Immunities once more.

He complained that game forces him to work around various damage types, while not providing the tools to.

Since early development till nowadays, PoE was, and is, strictly around min-maxing, by design. It's balanced around it.
And now there are immunities, which do nothing but to limit the build diversity. As a non-min maxed build can't do this lategame content, if it differs from a set of builds/damage types.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 20, 2016, 7:53:04 AM
"
torturo wrote:
He complained that game forces him to work around various damage types, while not providing the tools to.

good point.

i ever complained about ggg making the second weapon slot unusable. but they explained changes there would touch basic mechanics like storing the assigned key shortcut in the respective skill gem.

which kind of prevents them from having multiple skill gems assign to the same slot

edit: nitpick: can you pls quote some of my text when responding so i get notified of your answer? thx!
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 20, 2016, 7:41:49 AM
"
vio wrote:

I already expanded my previous post, the case is really like that - game's about min-maxing by design and actively encourages it. Nothing's gonna change in this aspect.
For ex. if we take GD as an antagonist - it actively promotes damage type diversity in a single build. Once again, by design.

Now, both concepts are good, the problem is you can't fight the developer's mentality. As a player you can only obey it, or brute force it if you find a way. Anything else results in loss of time and efforts, it's swimming against the flow and you gonna drawn.

Or just be mediocre. But who does really wants it?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 20, 2016, 7:54:20 AM
Did a corrupted rare and few rare forge of the phoenix maps with 100% chaos dmg character. Boss resists chaos, so he is not immune. With my 70k dps DoT I spent 3-5 mins running around the last boss room, while it died so slowly.

Boss encounter is easy, just dodge and kill, use ruby flask sometimes and thats it. Killing that boss feels as a waste of time and playing really easy bullet hell game instead of something that requires any part of brain to be alive.

I got good drops so i can't be much dissastisfied, but still, killing bosses which resist certain parts of a build feels like a total waste of time.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
torturo wrote:
game's about min-maxing by design and actively encourages it. Nothing's gonna change in this aspect.

what if developers next meta shift isn't from one damage type to another but from one damage type to multiple damage types?

immunities at end bosses already point in that direction.
"
Necromael wrote:
Did a corrupted rare and few rare forge of the phoenix maps with 100% chaos dmg character. Boss resists chaos, so he is not immune.

Yes he's not immune to chaos, but to burn.

"
vio wrote:
what if developers next meta shift isn't from one damage type to another but from one damage type to multiple damage types?

immunities at end bosses already point in that direction.

In theory could be, but the game owner stated he's fine with a couple of endgame viable builds...and he's who define the direction of the game.

I'm on the train with those who consider immunities as a band aid to balance issues, a.k.a. artificial difficulty.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 20, 2016, 9:24:28 AM
"
torturo wrote:

In theory could be, but the game owner stated he's fine with a couple of endgame viable builds...and he's who define the direction of the game.

that's not the impression i got from the last interviews of jonathan and chris.
I think it's good. Saves time and resources they can put into more, shiny MTX.

#makeshaperimmunetobladevortex
"
Miazga wrote:
seems like an another L2P issue.

pro tip to the OP:

when you plan a build, make sure you take into consideration what sort of gaming you will do with it.
For example:
- super fast map clearer, may be shit against uber boses
- Uber lab farmer, may be shit when it comes to mapping
- Uber boss killer, designed to kill bosses, duh

Dont complain about immunities if you can not plan ahead or adopt to every changing game mechanics.

Okay I'm really tired of you WHAT LEARN2PLAY? I farm shaper 24/7 400+ kills and you're telling me to learn to fucking play? I can do EVERYTHING in this game every single thing and you're telling me to learn to play man you learn to play.

I just wanna KILL a boss WITH a toon that I just made with you know

AND you got people here agreeing with me like wtf are u going to do there? Tell them to learn2play? Yeah okay.

HURRRRR DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IMMUNTIES EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE dude really? Fucking really? yo hold me back boys. Literally the best gear in the game and I can't kill two bosses because 99% of my damage is poison.

I JUST WANNA KILL 2 FUCKING BOSSES WITH a TOON I just made WHY is that an issue?

Seriously he just told me to LEARN2FUCKINGPLAY VS immune bsses holy fucking shit dude.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 20, 2016, 12:37:21 PM
they should do it like Grim Dawn does, simple and so good. High bosses have high resistance to certain damage types, not bs immunities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info