MF Vaal Spark Scion

The purpose of this character is to farm dried lake quickly and stack as much IIQ as possible to get currency drops. You can also stack IIR if you have extra budget for it.

Bandits
Take Oak in normal, Kraityn in cruel, and Alira in merciless.

Ascendancy
For the ascendancy you want to take assassin and elementalist. I recommend having someone rush you through cruel/merc/uber lab. If you don't finished all the lab trials at roughly the same time you want to take assassin first, then elementalist and lastly get your extra 2 passive points.

Hourly Currency Estimates
I haven't done hard testing on this but I would estimate you get around 25c or so in raw currency drops and then you get an additional 20c or so from the unid chaos recipe each hour.

Gems

Vaal Spark Links
For the main Vaal Spark setup you want to run Vaal Spark-Controlled Destruction-Spell Echo-Increased Item Rarity-Pierce-Increased Critical Strikes. This is the setup that I recommend for general purposes.

There are two alternate variants. The first variant requires you to be in standard. If you have an IIQ gem you can either swap it with your IIR gem or with your controlled destruction gem.

The next variant I do not recommend. You would drop increased critical strikes and replace it with either IIQ or Faster projectiles. However to make up for the lost crit chance you have to run additional vaal sentencing jewels you would probably need 2-3 extras to make up for the loss.

Regular Spark
You want to run a 4l spark-spell echo-faster projectiles-pierce in order to get your initial souls for vaal spark. You can swap faster projectiles with controlled destruction if you need more damage.

Whirling Blades
You run whirling blades in a 4l setup preferably in +1 to socketed gems gloves. The links are as follows Whirling Blades-Faster Attacks-Culling Strike-Enhance. If you don't have access to an enhance you can replace it with a fortify to increase your defenses.

Other Useful Gems
I recommend running a 4l Portal-Faster Casting-Blood Rage-Enhance.

Golem
Use Lighting Golem.

Auras
For the auras you run Wrath and Herald of Ice linked with Curse on hit and projectile weakness. You use projectile weakness so that you can get up to 100% pierce chance.

Jewels
For this build you want to run 2-3 high roll sacrificial harvest jewels. I recommend running 3. You run 1-2 vaal sentencing jewels to make sure you hit at least 90% crit chance with power charges up. You also run chill of corruption. Aside from those all additional jewel sockets that you have put high attack speed jewels in them. Ideally you want to have at least 16% attack speed on each jewel.

Gear

Helmet
For the helmet you have two options. You can either run Rat's Nest or a high iir helmet. For helmet enchants you want whirling blade attack speed or increased lightning golem buff effect.

Weapon
For the weapon slot you have two options you can either use a dagger with high attack speed, spell damage, and crit chance. The other option is to use a bright beak. Personally I recommend using a dagger because if you don't you will have trouble dealing enough damage also the dagger allows you to use whirling blades.

Secondary Weapon Slot
For the secondary weapon slot you want two one hand 6% haku weapons. In these offhand weapons you want to level empower, enlighten, or enhance.

Shield
For the shield there are two options you can either run a Sentari's Answer or a spell damage/crit and life shield. I recommend using the rare shield option.

Body Armor
For body armor the best in slot option is a 6l Greed's Embrace with the colors 5b1g if you are in a temp league or 4b1r1g if you are in standard and have access to the IIQ gem. As a slightly cheaper temporary option if you have 4b1g in a 5l Greed's Embrace that can also be a viable option. Aside from that you can get a +2 vaal gems tabula which is a nice cheap option.

Amulet
There are three options for the amulet slot. The first option is to use karui charge for increased attack speed and projectile speed. The second option is to use the ascetic which you will have to change other pieces of gear to accomadate for. The third option is a high IIR amulet with spell damage and crit multi. The ideal corruption is +1 maximum frenzy charges.
I don't have sample gear to link for the other two amulet variants.

Rings
For rings the Best in slot choice are high IIQ/IIR Ventor's Gambles. However if you can't afford high roll Ventor's you have two options. First you can run a normal gold ring and a high IIR magic gold ring to go with the ascetic. Or alternatively you can run high IIQ Ventor's Gambles.

Gloves
For this slot there are two options you can either do Sadima's touch or 20% more attack and cast speed gloves. In my opinion Sadimas are better. Since enchantments for gloves are fairly weak I recommend +1 to socketed gem Sadimas.
You want the gloves to be 4 green sockets so until you have that stick with non corrupt gloves.

Belt
For the belt the best in slot item is Perandus Blazon ideally it would have the corruption 8% increased duration of skills however it is not very important to have this corruption.

Boots
Goldwrym is the best in slot pair of boots you want to have the lab enchantment for increased attack and cast speed.

Flasks
For this build you require a Vessel of Vinktar, you want to have either lightning penetration or lightning damage to spells. Aside from that I recommend running a diamond flask and at least 1 seething flask. Here is my current flask setup.

My Gear
Last edited by Crimtos on Nov 22, 2016, 11:29:46 PM
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2017, 10:26:57 PM
I am playing a similar build, I have the same 4L spark setup, and I am currently lvl 79. However, I am massively under-powered. My base spark tooltip damage is 7,548.2. Why is it so low? What can I do to increase it?
After taking a look at your passive tree I would say that the reason why your dps is so low is because you are not doing a crit build. I am unable to check at the moment but if I recall correctly my spark with 6 power charges up hits somewhere around ~23k dps without controlled destruction.

As a basic numbers run down my tree has 117% increased crit multi, 28% spell damage, 20% elemental damage and 81% projectile damage.

Your tree has 97% projectile damage, 67% spell damage, and 52% elemental damage.

So overall if you want to get more damage I would suggest doing a crit build. Also you can run wrath for 21% more lightning damage with spells.
Last edited by Crimtos on Nov 30, 2016, 1:35:58 AM
"
Crimtos wrote:
After taking a look at your passive tree I would say that the reason why your dps is so low is because you are not doing a crit build. I am unable to check at the moment but if I recall correctly my spark with 6 power charges up hits somewhere around ~23k dps without controlled destruction.

As a basic numbers run down my tree has 117% increased crit multi, 28% spell damage, 20% elemental damage and 81% projectile damage.

Your tree has 97% projectile damage, 67% spell damage, and 52% elemental damage.

So overall if you want to get more damage I would suggest doing a crit build. Also you can run wrath for 21% more lightning damage with spells.

Any changes with this build for 2.5? More specifically in Breach Softcore.
Tnx for the build, it really helped me. Especially the part with the jewels and enchant since i didn't know how to choose.

I built mine pathfinder/assassin since i rely a lot on my vinktar for survivabilty and i hate to have the golem up to get my 30% lightning dmg. I am also using empower since i don't have the blue socket on my Greed's Embrace. I was sad i couldn't solo carry my merciless lab tho x) it's so damn hard with spark. Ah again, i picked aura nodes to use purity of lightning : it's not bad versus reflect and i had a hard time to balance my resists since i chose Rat's nest as a helmet.
I don't like blood rage so in the end i am running spark without increased Crit. Strike replaced by Ice bite. Much less damage but my gameplay is more relaxed this way i'd say. I got pissed to die from reflect ><.
can anyone advise how to build scion vaal spark now at 2.5? What ascendancy/passives/gears/gems. I am still using the old ziggy build with voltaxic. Need some help to transition.
Hey dude, good start up guide. I did something different and it seemed to work just as well if not better. For neck, I wore the Ascetic (and then white belt + blue ring). I was clearing Dried Lake in 45sec or so, and getting a few chaos worth of drops. I did no unid recipe what so ever.

Give it a shot, you might enjoy it.
Can you look at my character ı think my dps is low and ı am very squishy what should ı do ? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Sacrivoid/characters
"
Crimtos wrote:
The purpose of this character is to farm dried lake quickly and stack as much IIQ as possible to get currency drops. You can also stack IIR if you have extra budget for it.

Bandits
Take Oak in normal, Kraityn in cruel, and Alira in merciless.

Ascendancy
For the ascendancy you want to take assassin and elementalist. I recommend having someone rush you through cruel/merc/uber lab. If you don't finished all the lab trials at roughly the same time you want to take assassin first, then elementalist and lastly get your extra 2 passive points.

Hourly Currency Estimates
I haven't done hard testing on this but I would estimate you get around 25c or so in raw currency drops and then you get an additional 20c or so from the unid chaos recipe each hour.

Gems

Vaal Spark Links
For the main Vaal Spark setup you want to run Vaal Spark-Controlled Destruction-Spell Echo-Increased Item Rarity-Pierce-Increased Critical Strikes. This is the setup that I recommend for general purposes.

There are two alternate variants. The first variant requires you to be in standard. If you have an IIQ gem you can either swap it with your IIR gem or with your controlled destruction gem.

The next variant I do not recommend. You would drop increased critical strikes and replace it with either IIQ or Faster projectiles. However to make up for the lost crit chance you have to run additional vaal sentencing jewels you would probably need 2-3 extras to make up for the loss.

Regular Spark
You want to run a 4l spark-spell echo-faster projectiles-pierce in order to get your initial souls for vaal spark. You can swap faster projectiles with controlled destruction if you need more damage.

Whirling Blades
You run whirling blades in a 4l setup preferably in +1 to socketed gems gloves. The links are as follows Whirling Blades-Faster Attacks-Culling Strike-Enhance. If you don't have access to an enhance you can replace it with a fortify to increase your defenses.

Other Useful Gems
I recommend running a 4l Portal-Faster Casting-Blood Rage-Enhance.

Golem
Use Lighting Golem.

Auras
For the auras you run Wrath and Herald of Ice linked with Curse on hit and projectile weakness. You use projectile weakness so that you can get up to 100% pierce chance.

Jewels
For this build you want to run 2-3 high roll sacrificial harvest jewels. I recommend running 3. You run 1-2 vaal sentencing jewels to make sure you hit at least 90% crit chance with power charges up. You also run chill of corruption. Aside from those all additional jewel sockets that you have put high attack speed jewels in them. Ideally you want to have at least 16% attack speed on each jewel.

Gear

Helmet
For the helmet you have two options. You can either run Rat's Nest or a high iir helmet. For helmet enchants you want whirling blade attack speed or increased lightning golem buff effect.

Weapon
For the weapon slot you have two options you can either use a dagger with high attack speed, spell damage, and crit chance. The other option is to use a bright beak. Personally I recommend using a dagger because if you don't you will have trouble dealing enough damage also the dagger allows you to use whirling blades.

Secondary Weapon Slot
For the secondary weapon slot you want two one hand 6% haku weapons. In these offhand weapons you want to level empower, enlighten, or enhance.

Shield
For the shield there are two options you can either run a Sentari's Answer or a spell damage/crit and life shield. I recommend using the rare shield option.

Body Armor
For body armor the best in slot option is a 6l Greed's Embrace with the colors 5b1g if you are in a temp league or 4b1r1g if you are in standard and have access to the IIQ gem. As a slightly cheaper temporary option if you have 4b1g in a 5l Greed's Embrace that can also be a viable option. Aside from that you can get a +2 vaal gems tabula which is a nice cheap option.

Amulet
There are three options for the amulet slot. The first option is to use karui charge for increased attack speed and projectile speed. The second option is to use the ascetic which you will have to change other pieces of gear to accomadate for. The third option is a high IIR amulet with spell damage and crit multi. The ideal corruption is +1 maximum frenzy charges.
I don't have sample gear to link for the other two amulet variants.

Rings
For rings the Best in slot choice are high IIQ/IIR Ventor's Gambles. However if you can't afford high roll Ventor's you have two options. First you can run a normal gold ring and a high IIR magic gold ring to go with the ascetic. Or alternatively you can run high IIQ Ventor's Gambles.

Gloves
For this slot there are two options you can either do Sadima's touch or 20% more attack and cast speed gloves. In my opinion Sadimas are better. Since enchantments for gloves are fairly weak I recommend +1 to socketed gem Sadimas.
You want the gloves to be 4 green sockets so until you have that stick with non corrupt gloves.

Belt
For the belt the best in slot item is Perandus Blazon ideally it would have the corruption 8% increased duration of skills however it is not very important to have this corruption.

Boots
Goldwrym is the best in slot pair of boots you want to have the lab enchantment for increased attack and cast speed.

Flasks
For this build you require a Vessel of Vinktar, you want to have either lightning penetration or lightning damage to spells. Aside from that I recommend running a diamond flask and at least 1 seething flask. Here is my current flask setup.

My Gear

Can you look at my character ı think my dps is low and ı am very squishy what should ı do ? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Sacrivoid/characters
2 questions, Is this build still viable in 3.0 and does it work for normal spark?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info