Jimmy's Doomfletch's Prism Crit Inquisator "YesIamaTemplarwithBow"

First of all I started this character in Essence League just about 2 weeks after Milkys guide came out. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1688666/page/1

I had a DFP and a Lioneye's Fall jewel droped. RNGesus told me to roll a DFP build as templar!

I just watched mathils video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2NHIQdHJd8

and an old question i was wondering when i made this toon poped up again.

WHY THE HELL GO ALL THE WAY TO Assasin and Raider, when you can get everything in shorter ways???

Tree and Gear:

i compahred with the passive trees of my build with the one of mathil, they have both up and down sides. For example i got less crit multiplier, but more crit chance and far more inc dmg. At HP i got like 10% less from passives. From watching the video it looks like the DPS/clearspeed seems to be about as much mine. so not much off a difference.

I do NOT want to say that one builds is better or worse or whatever than the other build. I only want to show an alternative build thats working fine but has completly different defense setup.

I just dont like evade/dodge. so i turned from Staves the block chance to bow and using rumis and rearguard quiver, by luck i got a Reckless defense too. That passive thats reducing receving crit dmg works well with it.

Pros:

VERY TANKY!

67/43 Block/Spell with rumis (29/15)
9150 Armour with 47% dmg reduction
17850 Armour with Rumis 63% dmg reduction
5 Endurence Charges makes 83% dmg reduction with rumis, easy to keep up because of Echarge gain on crit from turned Staves passive + Warcry

With that good DPS and good defenses many bosses can be facetanked and are dead during Rumis + Dimond Flask duration.

Cons:

Did you every try to get full Armour chest to have only 1 red socket? that costs about 3k chrom. went for one with 2 reds than and didnt get 1 wanted gem linked. Colors of items can get a pain, having pure Armour boots and chest is nessesary to get decent armour values.

Did not get all resists maxed, need 1 or 4 Echarges to get 2 or 3 resists maxed. not that much of a biggy. Echarges are easy to keep up.

Same as said in mathils Video, strong ele reflect mobs kill me occaisonaly.

It does need certain unique items, beside the obvious DFP bow, Lioneye's Fall and Rearguard are mandatory. only ohter item that can be used instead of Rearguard would be the Anvil. if you use both, it should be easy to get max block by screwing up your DPS.

Funny notes:

Spoiler

Pcharge generation from Block almost never happens (staves passive), they come from Herald with Curse on hit. This effects alot the clear speed. If i already instantkill mobs i dont get many Pcharges, but i dont need them... i instantkill. If mobs are stronger, they get more often cursed, Pcharges gain is good, DPS is raising ALOT and im instantkilling again. makes pretty nice clearspeed in hi tier maps. DPS is kinda adepting to difficulty! :D

Pcharges are not needed in boss fights. Single target skill (Burning Arrow) has Crit multiplier gem and im using Dimond Flask. Most bosses die during flask effect.

61% crit chance at LA and 83% with charges at LA.

Its pretty much fun in PVP too, im not much of a PVP-player, but it kills alot of players, many instantly with luck and dimond flask, and can be tanky enough to kill b4 you get killed.

Gear and playstyle notes:

Spoiler

First of all: After a while i got bored and stoped advancing this toon. That was about start of essence league. Rings and amulet might want to be upgraded to Steel Rings but the money...

I could get about 300-400 more HP from item mods but those rare items with special needs gets expensive or the need to craft it myself.

I was looking forward to change some gems/colors in boots and gloves to get Faster Attacks + Blink arrow + Frenzy + pcoc. or something like that to keep up charges for harder boss fights.

inc AOE + inc duration at Enduring cry and bloodrage are for easier charge gain, longer heal of time and less hassel with bloodrage recasting because of looting.

Bloodrage do i only use occaisonaly, its not my favorite skill.

Bloodrage and Golem do count as spell casted for more DPS from inquisitor passive.

Runspeed could be better.

Accuracy is a problem in that build i didnt fix yet. its at 88%. the upside on this is the reflect mechanics using own accuracy rating against you and can be blocked. gives actualy a bit more survival chance.

Dealing 0 phys dmg, leech passives sadly too far away. Using leech gem in LA. Instantleech not needed bc of good dmg reduction.

Clarity for Mana regain. 1 Herald always bc of curse on hit. with 2nd herald up its still okay. but it sometimes playes easier with just 1 herald and less use of hybrid flask for mana.

I know my build is not perfect and i could improve alot especialy gearwise. Im open to suggestions for changes. Still got full passive reset.

And thx for reading and inputs for this build. Its actualy one of my first posts here in forum.
Last bumped on Nov 3, 2016, 9:46:50 PM
You're right dude, nice explanation !
Which gems should i drop if i dont have a 6-link, ill be trying out this build in the next couple days so will psot feedback :)
For leveling i strongly suggest a tabula rasa until 60ish. the add fire dmg is the weakest gem in the 6l. I used for quite some time a 6s5l bow w/o that add fire dmg gem.

I also suggest to go for best rolled DFP. buying a best rolled DF is usualy pretty cheap and upgrading it with proph doesnt change rolls.

If you get to the staves passives turned by Lioneye's Fall early and use Rearguard from lvl 28 on its pretty defensives w/o rumis already. you could skip the leech gem until beginning of merc.

Lvling bows i actualy dont remeber, but try to use bows with 100% phys dmg because it get turned by 100% to ele and that way phys dmg and ele dmg inc the dmg.

Edit:
Actualy i just changed a little bit. that added fired dmg is replaced by slower proj witch is also the weakest at BA 6l but deals far more DPS.
Last edited by Jimmy2058 on Oct 20, 2016, 10:32:44 PM
i dont think that this would help against reflects atall.

"
Leech is processed before reflect damage.[9] Therefore the order of operations is:

Hit a target -> Leech -> Receive reflected damage
poewiki

Reflects can block reflected dmg. you kicked out the block. Also because of templar there is too much str in the build. thats why i used a jewel to turn some str to dex. But still the Iron Grip does about 50% inc dmg. the 4% dmg reduction (and others) from Soul of Steel are pretty handy.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQHnApYEswUtDFIOPBRNFHEVIBZAFm8YkRmKGjgaVRv6IXYj0ySqJd8nLyo4LdIyfjKJNug26TpSOthBckMxQ8hGaUouTP9OKk8EValX4lnzW6Bbr2EhZp5oWGhlaPJqAW8ncg9yqXTtdqx35XwOfXWCB4KbhO-FfYbOidiPYJBVkc6SbpJ9lwaXtJhvmmqce58-ogCkGadVp6WouayqrY22LLvju-28VryavJ_BM8M6xKLJZ89-0nzTftWL15bZfNrB3CPdDeFz42rlz-oY7SDtRO1h73rwH_Pd9qP3Mvjr-d360vxL_ro=

i just made that quickly w/o taking deeper look in the stats. i was thinking about something like that weeks ago, but numbers didnt look efficent. you lose alot by going that far ways.

Insta Leech also forsake the life regain. this is a tanky build. lots of dmg midgation. the Echarge on crit from staves is usualy enough to keep them up.

From my experience, most reflects mobs i died on were outside of screen. You realy cant do anything about that. And also other Archers do have this problem. In this build you deal 100% ele dmg, NEARBY (ends for sure out of the screen) enemies deal 8% less Ele dmg because of Inquisitor Passive, apearantly this and the 20% reduced crit dmg from Indomitable help to survive Reflects.

Make sure that you have a life flask with part of insta heal.

Also i quote Mathil on his video. Strong reflects are a problem for him too and he said its tricky build to get hi dps and good defenses.

I know i was thinking alot about going for those leech passives.

Pro:
no Leech gem needed --> more DPS at LA --> faster clearspeed
Con:
you loose lot DPS from passives, no Leech gem in single attack. -> lose alot DPS in Boss fights.

Boss fights are most times done with just Flasks. When flasks running out, switch to LA for leech.
Clearspeeed is good in this build.
Last edited by Jimmy2058 on Oct 23, 2016, 11:34:03 PM
How helpful is Increased physical damage for this build? Or is it not since there isn't that much Physical damage? I'm trying to figure out what to get on a jewel.
all Dmg is affected by inc phys dmg.

The bow deals phys dmg, than 3 times 110% phys dmg as extra elemental dmg. 100% of phs dmg is converted again ele dmg. Yes this build deals 0% phys dmg, but all phy dmg inc does count because of mechanics of dmg conversion.

If you have to choose between +10% inc phys dmg and +10% inc ele dmg, it doesnt matter at all. Its the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajuyIvjtj6c

3 very avoidable deaths... I need to try to facetank less :s

Anyway very powerfull ... I prefer the koam heart variant :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info