My take on Scorching Ray

Yeah yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of builds being formulated, but I wanted to share my personal take on the build.

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAWhBQU1GQVFBQWc5V201Q0pGUjhCbTYtNGMzTGlUS1BxQ3hfbm9IYjR6aHdQdWp4cUJyN2pRMmpxeEJZOUdIUlFTYVJjY2NYbUVTRnhydzIyc21PX3IwQjlNc3kwZkhVODF1YWNyRVZCdEdRajB3RlJxUTN5REVTMHNuQ0wwYkF1VEp5LWRGdk1tUEJCWWgyWHhiRGJZU1JzcWpleFZWOGtOZkRlRHB1c3NwcERXTjJZMEN2bmRmOGJCeGV3WUxMOFYxNGF1Vm1QdmlQazMxODlKc2I2S29TX1pXeHNsUzY3cEF1TDNBVzg2V0ZYR2kzb2h3X2xsVi1FYWJQZkJmRXRvOHE5c0MySEdyc1QySi0wR0R0UjhDZmFXZEtjSW5hNERkWkVyV0hkZkJEYkZId0lFQjRQYk10SFlKSXVNd0pvSnF0bjhyZkVZWFR6djZycTJocWk1REZMdFlaeDdLWXViYnQtR2dEQT0AIEFBQUNBQWZRQVFTYUFnRURBUVVDQ3hFQUFRRUJBQU09AAA=

It'll be a CI build utilizing the Inquisitor ascendancy class to reach 12% ES regen per second just on the tree alone. It has roughly 400% ES with Energy From Within jewels placed in key spots. It'll run Discipline in an Essence Worm, Artic Armour and Blasphemy with Flammability linked to a level 3 Enlighten, for 78% reserved mana. The build will utilize The Sorrow of the Divine to proc consecrated ground and potentially Zealots Oath. If I can keep the flask up enough, I'll drop the Zealots Oath skill point. Added to these rather decent defenses, the build picks up something like 300 or 400% damage on the tree and because it's Scorching Ray, we'll be using a lot of MORE multipliers like Elemental Focus, Less Duration and Controlled Destruction.

Obviously since I can't test any of this, I'm not sure how well it will perform, but it should be relatively sound defensively and offensively. The only concern of course is the lack of leech, but with 12% base regen and high ES, it should work out pretty well.

Editing to use for personal reference.

Wand: BBR | Vaal Discipline, Vaal Discipline, Increased Duration | Spell Damage, Fire Damage, Cast Speed
Shield: RRG | Shield Charge, Fortify, Faster Attacks | Energy Shield, Spell Damage, Cast Speed
Helmet: BBBG | Blasphemy, Flammability, Generosity, Artic Armour | Energy Shield, Resists
Boots: BBGR | CWDT, Blade Vortex, Orb of Storms, Critical Strikes | Energy Shield, Resists, Movement Speed
Gloves: BBGR | CWDT, Artic Breath, Vortex, GMP | Energy Shield, Resists
Chest: BBBBRG | Scorching Ray, Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus, Faster Casting, Less Duration, Rapid Decay | Energy Shield, Resists
Neck: Ngamahu Tiki or good rare with Energy Shield, Cast Speed and Resists
Rings: Essence Worm, rare with energy shield, cast speed, spell damage(?) and resists
Flasks: The Sorrow of the Divine, Basalt flask of warding, Quicksilver of Adrenaline, Stibnite of Staunching and Kiara's Determination or Granite of Iron Skin.
Last edited by PhreakingPanda on Nov 17, 2016, 9:08:18 PM
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2016, 6:17:56 AM
Nice! I'm going life with RF myself - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1768775

I'd recommend Increased Burning Damage rather than Less Duration in the gem loadout, though. There's not much difference in their damage output, but the latter has a negative effect while the former doesn't.

Another option, of course, is Empower.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 18, 2016, 6:19:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info