Can you find unfindable song by sample?

Hi there, exiles!
I have the biggest obsecration to any of you. It is actually a matter of life and death for me. I have to find this song, but I can't. I've been trying it about a month. I tried everything. You are my last hope.
There is awful quality in the record. Any of services cannot understand it.
At least help me recognize the text, so I'll find the track by lyrics. Because I'm not english-speaker and can't do it by myself. I will be sooooo grateful.
Of course I'll tip for the help (if it's legal o.o )

That sample.
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2016, 7:16:58 PM
"
EmeraldEyed wrote:
Hi there, exiles!
I have the biggest obsecration to any of you. It is actually a matter of life and death for me. I have to find this song, but I can't. I've been trying it about a month. I tried everything. You are my last hope.
There is awful quality in the record. Any of services cannot understand it.
At least help me recognize the text, so I'll find the track by lyrics. Because I'm not english-speaker and can't do it by myself. I will be sooooo grateful.
Of course I'll tip for the help (if it's legal o.o )

That sample.

It sounds like you recorded this in a gym or something.
"
Warmey wrote:

It sounds like you recorded this in a gym or something.

It's a volleyball match :)
Hmm, are the lyrics in english?

What country is this? it's a gym where?

Is it played off a radio station? or a cd player/mp3 player

From the overall simplicity, keyboard and drum patterns it reminds me of something from the mid 80s, or maybe a garage band up to the 90s.

(thinking out loud beneath the spoiler_

Spoiler
I doubt the keyboard sound is effects - Unless they have a really funky FX box (Electric Mistress) or a high end Electro Harmonix. Newer custom boxes over the last ten years can achieve this sound, but its very rare to hear it used so primitively.

Doesn't sound like **most** Korgs - but it could be a Korg 770 as they had the wobbly voltage controlled dual oscillators and some nice ring modulation. I don't recall the generated tone being as smooth as this is, nor the filtering making it this way.
(pull up Human League, Heaven 17 and you'll hear how the Korg 770 is usually used for more "bouncy" tones.

Doesn't sound like any out of the box Roland synthesizer I know of. If they had access to a a Roland 100M modular system (which could make the sound) they would likely have a more complex or distinctive sound.

Possibly a Moog, but they had so many easy to achieve fantastic sounds, that I doubt a band would use a "sub-par" sound like this song has, compared to what the Moog does out of the box.

I never played around enough with the older ARPs like the 2600 and Odyssey, so not sure if it could be that. Unlikely to be an Oberheim synth.

Synclavier, PPG, Kurzweil or Fairlight CMI could make the sounds, but again, these had so many other options that usually bands would make the sounds really worthwhile in their tone.

Rhodes Chroma Polaris could make the sound with just a few slider moves, but here again you are looking at polyphony rather than a single tone.

Yamaha sounds were far too clean.

Sequential Circuits is right on the mark for this kind of sound. There is no polyphony, (which most bands would use if they had it, and for this song you would hear the release between notes, instead of just attack, decay, sustain and then switch to new tone). That rules out the Prohet 5/10.

So that leaves us with Korg 770, and Sequential Circuits Pro-one as the likely keyboard if it is indeed an early band.

It could be possibly be something simplistic (less experienced artist) using just about any newer workstation type keyboard. The oscillator beat back reminds me of the some of the more esoteric Kurzweil 2000 program sounds. If you played them just right, they would make their own distinctive rhythm within the song. If you didn't trigger them correctly, they just kind of warbled and drifted, which is what this song is doing.

It doesn't match up with the sound of any of the more prominent 80s artists, but the sound definitely fits with the 1980-1986 synth bands. My guess is a lesser known band from that time frame (a band that had a non distinctive singer) or else it is by a more modern and relatively obscure artist (garage band).

The song doesn't sound familiar though, so I doubt that it's an A side.

Sorry if that wasn't much help.

What caught your attention about the song?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:

It doesn't match up with the sound of any of the more prominent 80s artists, but the sound definitely fits with the 1980-1986 synth bands. My guess is a lesser known band from that time frame (a band that had a non distinctive singer) or else it is by a more modern and relatively obscure artist (garage band).

The song doesn't sound familiar though, so I doubt that it's an A side.

Interesting theory. Now I have to figure out how to get clues from this information. Thanks.

"
DalaiLama wrote:

What caught your attention about the song?

In short it's all about girls. I promised I'll find it but I overestimated myself. Or underestimated the song.
I try to keep promises :)
"
EmeraldEyed wrote:

I can only suggest the closest I have heard, Which is Mind in a Box.

I get the feeling you would like Lorn.
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
Last edited by Maceless on Nov 29, 2016, 12:10:42 AM
"
Maceless wrote:
"
EmeraldEyed wrote:

I can only suggest the closest I have heard, Which is Mind in a Box./quote]
Close enough but it's something different :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info