[2.5] Build help thread! Making builds for everyone!

Let's try again - didn't realize you can't see my stash :)

I have the following that effect minions:

Femurs of the Saints (could probably 6 socket / 5 link without too much trouble)

Mon'tregul's Grasp

Queens Decree

Bones of Ullr

The aforementioned Belly of the Beast (6s4l) and tabula.

I guess that's it at the moment. Seemed like it was more!

Thanks again!

Slice

"
slice99 wrote:
Let's try again - didn't realize you can't see my stash :)

I have the following that effect minions:

Femurs of the Saints (could probably 6 socket / 5 link without too much trouble)

Mon'tregul's Grasp

Queens Decree

Bones of Ullr

The aforementioned Belly of the Beast (6s4l) and tabula.

I guess that's it at the moment. Seemed like it was more!

Thanks again!

Slice

I'm not slayer, but at this point of my poe career I got a decent amount of game knowledge myself, though my builds tend to be a bit... unique.
One combination that immediately comes to mid is femurs and bones of ullr, I think we can work with that, necromancer and tabula if you want damage or belly for safety.
Then it's more or less just zombies and spectres, my idea was actually running tabula where we will put both zombies and spectres linked with minion life, damage, resistances and speed. I chose those supports so that no matter what spectre you raise, all supports still apply. We will run lots of auras for safety and to increase the use of our minions even further. Maybe all 3 purities and a low level clarity for some extra attack and cast speed due to the ascendency class. The next thing I had as an idea was cwc skeletons so we can bypass the large mana cost. Maybe wither, skeletons, cwc, poison and if you can, minion damage?
The tree I came up with looks like this. Still, it might be a better idea to go with whatever slayer comes up with. My builds are weird afterall.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Hopefully this is the right thread for this. I'm looking for advice on making a build that DOESN'T rely on charges (endurance, frenzy, etc.). I realize how effective these are, but I just hate the gameplay style of feeling constantly rushed before my timer on a charge runs out, I'd rather take it at my own pace.

If someone could recommend some builds that work this way, I would appreciate it. This would be for softcore to eventually see end game content.
"

I'm not slayer, but at this point of my poe career I got a decent amount of game knowledge myself, though my builds tend to be a bit... unique.
One combination that immediately comes to mid is femurs and bones of ullr, I think we can work with that, necromancer and tabula if you want damage or belly for safety.
Then it's more or less just zombies and spectres, my idea was actually running tabula where we will put both zombies and spectres linked with minion life, damage, resistances and speed. I chose those supports so that no matter what spectre you raise, all supports still apply. We will run lots of auras for safety and to increase the use of our minions even further. Maybe all 3 purities and a low level clarity for some extra attack and cast speed due to the ascendency class. The next thing I had as an idea was cwc skeletons so we can bypass the large mana cost. Maybe wither, skeletons, cwc, poison and if you can, minion damage?
The tree I came up with looks like this. Still, it might be a better idea to go with whatever slayer comes up with. My builds are weird afterall.

Actually got a message from Slayer that your ideas are good :)

For Skeletons, I have in the past used a spell totem to cast them. What is your thought on that vs cwc?

Nothing wrong with weird builds!
Last edited by slice99 on Jan 13, 2017, 7:03:33 PM
"
slice99 wrote:
Actually got a message from Slayer that your ideas are good :)

For Skeletons, I have in the past used a spell totem to cast them. What is your thought on that vs cwc?

Nothing wrong with weird builds!

While spell totem certaily would work aswell and also save you one gem socket, there are a few things to keep in mind:
1. The cast speed. Default time to summon skeletons is 1 sec. Spell totem has 30% less cast speed, making it summon the skeletons at a much slower pace. CwC has a fixed cast speed for triggered skills between 0.45 seconds and 0.35 seconds, allowing for a large number of skeletons in a short amount of time.
2. Controllability. Yes, you can control where you out the totem, but that's it. It usually doesn't summon the skeletons very far away from itself (personal experience, not sure how valid) and also keeps summoning them, so they can't really seek enemies out on their own. CwC allows you to summon as many or few skeletons as you wish at the designated position. This point is more personal preference though. If you want area denial, the totem should work better, but for precise summoning (as far as such a thing exists) CwC is better.
3. Damage. Spell totem has 35%-26% LESS damage, CwC has 0-9% MORE damage, so the CwC skeletons have overall roughly 40%-50% MORE damage when compared to the spell totem skeletons. That more or less makes up for the missing gem slot. The damage of CwC is increased even further by quality.
4. Mana and utility. Skeletons have rather high mana cost. When combined with minion damage and spell totem, at gem level 20 we end up with a mana cost of 78. That means, you won't easily be able to place a second skeleton totem should the first one get killed quickly. On the other hand we can leave wither at lvl 1. The slow effect doesn't improve by a lot and the aoe doesn't really matter for us. This would leave us with a mana cost of 5 or 6, depending on how the game rounds stuff. Even if we were to run it at level 20, we'd end up with a mana cost of 14. This is outregenerated by our mana regen, allowing you to place the skeletons whenever you want. As for the utility, the totem does literally nothing else than summoning skeletons, while with CwC we have the option (should we have acess to more than 4 sockets (a man can dream)) to use additional skills of our liking. SRS maybe? Or a curse? Point being, CwC gives more versatility. Also, you get some more chaos damage on the enemy with it and they're being slowed.

If you have the option to do so, try out both, as in the end it comes down to personal preference. Though I think that CwC might be slightly stronger, but that's my personal opinion. I hope that could be of help.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Sorry to interrupt or anything, but if you guys could maybe leave this to PM's? trying to keep this thread less discussiony, more submissiony
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
bump!
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Optimization help: Character name is Lightning_Luke and profile is set to public. Tried doing a low life elemental archer after getting lucky with 6linking a shav's. For aura's I'm using discipline, purity of ice and lightning, wrath, and HoI & HoT linked with curse on hit. Feels relatively smooth with the power charge generation and Es benefits of occultist, but feel damage could be considerably higher. Only 11k currently. Think there is a way to improve the build or is the combination I'm trying to do just not a good combination? Not trying to make a shaper/ Uber farmer. Just a low to mid tier map farmer.

Gear:
Spoiler

Also have soul strike quiver. Been switching between the two. Not sure yet if I prefer the increased Es from soul strike or increased DPS from the rare

Tree can be seen in profile. Current plan was to grab Es wheel above witch, 2nd curse from tree and then drop doedra ring and use rest of points grabbing as much elemental or ice/lightning nodes as possible.

Any help to optimize this or just telling me I'm crazy for trying this combo would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Slayer!

Edit: would replacing helm with crown of eyes and then grabbing spell nodes instead of elemental be more DPS? Would allow dropping some leach from tree for more DPS nodes as well maybe.
Last edited by stoudtlr on Jan 15, 2017, 10:26:14 AM
Skill:
Burning Arrow

Crit, Elemental, or Phys:
Elemental of course. Not sure about crit? Possibly can't afford the gear, and I play Standard League (which may make things worse).

What type of weapon will you want to use?
An affordable bow. Let's say that I probably have about 1 Ex to my name ;) Also, no Xoph's Nuture (and other fire/burn damage-specific items) in Standard League.

What level are you planning to level this build to?
90? ish. Will be used for mapping, and hopefully having a crack at some harder content (which I have not attempted before).

Hardcore or Softcore?
Definitely SC.

Ascendancy you wish to use:
This is an area that I am not sure about.

Notes: I am looking to play a fun build with plenty of mobility (movespeed), that can also clear maps relatively well. Something that will spread burn very effectively would be more fun. I value enjoyment over clearspeed.
Last edited by maxwolfie on Jan 17, 2017, 5:05:46 AM
Tree Link:
www.poeurl.com/0A5

What you need looked at/optimised:
Need to know if there's anything obviously wrong or that could save points. For example am i putting too much into crit and not enough into physical damage nodes? It's meant to be a tri curse tanky bladefall build. Fast start of energy shield and es recovery rate combined with wicked ward.

It's the first build i made up so i need some advice. Like i looked up things like "physical damage with daggers" wont effect bladefall since it's a spell not an attack so i'm assuming crit chance with daggers wouldn't either? or "adds X to X physical to attacks" again since it's a spell that wouldn't benefit?

Post gear (If you want) here:
Uses heritic's veil for 3 curse + enlighten and Eye of Chayula. dagger/shield everytrhing else would be yellow es items

Auras will be Temp chains, assassins mark and ???
Poacher's mark - Frenzy charges, life on hit, mana on hit, more flask charges
Enfeeble - monsters do less damage which this build is meant to be tanky, int only
Vulnerability - More damage, int only
Warlord's mark - better leech than poacher's and increased stuns on monsters and endurance charges - maybe the best? not sure how much effect the stuns have

what can i do better for my support gems? the only ones i could see are flat dmg ones (cold/chaos/lightning), the physical to lightning or life leech (probably don't need)
Spoiler

Vaal Discipline + Vaal Haste + Increased Duration
Portal + Faster Casting + Cast when Damage Taken
Temporal Chains + Assassin's Mark + Warlord's Mark + Enlighten (Heretic's veil gives blasphemy)
Bladefall + Spell Echo + Concentrated Effect + Added Fire Damage + Increased Critical Strikes + Increased Critical Damage
Summon Lightning Golem + Cast when Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration
Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Whirling Blades
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Jan 17, 2017, 7:03:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info