Trying to build the ultimate Izaro killer...without going ES.

"
anubite wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
any regen tankish toon is fine for izaro and trials

a regular RF toon, your cookie cutter chieftain or jugg, is one of the strongest toons there can be for lab, in my experience. just pretty much zero risk.

I've been playing around with a RF character, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'regular'.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHnBLMGDgbDCfYLYQxfE6UUIBZvFy8YVhhdGS4aPhv6HKckqiXfJvMn7SkuKU81kjbpOuE8BTwtPO89_EGHTeNTpVXWVw1XlFhjW6BfP2TnZp5odGjyfA58S3y4ffWApIIHgpuDX4PMjHaUoJZ0mjuePJ7Nn9-iAKQZplemo6cwp1Wtja9stiy3Mbc-uX7AZsQVxFjE9sYExq7G2M9-0iHUfNWm2E3Yvdlh2mLjau087w7vfPAf8azyL_JB8kX2SPno-tL-Cv6P?accountName=anubite&characterName=Salubriate

I'm using RF+bladefall for AoE and RF+fireball for single target. It's great for mapping so far but even with 4.5k life simply merciless (not uber) Izaro is a bit of a challenge still for the character; didn't really trivialize it for me. I'm probably missing a chase unique though - is there some critical item or passive I need? Or am I focusing on the wrong skill?
I meant, pure RF where you main damage comes from RF burn so you stack life. you get 7k+ life on those builds and 6+ endurance charges
"
anubite wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

a regular RF toon, your cookie cutter chieftain or jugg, is one of the strongest toons there can be for lab, in my experience. just pretty much zero risk.

I've been playing around with a RF character, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'regular'.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHnBLMGDgbDCfYLYQxfE6UUIBZvFy8YVhhdGS4aPhv6HKckqiXfJvMn7SkuKU81kjbpOuE8BTwtPO89_EGHTeNTpVXWVw1XlFhjW6BfP2TnZp5odGjyfA58S3y4ffWApIIHgpuDX4PMjHaUoJZ0mjuePJ7Nn9-iAKQZplemo6cwp1Wtja9stiy3Mbc-uX7AZsQVxFjE9sYExq7G2M9-0iHUfNWm2E3Yvdlh2mLjau087w7vfPAf8azyL_JB8kX2SPno-tL-Cv6P?accountName=anubite&characterName=Salubriate

I'm using RF+bladefall for AoE and RF+fireball for single target. It's great for mapping so far but even with 4.5k life simply merciless (not uber) Izaro is a bit of a challenge still for the character; didn't really trivialize it for me. I'm probably missing a chase unique though - is there some critical item or passive I need? Or am I focusing on the wrong skill?

You've got the wrong train of thought. There is no passive, unique item, or skill that trivializes Izaro. Not per se.

Izaro is trivialized by leech and mitigation. The combination of each and both.

If you have 3k life but Izaro never does more than 500, it's better than having 5k life and Izaro doing some 2.5k damage. You're losing 2/5ths of your life but reducing Izaro's damage by 4/5ths. Now you only need to leech back 500 rather than 2.5k every time he hits. Now if you have 3k life but only reduce his damage to, say, 2k, then you need a shit ton more leech to compensate for the lower mitigation. This is just for the sake of example.

If you have 7 e-charges, 20k armor, Fortify, and Lightnign Coil, Izaro is going to deal very little damage. As such, you need very little leech. However, if you have no mitigation, you're going to need a ton of leech to begin with, and tons of increased leech rate.

Some things I would recommend is using Devouring Totem with Desecrate (supported by either Spell Echo or a Mine/Minefield setup) to provide corpses. This gives some more recovery. Rejuvenation Totem isn't too useful. Another would be the Berserker's War Bringer, tied with whatever warcry(ies) you use.
"
Natharias wrote:

Some things I would recommend is using Devouring Totem with Desecrate (supported by either Spell Echo or a Mine/Minefield setup) to provide corpses. This gives some more recovery.

This is an awesome idea and I am going to try it out. Thanks!
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
"
Natharias wrote:
"
anubite wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

You've got the wrong train of thought. There is no passive, unique item, or skill that trivializes Izaro. Not per se.

Izaro is trivialized by leech and mitigation. The combination of each and both.

If you have 3k life but Izaro never does more than 500, it's better than having 5k life and Izaro doing some 2.5k damage. You're losing 2/5ths of your life but reducing Izaro's damage by 4/5ths. Now you only need to leech back 500 rather than 2.5k every time he hits. Now if you have 3k life but only reduce his damage to, say, 2k, then you need a shit ton more leech to compensate for the lower mitigation. This is just for the sake of example.

If you have 7 e-charges, 20k armor, Fortify, and Lightnign Coil, Izaro is going to deal very little damage. As such, you need very little leech. However, if you have no mitigation, you're going to need a ton of leech to begin with, and tons of increased leech rate.

Some things I would recommend is using Devouring Totem with Desecrate (supported by either Spell Echo or a Mine/Minefield setup) to provide corpses. This gives some more recovery. Rejuvenation Totem isn't too useful. Another would be the Berserker's War Bringer, tied with whatever warcry(ies) you use.
a combination of basalt and your choice of stibnite/granite trivializes izaro a huge deal, especially if your build utilizes endurance charges or armour.

any toon can carry a basalt and granite/stibnite as well as enfeeble. combine those three and his phys damage is crippled a ton to the point he wont be doing more than like 2.5k phys in no circumstances.
Lab builds generally run as life/armor/regen; physical mitigation deals with a lot of trap damage, and straight regeneration - not leech - combined with sufficient physical mitigation lets you blitz through traps.

The left side of the tree lets you get a not-insignificant amount of straight regen; 7-9% is fairly doable, more if you push it hard. Do a Slayer with your high single-target DPS set-up of choice and that oh-so-delicious SupahCull, and you can deal with Izaro himself much more easily. The third fight is easily mostly-bypassed with Slayer SupahCull, which means only one fight (the second) you have to deal with buffed Izaro in. Good for key generation.

Slayer also allows much stronger leech, and the Duelist start has 2% attack damage leech freely available in the tree, so no need for Warlord's Mark for leech. Combine regen with leech with armor/ECs/other mitigation, and once it all comes together for you dropping Izaro should be pretty straightforward.

Elsewise, Decoy Totem can help distract him (frankly, so can an Ancestral totem, so you may want to try that instead for more damage), and enough curse effectiveness on Enfeeble can make anything simple. Specific skills is trickier, but I think the best route is probably a regen-facetank Slayer. That SupahCull is invaluable for keyfarm Izaro runs - you don't want to deal with megabuffed third-fight AngryZaro for any longer than you remotely have to.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:33:05 PM
"
anubite wrote:
I feel like CI+Vaal Pact is the only sure way to make uber Izaro ezmodo. He's got SO much burst damage (especially phys burst) and I've tried my luck at life+armor characters and found him still decently challenging (not impossible...just, hard enough I usually only get 2 keys off him and it's still a rough fight).

What is the single best uber Izaro killer...without going CI? I really hate CI itemization and playing as a CI character.

Kintsugi seems to be the best item choice from what I can tell - but even with that item you still need like a minimum of 6k life to make it viable. If you let Izaro get fully buffed, is there anyway to make a budget character take him down easily? I don't necessarily mean face tank him, I'm just tired of getting OHKO'd by his cleaves and leap slams. Is the trick just getting a SUPER beastly decoy totem? Decoy totem is probably the only reason I've been able to kill him at all.

Are there any builds tailored to farming uber lab and really succeed at it, without going CI? I'm kind of disappointed all of my builds share a common weakness of being oneshot by Izaro on ocassion, even when I feel like I've significantly invested in defense.

Champion dual Warchief totem facebreaker with poison, coil and taste of hate. Don't invest too heavily in armour, he will just pierce it with a big hit. hatred + dual curse with Doedre's damning, Blas enfeeble + witchfire brew. Fight begins dodge leap get on top of him and put a cloud on him. With a goku Steel ring and amulet, devoto's devotion etc you should murder him before it gets too sketch. You can always get 1 shot thou if you let him have a golems and you are unlucky. Oh yea a redblade helmet would help too, dunno what ur budget is.
I farmed him for a while with that character on HC, mapped with abyssus. I never allowed him to have golems thou
Last edited by Plaguerat313 on Oct 25, 2016, 3:30:43 AM
"
Berserker Blade Vortex might be your best bet. You can get over 9k hp with a regular kaoms, though you'll have to run BV in a Wyrmsign/that ice crown unique hat or a staff/bow. What makes Berserker shine is that he gets 100% life leech upon taking a savage hit; as long as you're leeching from something you're safe from everything besides degens (i.e. Shaper laser) and one shots.

Most of that 100% leech is wasted unless you have instant leech from some source or another, since Berserker Supahleech still respects the 20% maximum life per second leech rate cap.

Really, they just need to rework Vaal Pact/Acuity so that 'instant leech' still respects the same leech rates as regular leech, then detune the Shaper so he doesn't need stupidiculous 37k ES counts and 100% Vaal Pact SupahLeech to get past his bullscheiss. benefit: the rest of the game makes sense again.
Why not copy the Windz guy? Dude's been farming Izaro 24/7 on Essence HC, he posted his build somewhere. It's an el-cheapo RF build.
So far, i've only managed a dual (quad) fire totem build to be cable to beat Izaro in all difficulties. basically you dodge/run the totems do the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info