[2.5] Build help thread! Making builds for everyone!

Some stuff is... not THAT intuitive in this game, but I love the possibilities you get :D
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Here you go! :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAN-wghAHpQLjSbIsnBBYh2Wvt1cr_rPpAt-KvYJtGQj0wFRqQ7zqMjQfAgQHg9tVxjpY6-RfKqyY8Ww22EkbKo3sVTbF2CSFbdWBJNinCOvumuBFnVNSna4DdZErWHdfBBpsNukkqhZv42rkItWm7TyaO4Kb4XOiAASzwGbwH-w4hXtmVDrYJy-QVRo4lG9yD3GFeuZj_UbX2rmxQny7PQ-vpxzOK1ANzf5UIvRsC5MnL50W8yY8UzVQQow2VUth4iaVVEemvp7EXfIrCgMeH0ERL-tjNj2dqmyMYqwWv3Oz8GsV59QH3I0XpBM1kPrfbUyL70s=

6l setup: Incinerate, Faster casting, CWC, Magma orb, GMP/LMP, Faster Projectiles

Auras: Haste

curse: None

Bandits: Oak, Alira, Kill

Questions? Ask :)

Looks good! Except for a CWDT setup, how would you fill in the rest of the gems?

Thoughts about EB or Orb of Storms + EO?

Advantages to go Elementalist over something like Inquisitor or Trickster?

Any good uniques/jewels to use?
Last edited by SirRooster on Dec 1, 2016, 9:21:23 AM
Elementalist gets much higher boni from golems (and let's be honest, they're pretty much the next big thing), you get elemental reflect resist (important!) and fre proliferation which is awesome.
After thinking this through i'm pretty sure that going Incinerate+CwC doesn't make much sense by default. I learned that CwC has a fixed timer, afaik 0.5sec. The main reason to go CwC is to bypass cast speed, if you stack cast speed like you'd for a normal Incinerate build you're just gimping yourself by using up two gem slots.

Now i plan to go either Scorching Ray or Blade Flurry + Discharge, probably the latter because you can use it with inc AoE.

I really want to play Raider but going Witch/Marauder/Templar is probably more efficient. Also i don't want to kill myself to reflect because i'm playing hc, and it should be playable without a huge investment because it will be my first char on breach.
"
SirRooster wrote:
After thinking this through i'm pretty sure that going Incinerate+CwC doesn't make much sense by default. I learned that CwC has a fixed timer, afaik 0.5sec. The main reason to go CwC is to bypass cast speed, if you stack cast speed like you'd for a normal Incinerate build you're just gimping yourself by using up two gem slots.

Now i plan to go either Scorching Ray or Blade Flurry + Discharge, probably the latter because you can use it with inc AoE.

I really want to play Raider but going Witch/Marauder/Templar is probably more efficient. Also i don't want to kill myself to reflect because i'm playing hc, and it should be playable without a huge investment because it will be my first char on breach.

So, you want a blade flurry build now?
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
No necessarily, i just want a CwC build that uses the gem to its advantage instead of being a somewhat worse version of a normal build. I'd use any channeling spell (except flameblast), any secondary spell and any class really
Thanks for helping people out slayer, we need more folks willing to help newbs
I dont see any any key!
Skill: Storm Call
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Elemental
What type of weapon will you want to use: I was thinking wand+shield until 5L or 6L pledge of hands
What level are you planning to level this build to: 90+
Hardcore or Softcore: Softcore
Ascendancy you wish to use: None at the moment.

I was thinking of taking as much AOE from the tree and just subbing inc AOE for conc effect whenever I gotta do a boss.
I don't want to go crit as this will be my league starter and possibly main, I wish to be able to run uber lab since I really want the helm enchant :P

I was thinking of using lightning warp + faster casting + less duration for movement

Other end game content not necessary (uber atziri would be nice tho)

Thanks for helping people out!
"
SirRooster wrote:
No necessarily, i just want a CwC build that uses the gem to its advantage instead of being a somewhat worse version of a normal build. I'd use any channeling spell (except flameblast), any secondary spell and any class really
CwC Scorching ray and Incinerate, scorching ray causes burning and incinerate gets the multiplier. Haven'done the math, but with elemental focus you have at least ONE support gem in common. I don't know if controlled destruction works for scorching ray, but it sure does for incinerate.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
SirRooster wrote:
CwC Scorching ray and Incinerate, scorching ray causes burning and incinerate gets the multiplier. Haven'done the math, but with elemental focus you have at least ONE support gem in common. I don't know if controlled destruction works for scorching ray, but it sure does for incinerate.

Sounds like you're talking about flame surge rather than incinerate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info