Hey mechanics pros, take a crack at this.

I've an interesting result that shouldn't be possible.
Here's what's used:

I do not have any other frenzy generation sources. With this setup, i am able to gain 3 frenzy charges per use of flicker strike. This should not be possible.
You should be able to gain only one charge when flicker ignites someone, when this procs eye of innnocence, it triggers vengeance which also can only gain 1 charge. Where does the 3rd charge come from?
I have tested flicker alone and vengeance alone, both are only able to generate 1 charge, no matter how many ignites they apply per use. The ignite on self from Eye of innocence does not grant a charge(duh).

Here's an example video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGG83MwGbQU&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by lolPLSiGOTthis on Oct 24, 2016, 12:30:59 PM
Last bumped on Nov 1, 2016, 10:07:19 PM
When you did your testing of Flicker and Vengeance separately, did you test against multiple enemies, or just one?

I am relatively certain Oro's unique Frenzy charge granting is per Hit, not per Skill Use. I believe it goes:

1 Attack Hits 2 Enemies.
First enemy: Did it ignite? Yes. An Attack has Ignited an enemy. Gain 1 Frenzy Charge.
Second enemy: Did it ignite? Yes. An Attack has Ignited an enemy. Gain 1 Frenzy Charge.

I feel like I should be more certain of this since I use Oro's on one of my mains, but I never paid much attention to the Frenzy generation. I guess that's what I get for playing hipster mode!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
That is kind of a deliciously evil combo, though.

DAMNIT why can't I ever level my damn eventually-Oro's Duelist up enough to get to that sword...

But yeah. So far as I know, Oro's frenzy-on-Ignite is per hit, not per skill activation. Nevertheless - if you multistrike Flicker, hit one enemy three times, and ignite him twice, then both of those ignites would count as separate hits via Eye of Innocense, and separate possible skill activations for Vengeance. That could also be where your extra charges are coming from - Flicker activates only once but Vengeance has a 30% chance of triggering a completely separate activation per self-whack from EoI.
"
adghar wrote:
When you did your testing of Flicker and Vengeance separately, did you test against multiple enemies, or just one?

I am relatively certain Oro's unique Frenzy charge granting is per Hit, not per Skill Use. I believe it goes:

1 Attack Hits 2 Enemies.
First enemy: Did it ignite? Yes. An Attack has Ignited an enemy. Gain 1 Frenzy Charge.
Second enemy: Did it ignite? Yes. An Attack has Ignited an enemy. Gain 1 Frenzy Charge.

I feel like I should be more certain of this since I use Oro's on one of my mains, but I never paid much attention to the Frenzy generation. I guess that's what I get for playing hipster mode!

Multiple.
And it's per skill use.
In the example video example, you gain 3 charges instantly, on the very first frame of the hit. later hits that also ignite do not add charges. The flicker hit and Vengeance hit obviously gain a charge but something else is causing you to gain 1 more extra.
"
1453R wrote:
That is kind of a deliciously evil combo, though.

DAMNIT why can't I ever level my damn eventually-Oro's Duelist up enough to get to that sword...

But yeah. So far as I know, Oro's frenzy-on-Ignite is per hit, not per skill activation. Nevertheless - if you multistrike Flicker, hit one enemy three times, and ignite him twice, then both of those ignites would count as separate hits via Eye of Innocense, and separate possible skill activations for Vengeance. That could also be where your extra charges are coming from - Flicker activates only once but Vengeance has a 30% chance of triggering a completely separate activation per self-whack from EoI.

It's per skill activation, you can clearly see that in the video you don't get any more new charges from further multistrike flicker hits.
Vengeance has a 1.2 second cooldown, multistriked flicker finishes long before a second one gets an opportunity to activate.
In the video the Flicker hit and Vengeance activation happens pretty much instantaneously and grants 3 charges.
At work, can't watch video. Sorry.

Hmm...sounds like magic, then.

Yep.

Magic.
You have BV on cwdt, but it doesn't activate in the video.
Maybe you are gaining a frenzy charge for igniting yourself?

EDIT: That should't work though, unless the eye hit counts as an attack, and you count as an enemy.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Oct 24, 2016, 3:47:41 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Maybe you are gaining a frenzy charge for igniting yourself?

That doesn't make any sense. An Amulet is not a Weapon, so it shouldn't be dealing an Attack to you. And even if it did that, it should show up on the Flicke/Vengeance separately test.

I also want to watch the video and I, too, am somewhat preoccupied. We'll see how procrastinate-y I feel later.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Oh wait, I know what is causing this.

It's the same thing that lets you get lots of power charges from Romira's with two separate ball lightning casts.

Skill uses which hit alternately reset each other's ability to gain a charge. Maybe because it is based on whether that skill use was the most recent one to gain a charge?

What happens is this:
Flicker ignites some enemies and gets you 1 (max) frenzy charge. This causes vengeance to proc while the next flicker from multistrike is still happening.
Vengeance procs and gains 1 (max) frenzy charge.
Flicker hits again after vengeance has procced. Because vengeance has already done its thing, Flicker now thinks it can gain a Frenzy charge, so it does.

Try it without multistrike and you should only gain 2 charges.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Oct 24, 2016, 4:00:50 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Oh wait, I know what is causing this.

It's the same thing that lets you get lots of power charges from Romira's with two separate ball lightning casts.

Skill uses which hit alternately reset each other's ability to gain a charge. Maybe because it is based on whether that skill use was the most recent one to gain a charge?

What happens is this:
Flicker ignites some enemies and gets you 1 (max) frenzy charge. This causes vengeance to proc while the next flicker from multistrike is still happening.
Vengeance procs and gains 1 (max) frenzy charge.
Flicker hits again after vengeance has procced. Because vengeance has already done its thing, Flicker now thinks it can gain a Frenzy charge, so it does.

Try it without multistrike and you should only gain 2 charges.

But if you look at the video, I get 3 charges before flicker gets an opportunity to hit a 2nd time or 3rd time. You gain the 3 charges at the exact frame flicker hits.
Last edited by lolPLSiGOTthis on Oct 24, 2016, 4:08:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info