant T1 rolls, and a nice spell dam roll to boot...

Been looking for a use for this.
Last bumped on Dec 1, 2016, 8:22:41 PM
Nah, Searing Touch blows that out of the water.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The staff seems to be good at a first look but sadly it's garbage compared to some cheap unique staffs. B/O 7,5 ex is 100% pure fantasy for an unlinked staff like that, tbh I'm pretty sure no one would buy it even for 7,5 chaos.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
The flat fire to spells roll, sadly, doesn't affect hitless skills like Scorching Ray. You need to hit before the flat fire can work. Same for the crit roll - it's useless for Scorching Ray.

The spell damage and cast speed are the only mods on that staff that benefit Scorching Ray, and while they're certainly good, you can do better for a lot less than 7.5ex. Sorry, man.
lol youre focusing on the price I have it at... I priced it high because I want to find a use for it, but would gladly let it go should someone want it. Dont focus on the price. That is literally no where mentioned as part of my thread post.

I am asking about its usage in relation to scorching ray/fire storm, which has also been addressed. But seriiously, focus people :P

Maybe this would be good for fireball? To make use of the T1 flat fire dam spell?
Last edited by Deliverme on Dec 1, 2016, 2:12:57 PM
There is no use for a staff like this. Seriously no one would pay the cost to 5l or 6l this crap!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
He isnt asking if you would buy it - or if the price is right.

It has some decent mods.

Depending on the build idea etc it could work well.

Depends if you have something else better and exactly what build you want to make work.

The Spell damage + spell crit is decent.
** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
I could see this used with firestorm. Since, from my understanding ,it has the best elemental damage scaling of any spell.

However, I personally would rather use 2x wands, since I can get almost all these same stats on a 1-handed wand.
"
King_Yoshi wrote:
I could see this used with firestorm. Since, from my understanding ,it has the best elemental damage scaling of any spell.

However, I personally would rather use 2x wands, since I can get almost all these same stats on a 1-handed wand.

Getting 88% spell damage, 28% cast speed, 100+ flat fire, and 104% spell crit on a wand probably would cost sevenish exalts. Those are good numbers for a staff but batshit numbers for a (single) wand.

I would think this would be pretty serviceable for either Firestorm or Flameblast, yeah. Possibly Fireball as well. Taking advantage of the crit scaling will be a pain, but then again nothing's ever beat, or even approached, dual casterdaggers for crit (f'kin' daggers...) so even just the spell damage/flat fire/cast speed would be useful. If he goes Assassin he could use the crit too, though Assassin is borked as hell so he wouldn't really need the crit, then.
"
King_Yoshi wrote:

You're close but no cigar, it's actually Flame Dash.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info