[Theorycraft][HC] 100% Ele Blade Flurry Raider - Dodge/Evasion/Kintsugi Build

"
marzibear wrote:
"
Priory wrote:
"
marzibear wrote:
Am I dumb and or missing something, how is elemental overload procced.. rng once in awhile crits?

Prolly gunna make a full lightning hyaons version [I like being thematic] either way but itd be nice to know so I could potentially put those 6 or w/e points somewhere else

Edit: Jk I am dumb, I've never used elemental overload and a quick peek at the wiki page for it made it very clear that even at 5% crit 2.5 attacks per sec or more and it should more or less always be up.
leaving this here anyway though just incase someone is as dumb as me.

I really can not recommend Hyaon's Fury. With 9 frenzy charges you take 27% more damage while using it. The whole point of this build is that it is tanky AND does some damage, if you plan on using Hyaon's fury, it is better to just go crit Inquisitor :)

Elemental Overload should indeed be up most of the time! With 9.7% crit chance and 13.19 attacks/s our average chance of doing a critical strike within one second is 1-(0.903)^13.19*100 = 73.96%. Over a 4 second time span (recently) of continuous attacking the chance becomes 1-(0.903)^52.76*100 = 99.54%.
I should mention I will be doing this on soft core and with friends who are fairly casual, so dieing is going to be expected but this build is non the less a good place to start :3
thanks for doing the mathss for me

Also, Screw inquisitor I want pants

I would still not advise it, even on softcore! but, of course it is your decision. All i can do is explain the reasons why i deem it a bad one :D

Gl with the new league and i hope you and your friends have fun!
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
what are some unique flasks that are good for this build? would lion roar's 20% more melee damage boost our edps as well? since its still melee dmg? wb the boost from atziri promise of 15% edps as extra chaos dmg? and what about the flask nodes that we passed by? the arcane mastery, druidic rite and alchemist
Last edited by ParadoProxia on Dec 1, 2016, 7:30:08 PM
"
ParadoProxia wrote:
what are some unique flasks that are good for this build? would lion roar's 20% more melee damage boost our edps as well? since its still melee dmg? wb the boost from atziri promise of 15% edps as extra chaos dmg? and what about the flask nodes that we passed by? the arcane mastery, druidic rite and alchemist

Lioneye's Roar will not work with this. It specifically says physical damage. Atziri's promise will work. You can take the flask nodes in the skill tree if you wish. i found the extra points that would have to be invested, to take away too much synergy from the skill tree, so i did not.

really the only unique flask that makes an insane difference is Vessel of Vinktar.
Last edited by Priory on Dec 1, 2016, 8:00:28 PM

If you find that you want more area, but have plenty of leach then you could use this tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBAcEswW1Bx4ILgj0DPIPqxGBEZYS8Ra_FyYYXRmOGdcaOB8CIuoi9CP2JIsmlScvKjgtTS9yMHEwfDIBMoky0TbFN9Q6QjpYOtg8BT1fPs9B0EVHSVFLeEyzTZJQQlFHUlNTNVRHVUtVxlZIVvpX4mHiYetirGOnaPJqQ2uQbAtsjG0Zd-V6U3qEf8aCm4PbhMWMNo19jb-QVZMnk5WVLpeVl_SaO5smm42btZ2qn9-iAKOKpcumvqcIrTOt8bIZtMW95sBUwGbC7MM6yNzPetAf0K3TftQj2CTdRt2o6Nbr7u0g7T_tg-4O73rvfO_r8B_w1Q==

Pretty much same damage and life as your tree, however trades the LL for more area.
Hello guys ! GJ for the build!

Could we make the same with cyclone ?
ign : Orbist_Lightning
Nice build man! Going to be running this tomorrow in BSC. The only changes I'll be making for SC is using elemental weakness as my curse and taking Rapid Assault & Avatar of the Chase instead of Quartz Infusion and Avatar of the Veil. I do think you have optimized this for HC quite nicely though! I'll let you know how it works out! Cheers
Won't ele reflect be a big problem? Just have to hope you hit topaz flask fast enough?
"
ThorRR wrote:
Hello guys ! GJ for the build!

Could we make the same with cyclone ?

I don't recommend cyclone with this build. Cyclone works with maces which means it will use the Catalyst in our off-hand for damage as well, which will lower our overall damage output. The tree is also not optimised for the huge mana requirement of cyclone, so you would be in trouble with mana pretty fast :)

"
BwenR wrote:
Nice build man! Going to be running this tomorrow in BSC. The only changes I'll be making for SC is using elemental weakness as my curse and taking Rapid Assault & Avatar of the Chase instead of Quartz Infusion and Avatar of the Veil. I do think you have optimized this for HC quite nicely though! I'll let you know how it works out! Cheers

Elemental weakness is a great choice for softcore! I would not remove avatar of the veil though, it gives us way more flask choices and offers great synergy with the build. I should also note that even though Avatar of the Chase was buffed in patch 2.5 the only difference is that you get 10% increased movement speed compared to the previous version. :)

"
Grimm101 wrote:

If you find that you want more area, but have plenty of leach then you could use this tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBAcEswW1Bx4ILgj0DPIPqxGBEZYS8Ra_FyYYXRmOGdcaOB8CIuoi9CP2JIsmlScvKjgtTS9yMHEwfDIBMoky0TbFN9Q6QjpYOtg8BT1fPs9B0EVHSVFLeEyzTZJQQlFHUlNTNVRHVUtVxlZIVvpX4mHiYetirGOnaPJqQ2uQbAtsjG0Zd-V6U3qEf8aCm4PbhMWMNo19jb-QVZMnk5WVLpeVl_SaO5smm42btZ2qn9-iAKOKpcumvqcIrTOt8bIZtMW95sBUwGbC7MM6yNzPetAf0K3TftQj2CTdRt2o6Nbr7u0g7T_tg-4O73rvfO_r8B_w1Q==

Pretty much same damage and life as your tree, however trades the LL for more area.

Seems like an okay tree. i would remove, Precision, sanctitiy & Elemental focus though. They are not as good as getting the 2 jewels available to you in the skill tree. The reduced life leech worries me but i can see it as a fair tradeoff if area is what you crave ;)

"
tone wrote:
Won't ele reflect be a big problem? Just have to hope you hit topaz flask fast enough?

With 66% dodge chance and a bunch of evasion and high instant leech, it shouldn't be much of a problem. I don't know how to calculate the exact chance of hitting yourself with reflect, but it would work almost the same way as a high block chance build.

So in short against a single reflect rare, there should be absolutely no problem at all, but it still might be dangerous if you roll a map with elemental reflect. I will have to test it once i get to maps :)
Last edited by Priory on Dec 2, 2016, 5:45:55 AM
I tested the build last night on level 90 Ranger with 6 ascendancy points (no Avatar of the veil + NO VAAL PACT).

*Advantages*

On an non-optimized char using a 1.90 speed nice ele roll claw and a 100% perfect dory offhand, the build feels SUPER GOOD for map / boss clearing, even without the frenzies (only had 5 and they weren't up during the boss fights)!

I tested 13% ele reflect, too = no problems.

I didn't have any special items, the Dory was the only Unique I had, didn't even have any eva flasks, just 3 life + 1 atziri's + a quicksilver.

I tested Uber Izaro, killed him in the first two phases but going for a full key run kinda killed me (3 curses on me + saw blades + totems + lieutenants ) and I died from the damn sawblades :P

Using a tabula and mostly items with good life rolls I had 6300 HP at level 90.

*Disadvantages* ( non-optimized char )

- On a 3 extra proj map I died once to these chaos snakes (now that mod is max extra 2 proj ), there were tons of em and I didn't have time to react and I almost died 1-2 more times again.

- Uber Izaro will be tough if you want to go for full key runs and could take a while + good items to take him down. I didn't have full frenzies and the new buffs of course, but it could be tricky, so I wouldn't recommend this build for lab farming. The very low regen or no regen (vaal pact ) doesn't help either.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

+ Perfect for speed clearing, mob and general boss destruction (shitty mods, extra light dmg, -res volcano boss died in 3" ).
+ It's tons of fun!
+ Doesn't require expensive items, but gets considerably better if you get them. Lots of room for improvement, so you will always have a goal well after level 90!
+ Will be much much better with the new buffs!

- Not recommended for early or general Uber Lab farming.
- It's not a blocker so don't be super careless before you have decent items! Whirling away / manual dodging should be employed!

BOTTOM LINE: IS IT FUN? --- YES, YES AND YES !!!

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Dec 2, 2016, 9:20:35 AM
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
I tested the build last night on level 90 Ranger with 6 ascendancy points (no Avatar of the veil + NO VAAL PACT).

*Advantages*

On an non-optimized char using a 1.90 speed nice ele roll claw and a 100% perfect dory offhand, the build feels SUPER GOOD for map / boss clearing, even without the frenzies (only had 5 and they weren't up during the boss fights)!

I tested 13% ele reflect, too = no problems.

I didn't have any special items, the Dory was the only Unique I had, didn't even have any eva flasks, just 3 life + 1 atziri's + a quicksilver.

I tested Uber Izaro, killed him in the first two phases but going for a full key run kinda killed me (3 curses on me + saw blades + totems + lieutenants ) and I died from the damn sawblades :P

Using a tabula and mostly items with good life rolls I had 6300 HP at level 90.

*Disadvantages* ( non-optimized char )

- On a 3 extra proj map I died once to these chaos snakes (now that mod is max extra 2 proj ), there were tons of em and I didn't have time to react and I almost died 1-2 more times again.

- Uber Izaro will be tough if you want to go for full key runs and could take a while + good items to take him down. I didn't have full frenzies and the new buffs of course, but it could be tricky, so I wouldn't recommend this build for lab farming. The very low regen or no regen (vaal pact ) doesn't help either.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

+ Perfect for speed clearing, mob and general boss destruction (shitty mods, extra light dmg, -res volcano boss died in 3" ).
+ It's tons of fun!
+ Doesn't require expensive items, but gets considerably better if you get them. Lots of room for improvement, so you will always have a goal well after level 90!
+ Will be much much better with the new buffs!

- Not recommended for early or general Uber Lab farming.
- It's not a blocker so don't be super careless before you have decent items! Whirling away / manual dodging should be employed!

BOTTOM LINE: IS IT FUN? --- YES, YES AND YES !!!

Sounds good! of course the build will perform waay better with optimised gear. Which i expect any HC player to know in an instant :D Avatar of the vail is way more important than avatar of the slaughter to be honest.

Anyway! GJ and thank you for doing some preliminary testing!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info