So is SRS buffed? I can't tell.

Here's a quick SRS test, T15 map clear:
https://youtu.be/YUlmUPTWJHs

Damage is ok, but you do notice less SRS flying around.
Solo maps I've ran so far, noticed no lag at all. In 2 man parties, noticed no lag.
Tried one map in full 6 man party, it was unplayable. Horrible lag. Needs more testing.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Dec 6, 2016, 6:25:37 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Here's a quick SRS test, T15 map clear:
https://youtu.be/YUlmUPTWJHs

Damage is ok, but you do notice less SRS flying around.
Solo maps I've ran so far, noticed no lag at all. In 2 man parties, noticed no lag.
Tried one map in full 6 man party, it was unplayable. Horrible lag. Needs more testing.

At this point, spell echo is not really needed since it is not hard to cap to 20 without it unless that is your only cast speed source. Otherwise, minion speed support will vastly improve your SRS's performance with packs and minion and totem elemental resistance support will help against the boss since it is a more elemental damage modifier which will boost the fire portion of SRS's damage (though, I also use grip of the council, so awesome the cold portion of SRS's damage) a decent amount seeing that you have SRS at level 28.

Sadly I am stuck at level 26 SRS since level 4 empower and level 21 20Q SRS is also not cheap in perm standard. I am still performing really well in red maps at 26, but I wonder if the two level difference is a make or break for me with the guardians and shaper. :(

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 6, 2016, 7:04:46 AM
SRS for single target is buffed.
Finally got a 6l +2 staff from divination cards in preparation for crafting a +3, damage is pretty good now. I can also run haste + hatred at the same time, so the damage is scaling nicely.

I think the next thing for me will be getting some nice minion damage/cast speed/life jewels and getting better defensive gear. If I can get the uber trials and lab complete, I'll grab the chaos node in Necromancer for some more damage against bosses.

Once I get my gear all set up, I might consider switching to a +3 bow so I can use Rearguard for more defense. I think it's pretty weird that bows are so good for summoner, but it is what it is.
From what I can tell SRS is still super viable. It's just not the powerhouse it has been in the past. Honestly whats happening here is we're getting so used to the INSANE damage outputs of some of these builds that when they get nerfed back down to a more normal point we think they're no longer good builds.

The clearspeed and damage is still good. I know someone running SRS right now and they're still progressing along just fine.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

At this point, spell echo is not really needed since it is not hard to cap to 20 without it unless that is your only cast speed source. Otherwise, minion speed support will vastly improve your SRS's performance with packs and minion and totem elemental resistance support will help against the boss since it is a more elemental damage modifier which will boost the fire portion of SRS's damage (though, I also use grip of the council, so awesome the cold portion of SRS's damage) a decent amount seeing that you have SRS at level 28.

Sadly I am stuck at level 26 SRS since level 4 empower and level 21 20Q SRS is also not cheap in perm standard. I am still performing really well in red maps at 26, but I wonder if the two level difference is a make or break for me with the guardians and shaper. :(

My original idea was to try out ele focus as the last gem and craft two rings with minion speed. But that idea is out now, since essences practically dont even spawn anymore. If you're a life build, you could (in theory) get like 75% minion speed on your jewelry. I tried the minion speed gem, and you're right, it works very well in place of echo.

Also- I've been running 6-man maps nonstop since posting that video. Bad news. It's unplayable. They did not fix it at all.
Do NOT play SRS as a first build, at all.

It was nerfed and requires a massive amount of gear to get going. Easily the most amount of gear I've needed to start mapping. 3 cast speed items, and all the cast speed nodes first and foremost, or you're going to have 10 SRS by the time the mobs focus you and force you out of casting. You're standing still, and the first time you get stunned, bam stun-locked and dead.

It DOES do a lot of dmg, but you simply can't get going without capped resists and 6K+ EHP.

Get a 6L +3, then try any SRS. Not the other way around.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:

It was nerfed and requires a massive amount of gear to get going. Easily the most amount of gear I've needed to start mapping. 3 cast speed items, and all the cast speed nodes first and foremost, or you're going to have 10 SRS by the time the mobs focus you and force you out of casting. You're standing still, and the first time you get stunned, bam stun-locked and dead.

It DOES do a lot of dmg, but you simply can't get going without capped resists and 6K+ EHP.

Yeah too late. I'm pissed the first league i try to play srs and it becomes meta. fuck streamers sometimes seriously so annoying now i have to spend 60 c on regrets or just relevel another character.

FUCK.

Essence of rage are like 10c each for screaming which puts shrieking somewhere at 90c for 1.

Wtf is this shit.
Last edited by Prizy on Dec 6, 2016, 9:18:26 PM
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:

I think it's fine as a first build. I have rather crappy gear (ChlamydiaAreTasty in my profile). Basically just capped resists, some life and a 6L + 2. Not even level 20 gems at this point, I need spell echo for the cast speed and I still get along just fine.

So far I killed every breach lord I got access to and beat the crap out of a overgrown ruin (T15) map, including a T15 tul breach (which i consider the toughest for my build) and some cranked up bosses. The boss involved some running around, but no deaths were given.
Again: My gear is utter crap. It only gets better from here. I chanced a skyforth which I plan to transform into currency and sweet gear at some point, but right now I'm running aroundin what cost me about 50c. Most of it was just picked up and alch'd.

I didn't pick cast speed nodes by the way and I have none on my gear. My total cast speed increase is 8%. Just use spell echo for the time being and you're fine.
Granted Im not end game (only lvl 65/5l +1 fire staff), im finding the skill much better to use now than pre patch. I can cast 1 srs now and it kills full packs by itself in a3 merc. And i swapped in minion speed for spell eacho and they go crazy.

And again, i know map Breaches are harder, but so far i can just stand on the spot and cast srs when i touch a breach and they just kill everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info