Why do I fall asleep playing this game.

because the game is boring as fuck. but its a great game. if drop rates were better and gear was actually attainable it would be a better game.
"
spawn10459 wrote:
because the game is boring as fuck. but its a great game. if drop rates were better and gear was actually attainable it would be a better game.

Exactly. If maps were grindable without constantly having to plunge currency in them, the engine was actually optimized for average computers without ssd and divination cards/essences made everything attainable in a decent timeframe, this game would be very enjoyable to play for long periods of time.
But now, I get burned out being forced to constantly roll maps to find new maps that I've started grinding dried lake till lvl 90 and ignoring essences. Makes the game much more enjoyable to be honest.
Rolling maps takes you out of the grinding atmosphere, so do crafting and other stuff.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Lol try feeding, bathing and putting one of two kids to sleep (hope I used the expression correctly) then running some vaal temples.

"
spawn10459 wrote:

Then it would be D3 and then I would fall asleep during the first rift-err map.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Oct 27, 2016, 6:52:17 AM
"
pr13st wrote:
Lol try feeding, bathing and putting one of two kids to sleep (hope I used the expression correctly) then running some vaal temples.

"
spawn10459 wrote:

Not really. It's about balancing the carrot and stick portion of the game.
D3 has no stick, only carrot. Poe at the current moment is all stick. D2 with "certain websites" made every item available and plenty enough that it didn't become frustrating to play the builds you wanted to play during a short league. 7-8 exalts should be the maximum price for any item, maybe 12 exalts for those "target" "long duration" uniques/rares that are mirror worthy. But definitely not 200 exalts or a mirror. Makes the game boring and restrictive.
You're forced to play new leagues if you want to have something new and fun, but most builds you want to play require you to grind way too much. So there's downsides to playing both standard as well as the new leagues.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
pr13st wrote:

"
spawn10459 wrote:

Not really. It's about balancing the carrot and stick portion of the game.
D3 has no stick, only carrot. Poe at the current moment is all stick. D2 with "certain websites" made every item available and plenty enough that it didn't become frustrating to play the builds you wanted to play during a short league. 7-8 exalts should be the maximum price for any item, maybe 12 exalts for those "target" "long duration" uniques/rares that are mirror worthy. But definitely not 200 exalts or a mirror. Makes the game boring and restrictive.
You're forced to play new leagues if you want to have something new and fun, but most builds you want to play require you to grind way too much. So there's downsides to playing both standard as well as the new leagues.
GGG has the perfect solution for this very problem.

Bring Cadiro Perandus back, make Wraeclast great again!
"
Bring Cadiro Perandus back, make Wraeclast great again!

That would actually solve everything, yeah.
No more 4 chaos investment, just add Perandus league as it was before the nerf. GOD that was such a good league. So much fun, first time I actually had a reason to grind maps.
Because over the last four years this game has become progressively more boring.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
The game does a poor job at challenging you, 95% of the "challenge" boils down to defeating randomness. Looting is random, crafting is random - which is ok, but then progression is also random, lol... I stop playing PoE each season for the same reason: grinding faceroll endgame becomes boring af.

There is really no incentive to do stupidly difficult maps, because progression is wildly random and poorly reflects content difficulty & currency investment. Atlas did nothing to fix this (actually made some things worse, progression-wise) and several XP nerfs are the icing on the demotivational cake.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info