[2.5] Build help thread! Making builds for everyone!

Hello fellow exiles!

So, this is somewhat a special occasion for me, this is my sixth "Build Help" thread that i've done (2.0-2.5)

Enough of the personal stuff, coz, no one really cares about other peoples personal achievements, lesbihonest, lets get straight to the build thread goodies!

So, I'm sure a few of you know how this works, you fill out the forms below, depending on what you want, and I answer them, and give you what you want!

Lets begin!

Standard Form

Skill:
Crit, Elemental, or Phys:
What type of weapon will you want to use?
What level are you planning to level this build to?
Hardcore or Softcore?
Ascendancy you wish to use:

Optimisation Form

Tree Link:
What you need looked at/optimised:
Post gear (If you want) here:

There will be no added additions this league, such as showcasing my own builds, as well, most, if not all of you ignored them, so, no use posting them!

There will be, however, a donation option (not real money, in game items) where you can donate whatever you want to me for helping you, as like, some form of optional payment, you don't have to donate, but it helps me make my own builds in the end!

PM Me for my IGN or something if you want to donate!

Good luck exiles, ill be here if you want me!

Slayer.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Slayer_Tip on Dec 13, 2016, 10:58:19 AM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2017, 11:04:12 AM
Skill: Ice Crash
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Phys/Ele (or whatever works)
What type of weapon will you want to use? Was thinking of Doomsower or a good 2h rare/unique.
What level are you planning to level this build to? 85-95
Hardcore or Softcore? Softcore
Ascendancy you wish to use: Raider

Planning on using Queen of the Forest and going Frenzy charges and Onslaught from the Raider tree.

Was thinking of doing something with flicker as raider as well, but I'm sure there's going to be guides out there anyways. If you have time I'd be interested in seeing a flicker strike with something other than Oro's preferably with more attack speed for maximum headaches.

Thanks a bunch.
Hi Slayer, it's me once more. And again I come with stupid ideas.
Alright, let's get into it:
Class: Marauder
Ascendency: Chieftain
Main skill: Either firestorm or Scorching ray. The other will be my totem companion. I was planning for scorching ray as main skill and CoH flammability firestorm totem.
Crit/Ele/Phy: Elemental, slightly crit for ele overload (I'll use inc crit+pc on crit orb of storms for that)
What level is planned: 90. I always plan my skill trees till 90.
Hardcore/Softcore: As softcore as it can get without cast on death involved.

Here's the twist though: I plan on utilizing Iron will (not to the max, but to some degree at the very least), geofri's sanctuary and shaper's touch. As for the weapon I plan on using Quecholli (yeah, I know, unusual choice), I think it'll give awesome clear speed against trash mobs.

Rough idea of the skill tree:
Is it possible to come up with something better for the skill tree? Feels like I'm somewhat missing something, but that tree should be able to work at least for a while and mid-tier maps. Thanks in advance!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Skill: Incinerate + CwC + something like Fireball/Magma Orb
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: -
What type of weapon will you want to use? -
What level are you planning to level this build to? 85-90
Hardcore or Softcore? Hardcore Breach
Ascendancy you wish to use: -
Hello again! I have an optimisation request.
http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAZuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfu969qMVICzphrMA7ipNR-Ii4qQ5PydKyG6qtfI1kti9_gryRTrh_o9N46ZXLYMZtL6nZU29Nkd-hNlgQWNwV5cR1UMxwzNaGr_VU7tEntrBdO0FLXrvfXX-ugOHlWYMc7GzG62UuHsU-WOVzO0_VP695j7PFfAF-ZsmMgGyGc96Yet6U6OKI_ZNko19MHzI3MFJ_h3o1ud0bWy1SOtjES82PZ2qbIxirFWFpcvUQqZ_7UHi1XX9Fr8mlWHiVUuS815F-uuNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIXJnqE0K1B0F9wg208vtjV
I'm planning on playing hardcore bf raider with queen of the forest and dreamfeathers as my league starter. I'm not sure if I haven't gotten overboard with defense (it's hard to judge with dreamfeathers). I'm also considering using arrow dancing and vaal pact but I sorta run out of passive points.
Last edited by Shadar1257 on Dec 1, 2016, 7:23:04 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:
Hi Slayer, it's me once more. And again I come with stupid ideas.
Alright, let's get into it:
Class: Marauder
Ascendency: Chieftain
Main skill: Either firestorm or Scorching ray. The other will be my totem companion. I was planning for scorching ray as main skill and CoH flammability firestorm totem.
Crit/Ele/Phy: Elemental, slightly crit for ele overload (I'll use inc crit+pc on crit orb of storms for that)
What level is planned: 90. I always plan my skill trees till 90.
Hardcore/Softcore: As softcore as it can get without cast on death involved.

Here's the twist though: I plan on utilizing Iron will (not to the max, but to some degree at the very least), geofri's sanctuary and shaper's touch. As for the weapon I plan on using Quecholli (yeah, I know, unusual choice), I think it'll give awesome clear speed against trash mobs.

Rough idea of the skill tree:
Is it possible to come up with something better for the skill tree? Feels like I'm somewhat missing something, but that tree should be able to work at least for a while and mid-tier maps. Thanks in advance!

Hello!

Your skill tree seems fine, a little low life considering that its a marauder, but since you have fairly high strength, it will sort of help? as for damage, you got plenty of that :) Do you still require a gem setup? or do you have one in mind?

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
Hello!

Your skill tree seems fine, a little low life considering that its a marauder, but since you have fairly high strength, it will sort of help? as for damage, you got plenty of that :) Do you still require a gem setup? or do you have one in mind?
I think something along the lines of Scorching ray - Iron will - Elemental focus - increased burning damage - controlled destruction (if possible)/faster casting (if not) - rapid decay or increased duration if I ever get to 6l (hahahaha as if)

Edit: The life won't be as much of an issues since I go hybrid. I plan on using the new voll helmet so that I get a nice amount of ES regen (I'll get ES and zealot's oath from geofri's), for life recovery I have my leeching totem. I hope this build works... will be a lot of fun if it does!
Last edited by FCK42 on Dec 1, 2016, 7:47:46 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
Hello!

I think something along the lines of Scorching ray - Iron will - Elemental focus - increased burning damage - controlled destruction (if possible)/faster casting (if not) - rapid decay or increased duration if I ever get to 6l (hahahaha as if)

You can't use scorching ray with EF, since EF gets rid of the status ailments, i would probably replace that with rapid decay, since your gem setup is focused on degen/DoT/Burn :)

"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
You can't use scorching ray with EF, since EF gets rid of the status ailments, i would probably replace that with rapid decay, since your gem setup is focused on degen/DoT/Burn :)
Not quite! It gets rid of ailments. But not every burn is an ignite. Every fire dot is counted as burning damage, but ignites can only come from hits (usually fire dmg crits) :D Yes, I looked it up beforehand.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
Not quite! It gets rid of ailments. But not every burn is an ignite. Every fire dot is counted as burning damage, but ignites can only come from hits (usually fire dmg crits) :D Yes, I looked it up beforehand.

That's quite interesting, you learn something new every day :P

In that case, its a good setup :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info