Burning Duration and Poison Duration

This is probably also off-topic, but I am personally quite hipster in POE.

inkube has a good point in that combining Ignite and Poison in this way will not work well. But it could still work, depending on your definition of work. Almost any logical build can clear mid-maps. Your build, I would say, fits in the logical category. It will never reach maximum DPS potential, and IMO, that's okay.

Increased burning duration, in particular, is sub-optimal because you can't stack Ignites without Emberwake.

If I were building a half-poison half-burning Burning Arrow character, I would use the following links, to make sure each support slot benefits as much as it can:

6L: Burning Arrow - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Pierce - Slower Projectiles - Poison - Physical Projectile Attack Damage

and probably carry around a Culling Strike gem to sub instead of GMP for bosses, or:

4L: Caustic Arrow - Pierce - Poison - Void Manipulation

Should work OK with a strong base bow.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
OP: Wouldn't you be better off using Jewels that gave 12-16% ignite duration?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Regarding the initial question, if it will say poisoned for ignite duration. No.

The poison is only 2 seconds and stacks and ignite is 4 seconds and does not stack. So no it will not stay poisoned if you don't keep attacking it during the burn duration. Sure you could burn it with burning arrow and then poison it with another attack.

So I don't understand how prolonging the ignite would help, and I don't see the need for it to "stay poisoned".

If you must go with Poison and Ignite sure it is possible. But there is no need to prolong the ignite since it already is longer that the poison duration. It would be better to increase the burn speed if anything (but that is not possible with bows and physical damage involved).

If you want to do it you can go with:

Burning Arrow - Faster Attacks - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Pierce - Slower Projectiles - Physical Projectile Attack Damage

And use Cospri's Will/Snakebite or some way to poison on hit. And get pierce from the tree. And scale the damage of both the dots with damage of the initial hit, so Physical damage and projectile damage, and critical strike chance and multi. And then Projectle Damage should double dip on both dots (correct me if I'm wrong) and DoT modifiers will also scale the poison and burn.

Thinking about it actually might be possible. But you need to skip the proliferation.

Thinking about all this you gave me some ideas for a build on my own:) I would use a bow projectile skill with more keywords like AoE and Duration so there are more ways to double dip the dots applied and I would also try to apply bleed so you have 3 dots to scale. And bleed and poison has nice synergies as stated before.
"
Increased burning duration, in particular, is sub-optimal because you can't stack Ignites without Emberwake.

I am going to use Emberwake

"
The poison is only 2 seconds and stacks and ignite is 4 seconds and does not stack

GGG Says

"
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poison
The duration can be extended by sources of increased Skill Effect Duration such as the Increased Duration Support or the nodes in the Passive Skill Tree. Increasing poison duration with the Temporal Chains curse results in a longer-lasting poison that deals damage at the same rate.

I accept that the poison will not proliferate, Can I use Chain/GMP instead of added chaos, I think that will apply to many mobs.

But this is only a theory craft, I may need some additional skill for single target.
The poison will be so low since you have 50% converted and also the less modifier from prolif.
Go with hitting as much as possible if you are going to use emberwake also.
Hatred and Pyre could also be a choice,
Last edited by inkube on Oct 25, 2016, 1:50:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info