So is SRS buffed? I can't tell.

I've never played an SRS summoner and had planned on doing it this league. Now I'm not sure.

Any SRS gurus here that know whether or not the max 20 but more damage per gem level is a nerf? I'm assuming this is more of an SRS clear speed nerf but unsure.

Was SRS clearspeed awesome for this? Is a slower killspeed gonna kill SRS?

Don't want to level this crap up just to be upset lol.

Thanks!
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 11:52:52 AM
SRS became pure garbage when they changed its AI , people still played it because it was someone easy and fitted the Twitch TV meta .

SRS has been garbage for a long time .
For me, this seems similar to the rework Blade Vortex got last patch, but we can't really compare them. But SRS might need a little less investment, mainly into cast speed, or Spell Echo not being needed in some cases - resulting in a double damage "buff".

But for me, the AI of SRS is still a bigger problem then the damage or how many of them you can have.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Hard to say without numbers, but I read the patch notes as not a nerf or a buff and largely targetted at solving lag issues rather than an actual rebalance.

I'd guess it ends up being a slight nerf to aoe / clear, and (hopefully) a slight buff to single target.
fuck it... imma try it anyway.

I guess ignorance is bliss. Since i never knew it's power nerf won't matter to me.
Its prolly better single target. Wont cover everything as much. I think its worth a shot, well-tuned build can prolly drop spell echo now and replace it with Multistrike or something too.

Might need to invest on some minion speed or whatever to make for AI, dunno. DO IT. GO FOR IT AND REPORT BACK
Oblivious
If only Minion speed support gave more damage multiplier, I would bite on it. As it is, I am testing around multistrike or added chaos damage to replace spell echo.

So far, added chaos damage is giving me decent (still waiting on the damage buff from SRS) damage while having no issue sustaining mana. Multistrike on the other hand gives me more damage, though the difference is not that tremendous, I have mana issues. I will probably end up going with added chaos damage on the safe side.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 30, 2016, 1:03:32 AM
This should actually help performance, if anyone remembers pohx raging about them causing issues (issue was leaving and entering aura radius en masse).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I have a Witch SRS and I'll wait to see the difference soon. SRS had been nerfed a lot guys: 75 in the past, 50 lately and now 20 raging spirits. If it'd be good for single targets, I'll tell ya soon.
The damage on the SRS is most likely unchanged when they are hitting a target. But with less spirits, it depends on travel time and AI.

If all spirits attack the same monster, due to there being less spirits, or if all spirits keep moving about, then it's a nerf. Their damage buff doesn't mean anything if they all keep traveling between targets.

For example: There are two monsters on the opposite sides of the screen. The 20 spirits all head towards the same monster, the first spirit hits the monster and one shots it. Then the 20 spirits head towards the second monster, and that monster gets one hit. That would mean 19 spirits are basically useless. Which means due to the AI, 1 spirit works just as fast as 20 spirits.
While on the old 50 spirits SRS, the spirits spread out, due to their numbers. Which made the mobs die at almost the same time. If the spirits AI will make them spread out(like 10 per mob for my example), there won't be an issue and SRS will be good still.

In short, giving the spirits more damage when all they do is fly around is useless. So it all depends on the spirit's AI.

PS: For boss fights this does seem like a buff. Faster spirit's summoning(more player mobility) + focussing on one target. But even then it depends on the damage buff the spirits have gotten.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info