Barrage w/ Volley Fire or Split Arrow + XXXX??

Hey guys,

Looking to do a pretty standard phys crit bow build with deadeye. I got a 6L cospri's I am going to use so keeping the damage relevant to poison is important to me. My question is between the two options, Barrage w/ Volley Fire jewels (probably 2, maybe 3) or Split arrow + any other option for single target is best? My cospri's is 6L and the alternative attack, if any, would be on a 5L.

Thanks for your help guys!
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2016, 3:21:37 PM
Barrage Volley is single and AOE capable. Split Arrow would require another setup entirely for single target, or swapping out to a different gem. Personally, I'd say Volley is the best arrow build out there.
Here the build you want
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1703218
I would have thought the choice was between TS and barrage. Split arrow isn't as good as either of those.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I would have thought the choice was between TS and barrage. Split arrow isn't as good as either of those.

Wooow, that is a strong statement! Usually I use these items on my crit split-arrow char:

And I clear maps faster than with my legacy reach char. The only donwside (besides the low life pool) is that you have to swap gems for great single target but for aoe clearing there is no better bow skill in this game currently. Plus you can't really compare barrage to split arrow because barrage is a great single target skill but even with added projectile gems it sucks ass at clearing maps.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Wooow, that is a strong statement! Usually I use these items on my crit split-arrow char:
Spoiler

And I clear maps faster than with my legacy reach char. The only donwside (besides the low life pool) is that you have to swap gems for great single target but for aoe clearing there is no better bow skill in this game currently. Plus you can't really compare barrage to split arrow because barrage is a great single target skill but even with added projectile gems it sucks ass at clearing maps.

Run three Volley Fire jewels. Enjoy adding Split Arrow to your Barrage attacks for the price of zero gem slots.

That's why people run Volley Barrage. It takes a powerful single-target skill in Barrage and embiggens it out to act like an AoE skill without impacting its single-target capabilities.

There's not really any reason to run an endgame Split Arrow build over Volley Fire other than giggles/because you like one of the SPlit Arrow MTX. Both of which are certainly valid, but let's face it - you put just about any physical bow skill in that set-up of yours and it'll work. Enough gearing makes just about any skill at least somewhat viable.

Doesn't mean that Split Arrow outperforms Volley Barrage. Your same set-up with Volley Barrage over Split Arrow would free up a 5L for a hefty support skill(s) whilst yielding both excellent map clear and amazeballs single-target with all those extra Barrage arrows.

Also...why are you using elemental support gems on a phys crit Poisoning archer? Seriously, I'd gut a live rhino for that Lioneye's Vision and your +1 Drillneck, but it's just weird to see AFD and WED on a phys Poison set-up...
"
1453R wrote:

Run three Volley Fire jewels. Enjoy adding Split Arrow to your Barrage attacks for the price of zero gem slots.

That's why people run Volley Barrage. It takes a powerful single-target skill in Barrage and embiggens it out to act like an AoE skill without impacting its single-target capabilities.

Sorry but pathfinder is already as glasscannon as can be, taking away another three 7% life jewels is a horrible idea!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

Sorry but pathfinder is already as glasscannon as can be, taking away another three 7% life jewels is a horrible idea!

200% life and Acrobatics isn't glasscannon. It isn't hard to get that, and without considering life jewels.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

Pathfinder is far and away the most defensively capable of the various Ranger Ascendancies, man. You can get more than double the effect of your emergency life flasks, huge buffs to defensive options like Rumi's Concoction, a Basalt flask, or Taste of Hate. You can also get Staunching or elemental dispel on every flask use - or both, if you forego poison-during-flask-effect.

Pathfinder Barrage is as viable as Pathfinder everything-else, because Pathfinder is arguably the most powerful Ascendancy class in the game if you have the bux to spend on some really busted-ass flasks to break wide open with it.
"
666lol666 wrote:
for aoe clearing there is no better bow skill in this game currently.

It is better than LA? Interesting viewpoint! :)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info