Trading is love, trading is life.

I logged to PoE to waste my currency on some stupid RNG stuff like random div cards and so on. I had like 5ex in chaos so I started to trade... This is getting better and better, lifetime experience !

5% - "Sorry not for sale"
35% - NOTHING no reply, simply *Crickets*
25% - "Player is AFK"
15% - "player not logged in"
10% - "Lab/Map"
5% - "Ok" Invite send
5% - People haggle with u

Visual representation:
http://screenshot.sh/oe20VDViiZC0w
http://screenshot.sh/m7VqZKSvoysZK

Get this God damn Auction House in game, im tired of this thing its taking all fun from a game personaly I DONT GIVE A DAMN about player interaction, what I care is NOT WASTING my precious time.

What is it, 2nd month of seasons is closing in and everyone dont care to sell or even reply anymore, even those that say "Map/Lab" like 10% only get back to u ! This is not player friendly, this is not fun and from above all its frustrating.

IDK, make some random test league or something with auction house or other "better" trading system cuz its been sooooooooooooooo long with this... this... this abomination (no other way to call it).

In my personal opinion that if u dont test something and u think its bad than ur point is invalid. Lets test all possible variations (in this topic trading possibilities) then lets choose best one. Even if it means to get back to roots (current setting).

Had to be said, flame me if u want but I bet there are people that are tired and disgusted of this as I am.

Anyway, see u all in next season, I burned out in this one.
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2016, 12:01:02 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Looks like a great experience to me, I don't know what you're complaining about.

brb after lab
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Trading RNG. Working as intended ;)
I have issues with trading as well, when I look at something I am after I'll scroll down past the first 5-6 because pretty much it'll be not online punks dropping prices.

My favorite reply is not on that league right now not trading. Oh yea? maybe not list it then! I accidentally had a standard tab public but I at least switched and traded. /salt
"
Dorithe wrote:
I have issues with trading as well, when I look at something I am after I'll scroll down past the first 5-6 because pretty much it'll be not online punks dropping prices.

My favorite reply is not on that league right now not trading. Oh yea? maybe not list it then! I accidentally had a standard tab public but I at least switched and traded. /salt

To be fair, with the way premium tabs work it's very easy to have leftover active tabs you're unaware of. It happens every now and then and I switch over and give the stuff for free as I don't play perm leagues but I can understand someone not wanting to go through the entire process and I can't really blame them.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I wanted to buy a belt some guy listed for 5 ex yesterday (140 life leather belt with 41% Lightning Res and 20% Reduced Flask Charge Usage). PM'd him around 5 PM, got an AFK message, added as friend to track when he got active again, proceeded to watch him AFK in Sarn for the next 7+ hours (i.e. I went to sleep).

In the meantime I bought this beautiful belt off an actual active player.

Edit: Checked poe.trade just now and the other guy is apparently still logged in, presumably still AFK (can't check since I'm at work).

Edit 2: I'm really really hoping that today when I get back home I can buy essences (need like hundreds of Essences of Horror and Deafening Essences of Hatred) with people who are actually going to respond to my trade PMs.
Last edited by Megatyrant on Oct 20, 2016, 9:25:16 AM
WTT that one site you-know-which-one for a proper trading system.
PoE has a beautiful, rich, detailed world - you can really feel the skill which went into crafting it.
The game mechanics on the other hand leave much room for improvement.
"
Dorithe wrote:

Not gonna always switch off my trade offers on Standard if I go to EHC for an hour or two. It's just too much work, honestly. Also I have no idea how I even can temporarily switch off my currency offers on poe.trade without having to delete (and re-install later) them all.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Yea, trading has it's issues. We know that.

But - imo - a big problem here is this league concept at all.

GGG push new leagues all 3 months, mostly with some kind of new content, so a big bunch of players pushing like insane the first 2 weeks, maximum the first 4 weeks and drop the participation. Why trading after that? Why collect currency anymore? It would be much more healthy for leagues if they would stay longer. Players can push from start like now, but others can join the league later on, or pause and come back or just playing small sessions over a longer lasting league.

That was a reason the D2 leagues where imo much healthier than here regarding trading.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

There is one point that people need to understand with regards to PoE Trade: "It is not because an item is listed there, that it is actually for sale."

Regarding the auction house:

1) There needs to be a balance in effort spent to obtain items through trading OR that are dropped by slaying monsters. This point has been stated multiple times by members of the community and even GGG.

2) The value of most items will crash to alteration orb levels. Be careful what you wish for.

3) An auction house just doesnt really fit into the theme that the game wants to portray.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info