Crate knows how to patch his shit.....

"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Ceri wrote:
I really should try Grim Dawn soon.. I never got to it! Pretty good game I've gathered.

I bought it and I recommend it.

I recommend as well. It's quite excellent if you prefer solo play or enjoy modding, although you need a decent computer for the game to feel like it was made in the past few years! I didn't realize just how slow the gameplay was NOT supposed to feel in Grim Dawn until I got a new computer. Now my characters move like butter (although gameplay, but not late game level progression thankfully, is much slower when compared to PoE).

Updates from that game always get me excited. It doesn't keep me around like PoE (PoE hit the jackpot with FFX skill tree and FFVII sockets and a huge variety of gear/skills), but it's still one of the best dungeon crawlers out there.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 20, 2016, 7:22:31 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
Buffing isn't the solution. The more you buff things, the greater the imbalance. I would not want to have a system where everything gets buffed all the time. I like nerfs more, if they are done at the right points.

Not if you just buff all, then you're even ^^

No, you are not. Example: Give all support gems in PoE 100% more damage. What happens? 6link characters are all of a sudden much more powerful than 5link characters, which in turn are much more powerful than 4link characters. Double dipping produces weird shit.

1. That's not double dipping. You probably call ATMs "cash cows."

2. It IS the same thing. Combat can be boiled down to a simple mathematical calculation:

Monster has x HP; you deal y damage.

How long it takes for you to kill something with 100 life if you do 10 damage at a rate of 1 attack per second is 10 seconds if you do not stop attacking. That is the most simplistic algorithm but it is the nexus of every fight in video games. Developers then toss in movement, evasion, block, etc. so you don't simply walk to things, kill them, walk up to more things, kill those too.

Say you buff monster health by 10%. Now the fight takes 11 seconds. Say you now buff your damage by 10%. The fight goes back to 10 seconds. You can give people 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 dps and boost monster health to 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 HP and it would equate to giving players 1 damage and a monster the life pool of 1 HP.

Nerfs and buffs are there to tailor combat accordingly. Nerfs don't mean anything and buffs don't mean anything in and of themselves. It's like looking at how many people died from cholera without actually looking at how many people were infected. You are essentially grabbing the numerator without the denominator so you don't have the data required to make any kind of assumptions. If 100 people were infected and a 100 people died from cholera, you'd know that the mortality rate of that disease is 100%. But if 2 billion people were infected and only 100 died, then you'd probably no freak out over cholera so much.
Deliver pain exquisite
"[combat is] very sticky and cumbersome."

So, like Titan Quest, then. Exactly what I was afraid of. :|

Don't they see?!

Grim Dawn, see you when you're $5 on steam. TY bye.
people who cant take 'nerfs' as actual +/- balance changes shouldn't have the right to talk about balance...ever.
You should try to beat Grim Dawn with Cadence Witchblade just as a reminder of how tanks should look in ARPGs. Slow and steady. SLOW AND STEADY.

"
Teplokot wrote:
You should try to beat Grim Dawn with Cadence Witchblade just as a reminder of how tanks should look in ARPGs. Slow and steady. SLOW AND STEADY.

chaos variant or usual cookie cutter phys+curse of frailty ?

the chaos variant is quite fun...until you realize end of the game and one endgame area is high chaos resistant enemies.

problem with GD is that resistances, once you max them, are pure win. you max them, nothing touches you. and nothing touches you in that case as a sword and board tank. still havent played crucible much, but that was certainly the case before.
"
I should play it again I still haven't beaten the fucking moose king.

no one beats the fucking moose king :)
I barely beat the Normal version, when I reached max level and after completing Ultimate...

try Hidden Path and Edge Of Reality instead. a heck of a lot more fun and more fair endgame fights than this bastard. fkn ultra regen and uber minion spam.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 28, 2016, 2:07:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info