Blade Flurry - The Scourge vs Bino's

Ignore the price difference of the weapons. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried both 2 x The Scourge Claws, and then a Bino's / Death Hand combo.

Are they close, or is one clearly better than the other?

Assuming a CI Assassin Blade Flurry build
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2017, 5:47:40 PM
Haven't tested it, but claws still got crap passives and Scourge has low crit so my money is on Bino even though double scourges count as 320dps weapons in average endgame scenario. Depends if you use poison or not, if you do Scourge might edge out so it's up to preference, too many factors in play.

There's a respec coming so I could test it but I don't have an assassin with 8 ascendancy points.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 1, 2016, 6:07:42 AM
Rare dagger+dh >> binos dh > dual scourge
Especially for assassin.

Dual scourge gives you 140% increased double dip pale damage, which is nice.

However as an assassin the only way to scale it further is to get minion damage on jewels, which you likely only have 3,max 4 of.

Main problem here is that like raics said claw nodes are relatively crappy, especially compared against dagger nodes. Binos has an exceptional crit chance.
Deaths hand is sneaky good because 30% of physics damage as chaos is really really big dps boost especially combined with assassin notable. Binos only real issue is slow attack speed, which is why I'd recommend a rare dagger for the end endgame, but binos is perfectly fine for all content period.

Dual scourge will maximize your poison, so your single target will probably be a tad faster. In turn, things like chimera will make you feel the poison immunity even more. If your gear is really good though (ie lots of crit, flat damage or chaos damage on jewelry), scourge gets comparable.

Bino's will have extra perks like crit multi and poison prolif plus regen. Combined poison prolif and HoA prolif will cleanup anything not dead.
No scourge wont come even close.

binos has so many benefits

1 the superior daggar nodes is basically equal to a gem sockets worth of dps advantage

2 the inherent base crit of binos means no need for increased critical strikes to cap crit so that is another gem socket gained

3 going back to the dagger nodes .. there is that change to poison which stacks with other passives and the assassins to make 100% poison generation effectively item free.

without it you are at around what 60 ish % chance to poison? for claws.. you will need to get a void heart when there is no need.

4 binos other stats are more interesting , spreadable poison for stragglers? check , regen? check. bonus to damage over time? check bonuses to crit chance and multi? check

all scourge has is minion damage.

5 a shield. people seem to be on the dual scourge train... screw that binos and a shield ANY shield over two scourges

the only reason one should use scourge over binos is if scourge is significantly cheaper than binos... which might not be the case since someone has just made scourge a fad
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 1, 2016, 11:18:49 AM
Not sure why people are hyped for dual Scourge so much. I'd rate Breath of the Council higher as an off-hand, if you're using Added Chaos in your links. Aoe% and poison duration, helps with clear and single target at the same time. Death's Hand is obviously nice with a heavy physical setup.

As for main hand, I very much doubt Scourge can beat Bino's on an Assassin. Necromancer is a different story.

if you are doing blade flurry .. why would you be necromancer tho.

its like playing a significantly clunkier and less fun version of assassin
death's hand also has basically free power charge generation, making you not rely on 'on kill' mechanics like assassin's mark, or power charge on critical, or funky RNG on a % chance to gain a charge on NON-crit strikes. something that doesn't happen often when you have maxed crit chance
"
xMustard wrote:
death's hand also has basically free power charge generation, making you not rely on 'on kill' mechanics like assassin's mark, or power charge on critical, or funky RNG on a % chance to gain a charge on NON-crit strikes. something that doesn't happen often when you have maxed crit chance
well, if you're assassin you already have power charge generation on non-crit, which is usually enough more than not. no doubt that aspect of DH is nice, but its not that crucial and you wont be stunning bosses.
id use which ever one is cheaper lol
I dont see any any key!
So ignoring budget it seems it's either Rare Dagger / Deaths hand (or) Rare Dagger / Shield

I'm either going to go Dagger / ES shield on a CI Assassin, or Dagger / Evasion shield on a Queen of the Forest Raider

Raider would probably be weaker, but it would be a crazy fast play style. Might be fun :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info