Immunities once more.

Sup god tier poison char yada yada broken as fuck with 5k hp cuz that's how I roll OH... Hi Hydra 95% of my damage pure poison huh well now I can't fuck with you huh alright...

Sup build of the week bro here with full ignites ready-- Oh hi Phoniex um...nvm how about Atziri? JK NOPE

SO
FUCKING
STUPID

I'm still baffled of why you guys think immunity is a good idea like seriously I just wanna literally go to your place right now and yell at you but that's another story.

Oh lets not forget the brand new taunt immunity on shaper yep good shit.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Oct 27, 2016, 8:42:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I dont really mind immunity's for atziri its optional content but immunity's for the atlas which the game tells you to complete. Once again wtf were u thinking ggg.
When you got no clue how to balance and shit's gone wild, you add forced difficulty.

It's also to piss the pterosaurs off.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
Fhark wrote:
I dont really mind immunity's for atziri its optional content but immunity's for the atlas which the game tells you to complete. Once again wtf were u thinking ggg.

Her burn immunity was a band-aid for meta builds which were spamming burn (aka LameBlast). It is long out-dated, and honestly it should have been changed to poison immunity 2 patches ago, if it were to serve its band-aid purpose...
These immunities serve no other purpose than to force people into building certain characters to take out certain bosses, or to quickly band-aid a mechanic GGG doesn't know what to do with.

I don't personally agree to that design philosophy, but it somewhat makes sense... Only somewhat. Because it is similar to what happened in WoW - a power creep in next expansions, in order to force people into buying new, more powerful content. Seemed like Blizz assumed that people wouldn't buy Expansion packs if there wasn't any other more powerful stuff in it... which is kinda silly.
People would buy it anyways. New stuff is fun - it doesn't have to be more powerful.
And now back to PoE - do people really build characters having boss fights in mind? Would people stop making alts if they were able to do all the content with one character? Of course not. And I doubt many people are making alt character ONLY to kill certain bosses (other than Shaper, which is, too, gated behind silly certain-builds-can-do-it gate).
Ladder racing aside, which is all about efficiency, I think assuming that people will not make alts if they aren't forced to is just silly. If anything, people will get discourage, because they know that there are certain immunities you have to think about, making the character build creation somewhat limited, and therefore not so fun anymore. I sure scrapped some fun builds, because of these immunities, and because of how some mechanics work.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 20, 2016, 5:18:21 AM
I WISH I COULD KILL CHIMERA OR HYDRA WITH MY NEW CHAR.

^_^^^^^^
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Immunities like this are really hurting game balance anad build diversity imho ....
Resistance to something would be another different.

But maybe GGG expects us to have more than one way to deal with stuff ... that does not go very very well with how damage scales and shit in the game tho.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
When it comes to trade people are like "It's not supposed to be a solo game, go look for a party." But when it comes to immunities suddenly everyone is playing solo?
"
SuperMotte wrote:
When it comes to trade people are like "It's not supposed to be a solo game, go look for a party." But when it comes to immunities suddenly everyone is playing solo?

Trading does not mean in any way playing with others ( and by playing, I mean killing monsters and stuff ).

The balance is already poorly optimized for party play enough, no need to shove it down people's throat ( the engine is not the best optimization-wise that I've seen also, so multiplying graphical effects .... ).

Chris has said that economy was the most important thing to him, not that parties were.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 20, 2016, 5:51:02 AM
As a former Oro's Flicker Striker I agree.

Is not that much about Atziri or Argus (though is silly), but the damn map mods of reduced/immune status ailments...

Transform it in reduced -20 to -90% effectiveness of status ailments, you can ignite for X to 1 burn, shock for +40 to +5% more damage or freeze for 240ms to 30ms.

So you can still get frenzy charges on an oro's, trigger Herald of Thunder to apply curses, or get chain reactions of Herald of Ice.
Last edited by Visca on Oct 20, 2016, 5:58:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIFOb8oRP3o
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info