New Daily Mission Block Feature IS HORRIBLE

Can't enter any of my Daily Master Mission (that were enterable before,) says they're blocked (when I KNOW they aren't. It's just a lamp or some tiny doodad that doesn't block the portals entrance, but this new thing prevents me from opening them...)

It's a horrible feature, and should be removed.

Tiny decorations that don't ACTUALLY block the Missions, shouldn't prevent the Missions from starting when they're next to the Master..

All my Masters' portals were enterable, and now NONE of them can be opened.. -.-"

And I'm not moving them, OCD and all, they're perfect where they are.

Was gonna give people on 820 buncha free Masters, now I couldn't. GG GGG. FK u.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2016, 8:50:44 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
What a horrible problem. This must be top priority for GGG to fix since it makes this game unpalyable.[/sarcasm]
What the heck with you guys? Just move your NPC and start your mission. You had wasted more time whining on the forum. And please - stop imprisoning your NPCs under tons of garbage and debris. Nobody will ever see your art installation with Vorici burried under it.
It is a problem. GGG already spent resources to make something worse and annoy everyone with nicely decorated hideouts and thematic master placement. Obviously it wasn't a top priority to make the change but they did it. Reversing the change essentially requires no resources whatsoever (they just revert to old system).

GGG needs to go back to the way it was or fix the clearance, because getting a portal is "blocked" message due to low height ground decorations is stupid. There are too many scenarios where a portal would be perfectly clickable and visible (and had worked for years), and the new feature fubars everything.

btw, every single hideout of the week ever featured by GGG has to move one or more of their masters to get a portal to open now. GGG obviously didn't test this well.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
they could spawn the daily mission through the map device if it's already present in the hideout.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
they could spawn the daily mission through the map device if it's already present in the hideout.

then people will start asking "where the hell is my mission portal herp derp"

and making masters walk to their portal will involve path calculating, which involves passability estimations, which is the exact source of fuckup in question
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Oct 21, 2016, 5:46:02 AM
"
vio wrote:

Eh, this will cause just as many problems. IMO the best solution is to have the master's portal spawn in their location, instead of three feet to the left. This would look something like the animation when the player uses a Portal Scroll/Casts portal.
U MAD?
They got tired of the steady stream of daily bug reports from people who didn't bother to read that you can move masters even after you open the portals. Solved that problem at the expense of everybody who knows what they're doing.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I recently had a Master Mission blocked by my own minions.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
IMO the best solution is to have the master's portal spawn in their location, instead of three feet to the left. This would look something like the animation when the player uses a Portal Scroll/Casts portal.

+1
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
We should all bug report it every time it says the portal is blocked, when it's clearly not blocked, as it had been working for 1year+

A bug report for each master, each time.

4 per day from me, should be good. Just need everyone else to do it.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Vhlad wrote:
We should all bug report it every time it says the portal is blocked, when it's clearly not blocked, as it had been working for 1year+

dunno which game you played but in path of exile i play it clearly didn't work.

you didn't spend one minute answering bug reports about not accessible master portals and now even want to waste ggg support's time too when they found a temp solution.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 21, 2016, 6:57:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info