everything I comment on, dies

been trying to get some simple advice for nearly 3 days now.. not only was my own post ridiculed and ignored in equal measure, but if I post on another guide it also is just ignored.

I don't get what this community has against new players.

even in the game, you ask a little piece of advice and you get "if you need build advice, you;re a noob" when they are probably using a netbuild anyway.... my point is I haven't even played this for a week yet, so yeah, I'm a noob, I need advice.... is this a bad thing, a crime? I don't think it is.... pretty sure you all had to start somewhere.

Now I'm not posting this to complain, I am genuinely perplexed that on one hand this game has a really nice community in game for the most part, but the forum seems to very elitist in that no one is willing to help a new player out, they just want to point out whats wrong with your post and completely skip over any of the content..... a little bit miffed off, yeah,. I expected to come home to at least 1 or 2 advice replies.

all I wanted to know was if the tree I'd been following was out of date... and why people say I'm using too many attacks.... I mean I get that later in the game on the hardest mode you're gonna need more utility, but is filling my space with stuff that works for me really a bad thing? I don't care about min maxing, all I care about is playing a build that I like the feel of and not hindering myself by completely doing it all wrong (hope this makes sense)

I was confident my build would be success as I had followed a guide from here, only to find out the guide was like 2 years old, so now I'm worried all the info I have learned from is out of date.... I just need advice on these few subjects and cannot get it anywhere.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
Last edited by Umbral_Spectre on Dec 1, 2016, 12:14:34 PM
Last bumped on Dec 1, 2016, 2:39:46 PM
That is because forum elite is elite and that makes them feel better.

For using builds, always check when the build was posted and when it was edited last time, also, check the version of game in build title (like 2.4 , 2.5 etc) it will help you find up to date builds.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Dec 1, 2016, 12:18:18 PM
uncheck the "Hide Characters tab" in your privacy settings otherwise noone is able to look at your chars
No one has time to teach just you mentality. It sucks everyone knows it best bet is just finding a small group of people to learn together and leech knowledge off. also going off what you said you should build a tree around 1 or 2 skills. One for aoe the other for single target most builds fills the other slots with defense auras and curses. If you would like I play temp leagues and I push to late 80s or 90s with a group of 3 or 4 friends you're more then welcome to come seek help from us if needed since the new league starts tomorrow

edit just send me a pm
Last edited by Gotcahomes on Dec 1, 2016, 12:27:18 PM
You are taking the general attitude of certain people way too personally.

For one, looking at your post history, you just managed to tick off a good chunk of people by posting a block of text originally. That right there will screw you over big time, doesn't matter what you are asking, people hate that crap so much they will watch you burn for it and smile (me included depending on the context).

Following up on that, some people may be of the mindset that you are asking for advice way too early and jump on that as well. The copy paste answer many of us have to give is "don't be afraid to just royally fuck up your first character until you understand the basic mechanics" and some people may be annoyed that so many people claim to come in knowing there is a steep learning curve but seemingly made no attempt to look up guide videos or anything before they start asking for help.

So essentially you just come off as self-focused and whiny to these people when you turn around and make a post like this and how your other thread died off.

Now for actual help since it looks like you want a tornado shot character, I'd recommend Neversink's guide as it is extremely in depth: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989

Neversink updates it constantly to be current.

And if you want people to be able to see your gear and such, go to privacy settings in your profile on the website. Characters are hidden by default.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Looking thru the forums for build guides by adding the release level helps, another source are streamers who do builds for players prior to release. I know ProjectPT has a google doc with some passive trees you can check out. I think you need the skill tree planner that can be downloaded to view them and make changes
A build 2 years ago might be fine for the most part it is hard to tell without knowing what you followed. Let alone see your char as rade0n pointed out.
Im observing gameplay help forum section for about two years and I can see all the mechanics questions answered as well as specific advice on specific character or idea, and "how to improve my character" type of threads

but some questions do not have an answer. such as popular "looking for easy cheap fast shaper/T15 viable build" or similar. Also most of the very popular "what is the best" questions have answer: depends... (question is not specific enough)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Dec 1, 2016, 12:40:50 PM
what exactly was your original question? Ill gladly help u if im able

what kind of build are u looking for?
I dont see any any key!
I wrote a pretty lengthy reply to your original thread.
U MAD?
OP, don't take it too hard.
Btw, what is your comment on the Labyrinth?
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info