Farewel (tired of elitism)

I hope that social features and moderation will come to the game sooner rather than later.... for these exact reasons.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I've seen very little of this sort of behavior in the actual hardcore league, but I expect this is partially due to the relatively low population - less trolls to /ignore, easier to answer newbie questions with more thought due to lower frequency. Also less ridicule over zomgdps (none? Haven't seen any, anyway), but that's due to the nature of the league.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
MMO betas sometimes get like this toward the end when the "vets" who have been playing for weeks are tired of every (larger) wave coming in and asking the same questions.

In regards to trade, some people will always rip others off if they find a way to do it.
FFA loot sucks.
Last edited by Die_Scream on Jan 29, 2012, 12:37:04 AM
"
Destramo wrote:
Hi there, I would like to share my gaming experience at PoE so far.

Game is amazing, needs some balancing and could use some more itemization. But overal I like it. I would even stick around and play it but community seems to be pathetic.

People tend to troll chat for entire day, there are few people that are online more than 18 hours a day, and they mock every one else around. If some one offers help to newbies they mock them to death (Don't help them noob, let them learn game, don't answer to their questions "where are specific quest mobs located")

Not to mention that 80% of PoE community refuses to help instead of giving you tips they will point you out in wrong directions so they can benefit from it. Alot of scamming going around when trading too.

They spit on your if your dps is low for around your Level (ahahah you scrub you don't know how to build) Didn't happen personaly to me but I see it alot of times around general chat...

Seems to me like PoE community is based around age of 15-17.

Anyway great game, crap community so~ Thank you but NO thank you.

~Peace

Well... erm... if you don't want your account any more can I have it because I'd love to play :D
 ------------------------------------
|I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker |
|... I never got the chance to tell him |
|... he will be remembered.               |
 ------------------------------------
You'll get this type of behavior in any online game. Anonymity makes most people act like dicks, nothing anyone can do about it. Just ignore them, I play with Global chat turned off.

"
omfgzlolz wrote:
"
Destramo wrote:

This man speaks the truth! .. you tend to get poor/immature communities with F2P games. Have you seen some of the names that these people come up with?

Yeah, omfgzlolz ... lol.

Though, in all seriousness, this is what you'd expect with a free game. Its only going to get worse.
Last edited by Nunnayo on Jan 29, 2012, 12:41:12 PM
I usually ignore global chat. Always get trolled at, when i ask a question :/ Usually ask my friend for help or search at forums, when i do need.
For this reason i play solo in most online games unless i have friends who play it too. I rather miss out on content that needs to be done with groups than group up with horrible big mouthed kids and do it.

I have been playing beta for a few days only and i havent seen much of this yet..thankfully. Turn off the global chat thing and /ignore.. find and play with the nice people, cus there are many of those too :)
"
Nunnayo wrote:
"
omfgzlolz wrote:
"
Destramo wrote:

This man speaks the truth! .. you tend to get poor/immature communities with F2P games. Have you seen some of the names that these people come up with?

Yeah, omfgzlolz ... lol.

Though, in all seriousness, this is what you'd expect with a free game. Its only going to get worse.

It will only get worse, it's a shame because this game has a whole lot of potential. F2P kiddies will probably end up playing this game, while the rest of us will be happily paying our sub fee to Blizzard for Diablo 3.
I try to help where I can, but the sad truth is that if you try to answer every question, you rarely ever get any actual playing in.

Lately, I end up directing people to the forums more often than not. It may sound rude, but it's the most comprehensive source of information we have for the moment. I try to stop and answer questions on material that is difficult to find (at least anything that I'm fairly certain on), when I can. But with the game gaining new members at such a furious pace, even that can be tough sometimes.

As frustrating as it is learning to play in such a complicated game, you have to realize that it's also very frustrating to answer questions that literally get repeated every few minutes. I think (and hope) that this frustration is the source of a lot of this trolling and general unhelpfulness. It's a pattern that is very easy to fall into. If you want to change the community, don't leave, and don't fall into the same pattern.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info