PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Yo china has pay2live.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
I mean... if this is what it takes for GGG to be able to capitalize on the Chinese market, then I see no problem with it, so long as it never comes onto the international side. Just like the AH in the Chinese release, I don't think we really need to worry about this becoming a thing on our servers.

WoW, WOW, and triple WOW! This is just the start of a very slippery slope for GGG to allow PoE to go down. This pay to avoid xp death penalty is actively encouraging GGG to ramp up the one-shot mechanics even more than ever as it's a way to generate revenue. Just thinking that GGG would allow this (even if it is only for Chinese PoE) is so bad on many levels and violates their policies on not allowing PoE to be a pay-to-win game is giving me an upset stomach. There are many other free-to-play games that I would play if they were not pay2win (War Thunder and Mech Warriors come to mind). This is a slap in the face to all of the PoE loyalists who aren't rich.

Way to cave to China business. Instead of taking PoE down the path of destruction by poisoning endgame playing with all nerfs aimed at preventing a level 100 build you should be actively rewarding the players who can cleverly create powerful builds and do take the time to grind to 100. Instead, you allow China PoE to charge for saving 10% xp lost for dieing. I can see the next move already, a cost in HC leagues to resurrect your exile and prevent its move to SC? Then there will be a payment in races to continue the race. The future implications of this are frightening and this should be halted immediately.

As it stands, this has literally ZERO effect on our game. The Chinese realm will be totally separate from ours. The P2W stuff is all being added by Tencent, who is running the game in China. I seriously doubt that any of these things will ever be seen in PoE outside of China.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:

As it stands, this has literally ZERO effect on our game. The Chinese realm will be totally separate from ours. The P2W stuff is all being added by Tencent, who is running the game in China. I seriously doubt that any of these things will ever be seen in PoE outside of China.

Don't let reasonable facts like that stand in the way of a good salty cry.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:23:44 PM
"
morbo wrote:
So, this works on HC too, or?

Kinda disgusting, but oh well, lets milk the chinese cow, as long as the toxic substances don't leak into the international servers.

Well if they are smart, and GGG is, they will never leak this sewer into the international servers. Otherwise the original fanbase will be long gone.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Necromael wrote:
Also, tencent has the "big" word

I haven't seen such huge understatement lately .
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Oct 19, 2016, 1:39:28 PM
"
Necromael wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:
Don't see whats the problem, in Chinese game market this isn't even close to pay2win. Also, tencent has the "big" word there and a good cut of money income.

It is clearly p2w, without a shadow of a doubt. Nevertheless, if it's a decision of the Chinese provider and it stays in China without a chance of polluting the servers we play on, I guess I can live with it.

That was the point of my statement, yes. I am almost 99% sure it won't come here, played a lot of true to source korean and chinese mmos (hardcore p2w ones), they keep to themselves, China is totally different realm from all other servers and is under Tencent supervision.

In other words GGG will send content to Tencent, Tencent will refine it afterwards in their image while keeping 80% or so true to the original that is not China located, usually businesses with China go that way.

If you are interested, you can read on net about D3 version in China too, it is totally cut off from EU and NA versions and has its own f2p model. Just to get an idea what it means for PoE too.

I seriously have no fear as GGG is lead developer in this situation, it would be totally opposite if PoE was developed in China and GGG had to use their core content but that is not the case.

Finally an educated response!

Yup D3 has the same exact model over there. They had tons of P2W features including buying blood shards for Kadala, boosts for more loot, etc. Everyone lost their shit over there too but it stayed in Asia. Blizzard never introduced anything if that nature to the rest of the world.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:24:21 PM
All of theses angry nerds caring about video game markets in another country.

You guys are aware that the vast majority of popular online games and MMOS have their own version in Asia, marketed and changed just for them? GGG "comprising their brand" to allow it into the Asian markets? The game doesn't even exist in Asia, I don't see how they are compromising anything. This isn't some sort of social justice issue were they the champions of "perfect F2P model". Which inherently is whales supporting the game, with another portion spending mone on it once in awhile. Then tons of people who spend 0 money on the game bitching about how it's unfair.

Just like how the china PoE will prob have some better looking MTX and actual in-games tutorials and an AH.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 19, 2016, 3:43:43 PM
I hate pay to live

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 19, 2016, 3:43:28 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Loot crates that are popular in other P2W games made their way to PoE ages ago.

As it stands, GGG have been spending dev time and resources on the Chinese client (with P2W), while I'm still waiting for MTX sortable stash and those trade improvements. Waiting for years.

We've had 3 xpac/leagues in a row, now, with poor launch problems/bugs/performance issues. 2 leagues in a row with mid-league nerfs. Never ending balance problems with new problems every league.

I see the effect pretty clearly.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info