When should I level up Tempest Shield?

I am realizing now that increasing the levels of Tempest Shield does not increase the block chance, but only the (apparently insignificant) damage. Is the damage aspect useful for anything? Am I supposed to pair this up with curse on hit or something? Not sure actually if it makes sense, as my weapon damage has now drastically outgrown that of the TS. Am I missing something obvious?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2016, 5:21:43 AM
Not really. Most people use it in cast when damage taken setups and level it to maximum level allowed by the CWDT gem.

It's best used passively as the active bonus is meh at best...
"
onomastikon wrote:
I am realizing now that increasing the levels of Tempest Shield does not increase the block chance, but only the (apparently insignificant) damage. Is the damage aspect useful for anything? Am I supposed to pair this up with curse on hit or something? Not sure actually if it makes sense, as my weapon damage has now drastically outgrown that of the TS. Am I missing something obvious?

Yes, there is actually.

You can facetank much content and let enemies kill themselves. I don't know about all content, however.
some people slap life and even mana leech on it because why not if you have spare sockets
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Thanks much!

"
silumit wrote:
some people slap life and even mana leech on it because why not if you have spare sockets

That makes sense I guess (not that I ever have extra sockets...). But doesn't that leech work off damage done? So that the small damage of TS causes you to leech relatively little at level 70+?

"
Natharias wrote:
"
onomastikon wrote:

Yes, there is actually.

You can facetank much content and let enemies kill themselves. I don't know about all content, however.

Thanks. In that build, does the TS actually kill anything? Seems like Incinerate is the killer?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
It's a Spell Damage build, with massive Block, and it has Added Lightning linked. It deals some pretty decent damage, notable enough in any case, and most importantly it Leeches :)
It won't be the main killer, but neither will Molten Shell be. They're support Skills.
TS should be auto-cast on block or always-on for a % mana reservation.
"
mirage2k640 wrote:
TS should be auto-cast on block or always-on for a % mana reservation.

It used to be a Reserve and it was used even less often. That was 25% in a different time though.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 19, 2016, 10:51:37 AM
Reduxing Tempest Shield as a reserve skill again, but with better stats, would be pretty killer.

25% reservation for 10% extra block chance and an increasing number of bounces at higher levels would be something I'd look into. The current refresh-on-block is good, but it means the skill can't actually do much for you without being overpowered. I'd rather it have a greater opportunity cost in exchange for much higher impact on the build, similar to Arctic Armor.

Because let's get real here - Tempest shield is cool. It's currently kinda suck, but the idea of it and the visuals on it are just badass. Making it something you can really leverage in a build would be quite awesome.
"
1453R wrote:
Reduxing Tempest Shield as a reserve skill again, but with better stats, would be pretty killer.

25% reservation for 10% extra block chance and an increasing number of bounces at higher levels would be something I'd look into. The current refresh-on-block is good, but it means the skill can't actually do much for you without being overpowered. I'd rather it have a greater opportunity cost in exchange for much higher impact on the build, similar to Arctic Armor.

Because let's get real here - Tempest shield is cool. It's currently kinda suck, but the idea of it and the visuals on it are just badass. Making it something you can really leverage in a build would be quite awesome.

Tempest Shield should not be a reservation. Same with Blood Rage, Phase Run, and Arctic Armor. Yet AA is. AA should be made back to the mana drain it was.

Tempest Shield should remain the "you have to cast it, but so long as you block during its duration it refreshes", otherwise builds could literally AFK any time, any where, and never die. As it stands, you cannot do it for a long period of time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info