Largest-ever expansion 3.0.0

When it comes to the size of the expansion their probably taking in to account the scope of the whole situation like needing to rebalance literally the entire game around there being only 2 difficulties for example.

They probably don't mean the biggest ever in terms of brand new never before seen content.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 26, 2016, 4:15:13 AM
from my experience , i would say : don't expect too much from next expension ..or u will be very disapointed.

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Winter will be over, but I'd like to see some snow!
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
Miazga wrote:
"
JakeCourtney wrote:

We're currently working on our largest-ever expansion, 3.0.0, which will be released next year."

I hardly believe they will deliver, unless by largest-ever expansion means largest-ever content gating, cause so far (ie from 2.0 onwards) GGG rather failed in providing anything but that

Gated content ? What ? there is no gated content dude... There is build that can kill shaper and uber atziri on a budget if you are unable to then you just need to get better at the game.
Yes, they will add Act 5 (10 Acts are planned in total for the game, so there is still at least 5 more years to come) and remove one difficulty (probably Cruel), which means the access to the endgame content will change a bit in the coming years.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
I'm finding it very hard to get excited about an expansion for this game anymore. Sure they always deliver 'more' but it's never as good as you think it will be. It's more like going to a concert to see your favourite band, waiting 3 months for the date to arrive, only to have a tribute band turn up instead. Reading your ticket more closely you then realise it says in very small letters how it was for a tribute band all along.

To give an example of what I mean:

"This amount of structure is a pretty huge change to the formless system the maps took on before Atlas of Worlds, but Grinding Gear told me it wanted to make sure that players could ignore the Atlas entirely if they didn’t like it, not wanting to alienate current players. If you just want to play like you were before, you’ll still be completing maps, finding more that drop, and generally seeing them getting more difficult—you just won’t know the method behind it all unless you consult the Atlas. So while it adds some welcome structure, it doesn’t impose itself upon you."

Taken from here: http://www.pcgamer.com/path-of-exile-is-getting-an-end-game-overhaul/

A whole expansion hyped as changing the end game and in the end it can be completely ignored/nothing really changes other than what always does which is that most of the builds which have become popular over the last few months got broken.

Seems to me like the core game mechanic of the game is actually between GGG and the players playing whack-a-mole with end game viable builds every 3 months. Players find something that can actually kill with and works in the end game and then GGG comes along and stops it working. Players find something else and GGG fucks that up too. Rinse and repeat.
Last edited by Chaoticmess on Oct 26, 2016, 5:53:02 AM
What we'll get
Act 5
riddance of cruel
more maps
laser skills
more uniques
performance improvements
new supporter packs & mtxs
?mtx overhall

What I hope for:
snow
capes
permanent minions (that stay after relogging)

Edit: as others have said, don't expect wonders. I'll be happy with a league reset and some minor performance improvements personally. Oh, and new supporter packs :)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Oct 26, 2016, 6:03:04 AM
"
Chaoticmess wrote:

Seems to me like the core game mechanic of the game is actually between GGG and the players playing whack-a-mole with end game viable builds every 3 months. Players find something that can actually kill with and works in the end game and then GGG comes along and stops it working. Players find something else and GGG fucks that up too. Rinse and repeat.

This !

I still love POE and GGG team though :))) awesome game !
I still wouldn't mind a full scale 3D world like WoW, but in a Poe universe...
Would need to slow the combat mechanics a bit down,
greater spawn rate for mobs, maps could be turned into dungeons and raids etc.
A lot of potential. Had they started with that, keeping the itemisation and skill tree and fully customisable hideouts, it could have been a very serious rival for WoW.
Shame.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Oct 26, 2016, 7:04:13 AM
Yeah, well... Atlas was also supposed to "change everything you knew about the endgame", lol.

If they manage to deliver a whole Act, without spliting it accross two expansions, it will already be a lot. But imo the 3-months development schedule is too intense, and it shows (Uber Lab delay, Atlas features delivered after 1.5 monts, new skills not ready for release, etc...)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info