Sustaining Power Charges

Hi all, was wondering if anyone has suggestions on convenient ways of sustaining power charges aside from using PCoC gem?

A few characters I have been playing around the idea of
- FP inquisitor - have this guy, tried using OoS + PCOC separately but can sometimes be a little clunky?

Assasin (reave/VS dagger)
- is the 10% chance to get power charge on a non-crit sufficient? seems to be counter-intuitive as its chance to proc would go down the higher you stack your crit chance (and I tend to go for maxing out as much crit chance as possible)
- Is Blasphemy/Assasin's mark worth the 35% reservation? Considering 50% already needed for Hatred and this means no Enfeeble, and also how does one then sustain charges against bosses?

Around what crit chance % numbers do most people aim for?
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2016, 8:49:51 AM
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Power_charge#Source_of_Power_Charges

The answer for a vast majority of builds?

Use PCoC somewhere.

Power charges seem to be intentionally very difficult to reliably generate. Of the unique-item options, only Death's Hand, Voll's Protector, and Skyforth have workable generation methods. VP and Skyforth both generate PCs on crit, but VP is absolute garbage outside its PC generation and Skyforths will cost you at least one, possible more, leg. Death's Hand is surprisingly good at maintaining power charges, but a lot of people consider it garbage vendor trash. I'm not sure why - there's a few builds out there that make very good use of it, and not just southpaw Reave builds. Nevertheless, it is a tool for a relatively small subset of builds.

Mostly? You're either stuck with PCoC or with trying to balance out Infusion on the Assassin.
Like the first reply mentioned, try a Voll's Protector. It's not pretty, but it worked for all my old projectile CoC builds.
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
Last edited by Peace_Frog on Oct 20, 2016, 11:40:43 AM
Thanks for the responses so far! I pretty much expected as such.

Its kind of hard to decide if I should sacrifice a rare chest slot/carcass jack (with life/Ev/resists/AoE) for a voll's protector to gain a Gem slot.
- my main links are Reave/MPD/Multistrike/Faster attacks, not sure if PCoC is ok? Or I am missing out on a lot of damage via Added Fire/Inc Crit Damage/Added Chaos damage (Bino's crit reave assasin)?

Also for spell casters is there any alternative to OoS/PCoC or PCoC on main link? Is linking Inc crit strikes to OoS/PCoC necessary to make it more reliable?
For spellcasters you can use Ball lighting+PCoC+Inc Crits. That's it. I'm stil under impression hows fast it does job done. My ranger with actually quite good generating setup could only blush.

Ranger's setup with Frenzy+Pcoc+inc c strikes+F. attacks were pretty nice too.
Just don't rellty on antrghing which grants charge on death (nvm odds) = these will render you unbuffed while you'll be most in need. (boss fights)

Also all these 10% to get charge on hit/crit/smile/whatever are not reliable at all. Doesnt matter if you has 10att/sec.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Oct 21, 2016, 8:00:15 AM
assasins mark curse has chance to generate on kill.

plenty of other curses can do more damage on the spot,
but for a crit build... the slowly building crit chance
bonus can take off. (hard to maintain vs boss, need lots
of adds)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info