New season melee char

"
Boem wrote:
"
akanah wrote:
"
Crimsonyd wrote:
What gap? You can do everything with every type of build. All you have to do - play.
Play whatever you want and dont read reddit whining. BTW Shield Charge CoC/Cospri is melee build.

I dont agree.

First of all the build you named has been nerfed to the ground, as if it was needed, and it was an extremly costy build. I am talking hc. Part of my post was saying i dont play 5h/day, i cant afford 100 ex builds or so.

Second, i have never seen a real meleer killing the shaper in hc, whatever it is in f/l or stream, or whatever?

Please stop with the : everybuild works, everything is fine, just play, its not true, its just not.
If ppl deny the fact there is a melee pblm, how will it change ?

This depends on your vision and goals you wish to achieve.

If you wanna go for lvl 100, then nope, not all builds are viable.

If you wanna combine cool mechanics and push the build to lvl 90, then yes every build is viable.

It all depends on what your aiming for.

Peace,

-Boem-

Ultimately yes, i really want to reach lvl 100 once in hc season, i know i will never have time to do it if i must do a meta char to gather 50 ex in order to have a chance to make a melee char that can survive.

There is also the achievs, would be nice to reach 36 once,

I will have to do a meta build if i want to reach that once, but why there is never room for melee, thats my real concern.

A skill like glacial hammer is here till the creation of the game, why the hell do GGG not give a shit about it ?

I may be wrong, but few years ago, there was many endgame melee viable builds, stunlock heavystrike, cleave, infernal blow, etc you could really go end game with. GGG nerfed melee a lot, really a lot, then never buffed it again (well fortify, but anyone or almost can get it).

Now with a casual gaming time, a fairly honnest knowledge of the maps bosses etc, you will not get over t14 with a pure life melee char, and to reach that, you will have to play 10 times better than totem or ranged build, isnt it sad ?

I honnestly thing GGG isnt aware of the pblm of melee in HC
Fact is , a softcore can do melee, he will die like 10 times more than a ranged/totem/caster or whatev, but he can, he will just progress slowly.
In hc, if you die, you burry all the stuff of the concerned char, in poe this is a huge threat as the stuff can reach hilarious price :

In Essence league i saw ppl selling 900+ ci armor for 50+ exalts. I mean 50 exalts, in hc start league.

How much time do you need to gather 50 ex when you play 1-2h average a day ?

Thats all the point of hc, you love your char, so you try to not die, but you know that if you go melee, its like an handicap vs other builds, but why ?

I do feel like the game balance is getting worse, they keep creating more and more gems, they dont fix the ones that really needs help, and they dont look at the real concern in hc which is the one shots mechanics?

To summarize, i think ggg just lost track over melee in hc, and dont really bother to understand the situation.
I guess its because a real few % of the players are in hc.

If only i could find the slighest interest in softcore. If only.
Last edited by akanah on Dec 1, 2016, 11:00:10 AM
"
akanah wrote:
Ultimately yes, i really want to reach lvl 100 once in hc season, i know i will never have time to do it if i must do a meta char to gather 50 ex in order to have a chance to make a melee char that can survive.

With a casual playing profile you will never have the time to do it full stop. And I don't think we should be even able to, casual or not, permanent leagues gotta have some goal left to them too and getting to 100 is the perfect one, or level 8 Leo.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 1, 2016, 10:58:27 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
akanah wrote:

With a casual playing profile you will never have the time to do it full stop. And I don't think we should be even able to, casual or not, permanent leagues gotta have some goal left to them too and getting to 100 is the perfect one, or level 8 Leo.

You got a point there, and after reflexion i agree.
I just hate the state of melee in hc in this game. Especially as it was not that bad few years ago, it has increase drastically over the years, now playing melee in hc is like starting with an arrow in the knee (no references intended :p) , for some reason, only GGG knows.
For gods sake there belongs no space between word ending and punctuation. It is a pain.
"
akanah wrote:
now playing melee in hc is like starting with an arrow in the knee (no references intended :p)

Blatant lie detector turning red.

But yes, the game evolved into an area of effect speed clear clicker and range will always have superiority in that aspect of the game since PoE effectively can't put limiters on it due to it's original design choices.

The build diversity, passive tree overflowing in other start area's and the functionality of skill gems + support don't allow hard-caps on play-styles without infringing other play-styles.

They can limit mechanics, which they do, but as a result also undermine all players effectively using them.

They could cap individual skill gem damage scaling to compensate though, effectively reducing potency based on main skill used. But there are economical restraints to balancing in such a way and it isn't a very interesting way of going about things.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Crimsonyd wrote:
What gap? You can do everything with every type of build. All you have to do - play.
Play whatever you want and dont read reddit whining. BTW Shield Charge CoC/Cospri is melee build.
lol this comment is hilariously off base.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
so you want a hc sf melee build that is save?
only because warchief is a safe "melee" build, you want others to be save as well?
that would be boring.
"
Farfan wrote:
so you want a hc sf melee build that is save?
only because warchief is a safe "melee" build, you want others to be save as well?
that would be boring.

no , not self found, i play solo mostly but i trade,
Its not the fact that totems are safe only, its just better in all cases, you didnt get my point i think, at all.

Here what i stated few posts ago :

Advantages of dual totem vs the basic melee char ( feel free to correct one of those if you think im wrong)

- When you have two, you cover most of the screen, so when you cast them, half the screen will be -hitten without involving your presence, you just have to stay in range, which is quite huge
- You can now use phasing, which provide an insane dmg boost, so you can use it after the cast, you are now pretty much untargatable, faster, and you totems even destroys faster (sigh)
- You free gems space, as you dont even attack anymore, and warchiefs dont need attack gem, you win extremly precious gems slots
- You can do every map mods suddunly, before , reflect, and all kind of damage mods was deadly as you were close to monsters, but now you arent exposed and you can cast totems as soon as they die, you dont care, you can do every map mods, wont change the outcome, or the playstyle, or anything
- You can think, damn i play a Hns but i do nothing, i just click two times and the screen is cleared, wow, gameplay becomes slow and really out of the HnS base concept.
- You can benefits some buffs every fucking patch in one way or the other, it seems like GGG loves totems, each patch it gets better , whatever its items (shield for breach, hello facebreaker warchief build ?) , or nodes, it gets buffed (ok -10% warchief but better range and better tree nodes sor its overall certainly a buff...)
- Even funnier, you are not allowed to do dmg yourself, still you get fortify if you leap/charge or whatever lol, my god
Basically 0 downside expect a stupid coward gameplay, and only benefits. Do ppl REALLY love that gameplay, its like a 0 brain tower defense, not Hns with visceral (ggg words) gameplay.

I dont see a single counter part when you go at war yourself vs no brain tower defense style. In d3 there was a set, marauder if i am correct, when it came out, you just had to put 3 sentry and wait, it, was clearing the game for you, it was EXACTLY the same playstyle that totems build in poe, except it was faster and more responsive, like d3 in general.

Blizzard realised how poor the gameplay was, and changed it so you had to aim and fire yoursefl at monster to make your sentries hit too, and suddenly the gameplay become so much better, so much better, it was so nice.

I have hard time to believe ppl have fun playing totem based builds, honnestly, i cant decide of other's taste, but i really wonder what % of player base actutally have fun playing a NhS this way.

So i am not forced to play it, no , but its just better in every aspect, and its easier to gear, as you can basically go end game with trash gear, its just not balanced at all, like all the game at this point, its just sad.

Balance team should open their eyes.

Sorry for my horrible english :p and if i am so salty, its because every year the state of the game is degraded, especially balance wise, it was not like this before, really. I think the game takes a really bad direction :(
Last edited by akanah on Dec 1, 2016, 2:30:58 PM
Le build que tu cherches existe , mais c'est a toi de le trouver . tu te contredis un peu même si je comprends ta frustration , ps : qui invite dans votre guilde ?
pm si tu veut .
foolish mortal, only skilled players blessed by RNGesus himself can ever farm one, not you!
"
LSN wrote:
For gods sake there belongs no space between word ending and punctuation. It is a pain.

For a lot of foreign languages, the space is correct. Or so I hear. Language is meant to be flexible; as long as the idea gets across, it's hard to stop people from saying what they're going to say. Space between word and punctuation is unlikely to get a huge movement behind it like socially flammable words, so I don't think you're going to gain much traction.

I , for one , welcome our new foreign overlords .
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info