Need help dual wield

"
raics wrote:

Yeah, it was kinda strange you'd consider them at all. I suppose you'd go for tiger hooks if you need extra dodge to cap it, not for the dps, but it all depends on the type of scaling, you want to do physical, elemental or chaos, projectile or aoe skills?

Im thinking about pure physical damage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAAGAF4DhwSxBS0FtQYgCC4KmwxzDY0RLxHVEvEUdRX2Fr8ZjhutIWAj0yP2JP0mlS1NL3IwcTB8MbA17zY9OkI67Ty-QzFEnkd-SQ9KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdTu1VLVvpXl1h1W69fcGBBYeJieWKsY3BlTWuQbIxvJ3SgdO11_XfXeOt673sUfXWBQYNthG-E2Yd2jDaNfY2_j2CVZppqm42dqqOKpn-ooqr4sbO0xbVIvTa-p7_VwYvB2MLsy_XTftQj1ELUUtct2GDY1drB3L3dqOOf5wrnD-dU62PtQe2D73r8xf66_94=

Thats what im thinking for now.
You can deal some serious damage if you dual wield dreamfather. Your build looks pretty solid imho.
"
kahzin wrote:
You can deal some serious damage if you dual wield dreamfather. Your build looks pretty solid imho.

Glad to hear that, its the first build from 0, was afraid it would be weak but ill give it a shot, ty!
U guys sure Dreamfeather would be good? even if i had 30k evasion, its ~66% increased attack damage... most swords will do more damage than a +66% attack damage dreamfeather...
Im confused on how this sword could be good.
"
laiozatt wrote:
U guys sure Dreamfeather would be good? even if i had 30k evasion, its ~66% increased attack damage... most swords will do more damage than a +66% attack damage dreamfeather...
Im confused on how this sword could be good.

Its base damage is low so it kinda sucks for physical scaling, the weapon shines when your base damage comes from elsewhere so it's best used in elemental builds or with added chaos which opens the poison route.

If you want a build with straight physical scaling a 300+ dps rare weapon is your best bet.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 21, 2016, 11:27:24 AM
If you're dual-wielding Dreamfeathers, you also don't really need to worry about, specifically, 'dual-wielding' gems. You're effectively using one singular weapon - Dreamfeather - that happens to utilize both of your hand slots. If your damage is good with Dreamfeather, there's not 'lost' DPS for utilizing a crappy weapon in the off hand.

Or, to put it short - dual-wielding identical weapons that work means you can use whatever melee and/or other applicable skillgem you want. Mathil has a quite infamous by now Spectral Throw character with dual Dreamfeathers that would very much be on my list if it didn't cost a million exalts to build and wasn't a damn dirty Pathfinder. Especially these days.
"
1453R wrote:
If you're dual-wielding Dreamfeathers, you also don't really need to worry about, specifically, 'dual-wielding' gems. You're effectively using one singular weapon - Dreamfeather - that happens to utilize both of your hand slots. If your damage is good with Dreamfeather, there's not 'lost' DPS for utilizing a crappy weapon in the off hand.

Or, to put it short - dual-wielding identical weapons that work means you can use whatever melee and/or other applicable skillgem you want. Mathil has a quite infamous by now Spectral Throw character with dual Dreamfeathers that would very much be on my list if it didn't cost a million exalts to build and wasn't a damn dirty Pathfinder. Especially these days.

yeah but if im to use a gem that only uses 1 weapon to attack, a two-handed weapon would do much more damage... the bonus i get dual wielding wont make up for loss damage from using a two-handed weapon...

Edit: Adding to that, what would give me more damage, dual wield 2 350 physical damage weapons and use dual strike, or dual wield for a singularity off-hand and use a gem that only attacks with main-hand?
Last edited by laiozatt on Oct 21, 2016, 2:08:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info