Yo china has pay2live.

"
Necromael wrote:

No they are not, as explained in like 10 posts in here. Chinese market is not the same thing as EU or NA, or Oceania and SA. The only thing they sold is publishing license according to the contract which is secret and has nothing to do with us outside of China. Is it so hard to understand?

I seem to remember the Russian Garnea server was separate from the International one. Until it wasn't.

So of course, it begs the question, if the Tencent deal ends (like the Russian Garnea one did), will Chinese players remain separate? Probably, but it's still a concern when there are different versions of the game with different P2W systems.

The OTHER concern, of course, is GGG is willing to bend their "never P2W" because of the market. This was already brought up when respecs were sold on Garnea PoE.

I'm already a bit salty that the international version of PoE still needs a LOT of work - still waiting on those trade improvements, sortable MTX stash, etc., etc. I've been waiting on them for YEARS. And yet, GGG is spending time, resources (and, presumably, my supporter money) to develop the game - a PAY-2-WIN version of the game - for another market, while I continue to wait.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Obviously doesn't work on hardcore. Besides, neither affects it our realm nor any of you guys playing here. Couldn't care less about that feature, if they earn money with these - why not? Diablo 3 also has one of these "free to play" / "pay for convenience" models on the eastern market and according to numbers you can acquire through google research, it does well. So if it works out for GGG - good for them.
Might be a bit hyperbole but basically if you don't agree with Tencent you can forget releasing your game in China. They're that powerful. The other big player NetEase publishes Diablo 3 so I can imagine there would be a conflict of interest.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
vio wrote:
i somewhere read (on reddit?) that items gained in areas other than maps are account bound. can't find it anywhere though.

it was also that applying account bound orbs on "free items" makes these items account bound.

sombody got more info?

If I remember correctly, this is for the (closed) beta to combat bots. I'm guessing locked and unlocked currency don't stack together. Not sure if that will be in the open beta. --Found the info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4keaid/new_antibot_mechanics_will_be_deployed_in_close/

Also, the Tencent Chinese version of PoE will be censored
https://imgur.com/a/L9uVP
Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/52jhg1/poe_china_server_graphic_localization_censored/

I wonder how much $ GGG is getting from Tencent. Maybe they will increase the xp penalty (in China) to 20% to encourage pay-to-not-lose-xp.

"
vikroda wrote:
"
vio wrote:
i somewhere read (on reddit?) that items gained in areas other than maps are account bound. can't find it anywhere though.

it was also that applying account bound orbs on "free items" makes these items account bound.

sombody got more info?

If I remember correctly, this is for the (closed) beta to combat bots. I'm guessing locked and unlocked currency don't stack together. Not sure if that will be in the open beta. --Found the info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4keaid/new_antibot_mechanics_will_be_deployed_in_close/

Also, the Tencent Chinese version of PoE will be censored
https://imgur.com/a/L9uVP
Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/52jhg1/poe_china_server_graphic_localization_censored/

I wonder how much $ GGG is getting from Tencent. Maybe they will increase the xp penalty (in China) to 20% to encourage pay-to-not-lose-xp.

Pay 2 live, monster damage buffed every patch, player defenses nerfed every patch. So basically GGG POE without the first.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 19, 2016, 11:36:46 AM
i'm not really surprised.

when reddit shitstormed about garena selling full respecs for points, chris mentioned that he doesn't see a problem with them doing it.
paying to get no experience loss on death is on the same level and most likely a concession to tencent's profit expectations.

if ggg follows their own ethics to not have pay2win in the main realm and this licensing helps making that sure it's fine by me.

but it's out of reality that a big ass distributor like tencent is convinced into the same business model consisting of some big whales, 10% supporting 50$ for 3 years playtime and the huge bulk supporting none and many players bitching about how ggg "is greedy because there is no subscription fee", "doesn't earn to be supported", they "need to be boycotted until they implement X" and so forth...

"
vikroda wrote:

If I remember correctly, this is for the (closed) beta to combat bots. I'm guessing locked and unlocked currency don't stack together. Not sure if that will be in the open beta. --Found the info

thanks alot for the link.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 19, 2016, 11:43:43 AM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
I mean... if this is what it takes for GGG to be able to capitalize on the Chinese market, then I see no problem with it, so long as it never comes onto the international side. Just like the AH in the Chinese release, I don't think we really need to worry about this becoming a thing on our servers.

WoW, WOW, and triple WOW! This is just the start of a very slippery slope for GGG to allow PoE to go down. This pay to avoid xp death penalty is actively encouraging GGG to ramp up the one-shot mechanics even more than ever as it's a way to generate revenue. Just thinking that GGG would allow this (even if it is only for Chinese PoE) is so bad on many levels and violates their policies on not allowing PoE to be a pay-to-win game is giving me an upset stomach. There are many other free-to-play games that I would play if they were not pay2win (War Thunder and Mech Warriors come to mind). This is a slap in the face to all of the PoE loyalists who aren't rich.

Way to cave to China business. Instead of taking PoE down the path of destruction by poisoning endgame playing with all nerfs aimed at preventing a level 100 build you should be actively rewarding the players who can cleverly create powerful builds and do take the time to grind to 100. Instead, you allow China PoE to charge for saving 10% xp lost for dieing. I can see the next move already, a cost in HC leagues to resurrect your exile and prevent its move to SC? Then there will be a payment in races to continue the race. The future implications of this are frightening and this should be halted immediately.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Could anyone from GGG please comment on this?
"
vio wrote:

but it's out of reality that a big ass distributor like tencent is convinced into the same business model consisting of some big whales, 10% supporting 50$ for 3 years playtime and the huge bulk supporting none and many players bitching about how ggg "is greedy because there is no subscription fee", "doesn't earn to be supported", they "need to be boycotted until they implement X" and so forth...

Yeah, some people are so out of touch with reality I can't even call it a feeling of entitlement.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
ok.. what the fuck?

what happened to the strict policy of cosmetic-only microtransactions??

either offer the paid resurrects everywhere or nowhere.
Last edited by Darkfyre on Oct 19, 2016, 12:09:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info