AHH Can't Decide! What Starter Build?

Trying to figure out what to start the new league with. Basically to make currency to do my other builds I have planned. Mind you I have never done any of these builds but i know they are strong and easy.

My choices are:

Pure Cyclone Build. Though not sure what the best Ascendancy for this is. Berserker, Slayer, Champion? I've seen Trickster as an option but I'm sure (as much as I love CI) it's not gonna be great as a starter.

Pure Warchief Build. Also not sure which for this either. Chieftain, Hierophant, Ascendant. And now Raider. I have been working on a Cyclone Raider, one Life one CI. But being untested it might not be the best idea.

Combo Cyclone Warchief Build. Same Ascendancy options as above. Ascendant is a great option with BoR but not knowing its price this league and obviously you dont get it for a while. Wondering how the Leveling is with Ascendant. People keep saying Ascendant is crap so... For the other Ascendancy options you only get 1 totem (which i would have running a Cyclone build anyway) unless you go Facebreakers and use the Skirmish Quiver. But then we are back at not knowing price and availability. Though i feel facebreakers will be cheap considering the nerf.

Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Last bumped on Dec 1, 2016, 3:48:52 PM
Facebreakers are pretty expensive at the start of the league, since they allow you to level a character while relying only on jwelry for damage.
Considering warchief range bug got fixed I'd use cyclone, with warchief only to get the buff and some extra dps agains bosses. I went slayer cyclone in essence and it was pretty damn awesome!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Facebreakers are pretty expensive at the start of the league, since they allow you to level a character while relying only on jwelry for damage.
Considering warchief range bug got fixed I'd use cyclone, with warchief only to get the buff and some extra dps agains bosses. I went slayer cyclone in essence and it was pretty damn awesome!

Cyclone Slayer + Warchief was what i was leaning towards. I wish I knew more about how my Cyclone Raider would work out. Particularly the CI one I've planned out.

What was the range bug?
It was said in the patch notes that warchief had far more range than intended. They were supposed to have only +10 melee range. That's about as much range as the bugged warchief has with concentrated effect.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I thought Crit Cyclone Raider with Starforge could be nice. Shock + Bleed(Razor's Edge + Voidheart) + Poison(Poison Sup gem) all together. But too much travel since i wanna full frenzy charge on it from the tree.And crit chance huge problem i guess.
%183 life from the tree.Kaom's heart could be nice.
I dont know seems to me not a good starter build but if its works out nicely can be very powerfull build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info