Just an idea

I think that the rate of which keys are given to existing beta members should be lowered and the timer should decrease the interval. It makes it easier for people who haven't even tried this out to get into it.
If you disagree feel free to show your opinion.
Personally I think the timer should be adjusted by activity. There are some people who have registered a long time ago, and were last active two minutes after that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's a wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature line. I have a wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature line now. Wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature lines are cool" -the 11th Doctor
"
Shadeus wrote:
Personally I think the timer should be adjusted by activity. There are some people who have registered a long time ago, and were last active two minutes after that.

I agree too disagree, the forum would then be filled with everyone posting random posts to make sure they get in do to activity, not that it isn't now with everyone posting they want keys but how someone who signs up now gets it over someone who has been waiting 6 months is odd.

I would like to see it based on time of registration.
Last edited by streamIX0 on Jan 29, 2012, 2:21:55 PM
"
streamIX0 wrote:
"
Shadeus wrote:

I agree too disagree, the forum would then be filled with everyone posting random posts to make sure they get in do to activity, not that it isn't now with everyone posting they want keys but how someone who signs up now gets it over someone who has been waiting 6 months is odd.

I would like to see it based on time of registration.

I think both time of registration and activity should be taken into account. And something to make sure the "activity" isn't pure spam.

The truth is, a "fair" system is incredibly hard to make.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's a wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature line. I have a wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature line now. Wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature lines are cool" -the 11th Doctor
I think it should just be that to be in the lottery you would have had to log into your account (not post anything) within the past week ... that way people who don't care anymore are filtered out, but no spamming...
 ------------------------------------
|I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker |
|... I never got the chance to tell him |
|... he will be remembered.               |
I've been wondering about this too. It seems that alot of these beta codes are going to people who either forgot or lost interest in the game meanwhile there are alot of people that want to play but can't because of these "dead codes"
"
I've been wondering about this too. It seems that alot of these beta codes are going to people who either forgot or lost interest in the game meanwhile there are alot of people that want to play but can't because of these "dead codes"

That's exactly what i meant thx PhantumStranger for understanding
"

Exactly, so if you were still intersted then all you'd have to do is log into the forum once a week, but if you couldnt even be bothered to do that / didn't care then you wouldn't be in the running until you came back ...

seems like a very fair solution ... everyone who still cares about playing gets an equal chance to play ... those who don't care don't ... i'd imagine if it worked like this then the number of people in the lottery would have been reduced by so much that the people waiting months and months for keys wouldn't have had to, or it would have been very unlikely to have to wait that long...

also I suspect lots of people created more than one account (even though I believe its against the rules) just to increase their chances of getting to play ... then when one account became active they forgot about their other accounts (which are now unused) and so these would also be removed from the lottery because the people wouldn't have logged into them since their other account became activated for beta ...

it's kinda too late now, what with open beta not being that far away and things having gone on as they are for quite some time ... but still it would have been nice if it'd worked as I suggested...
While looking at the actual "Numbers Thread", I came to the conclusion that they are most probably sending more keys now (i.e. faster timer) than they were before because a larger part of the keys they are sending are not being used.

This lead me to believe that if they implemented a "must be active" policy, they would probably go back to 25-30 minutes timers. Which would not net you any more key than now.
"
Voragain wrote:
While looking at the actual "Numbers Thread", I came to the conclusion that they are most probably sending more keys now (i.e. faster timer) than they were before because a larger part of the keys they are sending are not being used.

This lead me to believe that if they implemented a "must be active" policy, they would probably go back to 25-30 minutes timers. Which would not net you any more key than now.

Just a guess from looking at who the keys go to, but more than 1 in 5 seem to be inactive, so I'd imagine you would stand a better chance ... but then again this is all hypothetical, we aren't in a position to change it even if we determined a better way to do things... it was just a thought about what seemed like the most logical way to do things as I saw them...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info