Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Anybody seen this? Was on steam for 15 USD, figured I'd give it a go. Seems cool and looks nice, but early access, so not holding my breath.

Edit: Video link
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HoeHV2P5kU
Last edited by Zac89 on Oct 20, 2016, 11:35:21 PM
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2016, 4:47:04 AM
I bought it, played for 20 minutes and refunded it. The game is VERY barebones at the moment. 2012 PoE was way more complete.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Fair enough, gonna give it a go in a couple of days. Still though, did you see any potential?
I see potential in this game, but I will wait until like early to mid 2018 before giving it a try. Might forgot it by then unless it get really hyped before release launch.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

That is kind of why I wanted to get now, in case it blows up and gets more expensive. Plus I was in on POE from the get go on one account, then steam, and its the best decision ever lol Even if it gives me half the fun and I play for half the time, its worth the 15 dollars.
I do not think the game will get expensive. It is taking a similar route to Grim Dawn in using Steam for exposure and easy way to deliver patches. They made enough from KS to actively build the core game, but still need funding via Steam to further pan out the game for any uncertainty during development and possibly expand a bit more.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 21, 2016, 12:31:28 AM
Ah OK fair enough, very good point. Hope its awesome gameplay wise because it looks good for alpha (graphics wise).
Last edited by Zac89 on Oct 21, 2016, 12:35:39 AM
the "rotating wheel" skill tree is an original idea and sounds kinda interesting, ish
I bought it a while back and played it for a bit but then left it,will check it out more when it starts to feel more solid.It looks promising so took the risk of not refunding.

"
Coal48 wrote:
the "rotating wheel" skill tree is an original idea and sounds kinda interesting, ish

Yeah it's a clever iteration on PoE's skill tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info