Assistance with Ancestral Bond Hierophant build

First post on the forums, so hi. Before getting into what I need help with, I should inform you of the way I build characters. I choose a few things that seem fun and synergize, then build a character with those, regardless of whether or not it is sane. I may abandon that character after it fails horribly, but I will still try.

Now then, onto the build itself. I am trying to put together an Ancestral Bond Hierophant build focused on totems. For the Hierophant skills, Pursuit of Faith and Ritual of Awakening seem like simple choices, but I am unsure of the other skills for various reasons. Because I have never played with charges before, Conviction of Power seems meh. Illuminated Devotion seems like it would be useful, but Divine Guidance and Sanctuary of Thought could let me dabble in Mind Over Matter shenanigans, which seems neat, but perhaps not useful.

With equipment, Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe seems like it could be useful, even though it would give a bunch of curses. I would try and mitigate them with 2 Kikazaru Topaz Rings and a Self-Flagellation gem. I have no clue what my other equipment should be.

Now for passive skills.Ancestral Bond will be chosen because it is the point of this build. Since all, or most, of my damage will come from totems, it seems natural to take totem passives. However, I do not know how many of them are viable or whether it would be more effective to just take other skills instead. In addition, Mind Over Matter could be useful with the extra mana regen from being a Hierophant, but might be a bad idea.

And then finally, gems. I have no clue what to do here. I don't think I would need many different types of totems, so I could just slot the skills onto Soul Mantle to totemize them. Are there specific skills that work well as totems? Are there any default totems that are good? Since I'll have a bunch of totems in play, is Searing Bond worth it?

Sorry for the word barf. Here is a
TL;DR:
Hierophant Ascensions: Pursuit of Faith, Ritual of Awakening. I don't know which other ones are good.
Equipment: Soul Mantle, 2 Kikazaru Rings, Self-Flagellation gem. I have no clue what other items to do.
Passive skills: Ancestral Bond. Other totem skills good? Mind Over Matter worth taking?
Gems: I have no clue. Searing Bond worthwhile since I have many totems?
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2016, 11:21:03 PM
Should any clarifications be needed, I can supply them. Also, any advice would be valued, even if it is only a small bit.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAE8EQ8hboKdVfA5o8vAfogAEs8Bm4XOaO4Kb7DiFe2ZUlG9yD3GFeuZj_UbXOtgnL5BVGjhFRzLR6-6nCNgkU1JFnZrgVkiFMnyDp5ReXdH9NsUfAgQHg9tVxjpYrJjxbDbYSRsqjexVHNy4kyj6mK2PGoLH-ehBh7c-_grYvfJFOuGmV03j_o81krXybqpkhAag-b2vbAthxq7E9iftBg7UfAn2EMwrtoxG-JN7IBku2WGtjc9-dqxXDfObaGXSIfJBggfZfBRxDjwsp0rE9q6vpxzOK1ANzf5UaFr53TpSvJ8YkfxLFE0EUToWhoIrJgOarv3sLg==

Wep- 5-6 link searing touch
Body armour- Kaoms heart, Cloak of flame, Infernal mantle.
Witchfire brew + doedres damning +1 curse ring.
Soul mantle is going to lower your damage with Ritual of awakening (8% less dmg per totem) The beams do not overlap.
Searing bond- elemental focus- rapid decay- increased burning damage- empower- reduced duration.
Orb of storms- inc crit strikes- curse on hit- flammability
Flame blast (in helm)- Faster casting- Conc effect- Fire pen

Searing bond can probably be swapped out for Scorching ray i am unsure how viable the skill is i will let you come to your own conclusion.

That's the rough outline of the build anyway if you plan on going mind over matter maybe run Wurm's molt ring with a defensive aura or just run a artic armour on your mana again just suggestions i'll let you come to your own conclusions.

Thanks for the build advice. It is a bit different from what I was thinking, but it gives me much more direction than I had initially. I'll probably make this be one of my 2 characters for next league, since this one is nearly over.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info