[Feedback requested] LL Templar Glacial Cascader

Looking at trying to make Glacial Cascade great again, or at least a bit more fun than the typical life based caster. I've got an idea of running a low-life semi crit oriented inquisitor and dual curse, possibly 3 depending on swapping auras out. The skill tree at 90 looks like this, though it's definitely open to suggestions and improvements.

http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAUxBQU1GQVJBQWVHanlQTzhZWGEzeHdHWThCZTk4bjktYU80S2I3VHpWcGlsUGE3ZUZmUlpBWnA3NjBoY3ZaT2RWMW9DazYtNThneEV0TEp3RlFrR1cwUFd1czB5emw1VlNVejFmUlg0T1hHcjZJRzVRTUpmMGJSa1JVRFc1cHl2Wld4c2xTNjdwQXQtS3R6R01kaUwwYkF1VEo3NktvU192aVBrMzE4OUpzWF9Hd2NXSVFoM1pRMVQwY2V3WWNMdVAtdXYxWkozeUhmRFZTVkZUTlZCQ2pEYUowM0JTS2d0ZDhpc0tFUzh5MFVWSHl0TzBET3E2RFh3MENqZG1MS2FRMW52WENQVEFWR3BEMjE1WGxJOUdtNkVZYWpsU1dBZjUzVGRIYTZ5bkNLS2pEOFE3ZkxqS0FwYlNmQ21MbTI3ZmhvQXdrbTY4Vmc9PQAQQUFBQ0FBZlFBUUgwQVFBQQAA

Auras would be something along the lines of:

Life
Blood Magic + Herald of Ice + Discipline

Mana
Heretic's Veil + 2 or 3 auras (Temp chains + Frostbite / Vulnerability)

I'm trying to set a new goal for next league and actually end up using a 5/6L Shavs in a low life build, though I have more than a few concerns with this setup I've got currently, and am looking for any help you guys might be able to provide.

1. Without CI's ES nodes, I think the total ES might be an issue
2. Without Mind over Matter, not having the CI nodes seems a bit more dangerous, and makes me want to drop one or two auras to keep enough available, which would mean dropping Heretics Veil/6 points (that would go towards pure ES if possible)
3. Damage scaling of Glacial Cascade at high levels, by itself, with no conversions- would this be enough to comfortable clear T15 content?
4. Inquisitor Ascendancy. The points Pious Path states that you regenerate 4% ES and mana while on consecrated ground, which would mean I'd be running probably 2 Sulphur Flasks. Does this mean, while standing on consecrated ground, I effectively ignore the ES recharge delay (if it's just the 4% per second)?
5. Sanctify states create consecrated ground on KILL, so I assume that's on the dead mob location, much like Gifts from Above?

Thanks for your input!
Last edited by icrashevos on Nov 8, 2016, 2:08:42 PM
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2016, 2:12:51 PM
A change to the skill tree would be something along the lines of:
http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAUxBQU1GQVJBQWVHanlQTzhZWGEzeHdHWThCZTk4bjktYU80S2I3VHpWcGlsUGE3ZUZmUlpBWnA3NjBoY3ZaT2RWMW9DazYtNThneEV0TEp3RlFrR1cwUFd1czB5emw1VlNVejFmUlg0T1hHcjZJRzVRTUpmMGJSa1JVRFc1cHl2Wld4c2xTNjdwQXQtS3R6R01kaUwwYkF1VEo3NktvU192aVBrMzE4OUpzWF9Hd2NXSVFoM1pRMVQwY2V3WWNMdVAtdXYxWkozeUhmRFZTVkZUTlZCQ2pEYUowM0JTS2d0ZDhpc0tFUzh5MFVWSHl0TzBET3E2RFh3MENqZG1MS2FRMW52WENQVEFWR3BEMjE1WGxQbmROMGRycktLakQ4UTdmTGpLR216M3dkRFFYMnFGTXVRaUFwYlNmQ21MbTI3ZmhvQXdrbTY4Vmc9PQAQQUFBQ0FBZlFBUUgwQVFBQQAA

This would drop the Dual Curse option (and Heretic's Veil), run just TC on blasphemy and pick up Zealot's Oath, MoM, and Ghost Reaver. Weapon of choice would most likely have to be Doryani's Catalyst, and this would definitely help defenses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info