Life base gear like ES

You can get 750+ ES on a HELMET but no more than 500 Life on a chest that has no sockets. Seems balanced to me...
Last edited by BrownTown86 on Oct 20, 2016, 11:00:43 PM
Last bumped on Oct 23, 2016, 11:58:52 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
People say ES is supposed to have a higher pool than life while having less mitigation. Imho this logic fails. That mitigation only applies to physical damage. So regarding elemental damage, ES is already better off.

This is even worse for life builds that don't even get a lot of armour/evasion. Not to mention, it takes twice as much passive points to invest into life than ES to get the same amount of EHP.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
one more thing, you can use flasks to restore life, can't do it with ES (inb4 vinktar - no, it works for both life and es)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
what numbers are you using to get that much on a helmet? unless you are counting increased in the tree and so on but then you aren't doing that for life either so HMMMMMMMMM

100 base ES
72 flat roll
188% ES roll
20% quality

172*(2.88+0.2) = 530 absolute max roll on a helmet?
I was very proud on my 750 life reg per second which is about ~10.5%. The ES guy in my group told me he is regenerating 2k ES per second and occasionally (like every few seconds) goes up to some even higher value.

There is nothing! what life can do better than ES.
Last edited by LSN on Oct 21, 2016, 5:40:22 AM
The balance between life and ES is beyond broken. Path of Exile right now is: play ES or GTFO. Thats basically the dev statement which is implemented in the sponge playstyle of this game.

One more unfair advantage is that ES easily allows to go for 4x damage jewels ignoring increased ES% on them because getting 12k ES with CI on shit gear is piss easy now a days while life have to check if increased life% is on every jewel to prevent getting oneshotted with 6-7k life.
Im not sure about that number on a helm however a shield can have the same flat es as all the flat life you will get from all your gear. Throw in for example 38% es pathing out of the witch area and 17% life pathing out of the tanky maruader and the whole thing has become a bad joke.
I play both life and es builds

es cannot take acrobatics, good luck getting block, you'll always get stunned-frozen-shocked-burned, you won't leech nor regen if you don't invest in it and life get 12hp each lvl, so what?

edit: saying an helm can have 750es makes your argument invalid
Last edited by DarkWap on Oct 21, 2016, 6:25:00 AM
"
DarkWap wrote:
I play both life and es builds

es cannot take acrobatics, good luck getting block, you'll always get stunned-frozen-shocked-burned, you won't leech nor regen if you don't invest in it and life get 12hp each lvl, so what?

edit: saying an helm can have 750es makes your argument invalid

-Armour (life) builds can't take acro either (only evasion can).
-Frozen? heat flask, check.
-Shocked and burned? both builds have equal chance of getting shocked and burned, but dousing and grounding flask, check.
-Stunned? Most ES builds are ranged (they already more easily avoid stuns), and they can take Practical Application and Nimbleness for a 70% chance to avoid stuns while casting. Cyclone builds are immune to stuns. They can use uniques like Skyforth boots and Eye of Chayula.

Looks like OP's not the only one with invalid points.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Life just needs some way to mitigate Elemental Damage and then it will be balanced.

Gluttony of Elements is not a solution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info