First Post: 52 Templar: Am I a Glasscannon?

Lvl 52. Don't want to go to Cruel until I beat the Lord's Labyrinth. This is my first character. I'd like some feedback from old-timers about whether I'm in the ballpark at this level for DPS and defense. I can farm everything, including the 3 sub-bosses, in Normal Harvest zone (the Normal level 40 highest zone in the game) in about 15 minutes with no problems, same with dreaded Argus and Izaro himself round 1. But the one time I tried Izaro round 2 (a few levels ago) I got one-shotted in about 2 or 3 seconds. It was ridiculous.

Current stats:

DPS: 5002 (with lvl 15 Magma Orb, which I've stuck with since lvl 1, it's a great spell; supported by Controlled Destruction and by Spell Echo--each better than Fast Casting). (I wonder if it's possible to have a magical attack supported by three support gems?}

HPs: 1465
Energy Shield: 582 (with Discipline buff)
Mana: 608

Life regen: 114 (with stone golem)
Mana regen: 91
Energy shield regen: 116

Armor: 18% reduction
Evasion: 12% reduction

Fire resistance: 74%
Cold resistance: 38%
Lightning resistance: 72%
Chaos resistance: 20%

I think those are the main stats. Am I gimped? What should I work on? Is there something I should work on before being able to beat the labyrinth? I must say, I'm alwful tired of running the Harvest zone.

Last bumped on Oct 19, 2016, 4:48:37 PM
Disappointed that there have been 50 views of this post but not one response. What's the problem?
"
FergusMacDuff wrote:
Lvl 52. Don't want to go to Cruel until I beat the Lord's Labyrinth. This is my first character. I'd like some feedback from old-timers about whether I'm in the ballpark at this level for DPS and defense. I can farm everything, including the 3 sub-bosses, in Normal Harvest zone (the Normal level 40 highest zone in the game) in about 15 minutes with no problems, same with dreaded Argus and Izaro himself round 1. But the one time I tried Izaro round 2 (a few levels ago) I got one-shotted in about 2 or 3 seconds. It was ridiculous.

Current stats:

DPS: 5002 (with lvl 15 Magma Orb, which I've stuck with since lvl 1, it's a great spell; supported by Controlled Destruction and by Spell Echo--each better than Fast Casting). (I wonder if it's possible to have a magical attack supported by three support gems?}

HPs: 1465
Energy Shield: 582 (with Discipline buff)
Mana: 608

Life regen: 114 (with stone golem)
Mana regen: 91
Energy shield regen: 116

Armor: 18% reduction
Evasion: 12% reduction

Fire resistance: 74%
Cold resistance: 38%
Lightning resistance: 72%
Chaos resistance: 20%

I think those are the main stats. Am I gimped? What should I work on? Is there something I should work on before being able to beat the labyrinth? I must say, I'm alwful tired of running the Harvest zone.

I would say you're fine currently. You're not even in cruel so it probably doesn't matter what your stats are, as long as you're killing packs in a quick fashion. This game is heavily based around endgame and has little to no mid game or early game. As long as you have your skill trees planned out and have enough life/es in the end game (170+% life, 220+% es) you'll be fine. Just remember to cap your resistances each difficulty or you'll have a bad time. Late game focus on resistance capping (75% is cap) and flat life (+xx). It is also possible to have a skill supported by up to 5 skills as long as you have a 6 link to use. If you need any help or anything, feel free to send me a private message.
Thanks very much. I was starting to think I'd foolishly wandered into an elite in-club that poorly tolerates newbies, although I don't feel like a complete newbie after getting to 52.

It's great to hear from an old-timer that I'm on-target.

It's awesome to hear you can get up to five support gems on an attack gem! I need to start leveling up more of them.

The impetus for my post was that when I finally grinded it out to lvl 52, I was able to level SIX gems, which boosted my dps in one fell swoop from 4000 to 5000.

Of course, since the percentage bonuses stack, I'm sure the maximum is vastly higher than that. But I thought it was pretty hot stuff for my level.
If you aren't dying all that often then I would focus on what kills you the few times are you are dying and see if there are large holes in your build.

For Izaro most of the trick is to find ways to not get hit in the first place. He hits pretty hard, but if you avoid his strikes he isn't too hard to kill. I would focus on either more block and movement speed or maybe just trying a different technique while fighting him.

A few other ideas:
Instead of stone golem consider a lightning golem or flame golem as both will increase your damage. The faster you kill things the less time they have to kill you.

Also, keep in mind this is a game where there are numerous ways to get through content. One person may tell you that block chance is useless while another centers their entire build around it. Both people can do endgame maps so both are equally viable builds.

The biggest skill that helped me with my first character was vaal summon skeletons. If you come across a boss or rare monster one click gives you 10-15 skeletons which will take hits and also help kill enemies. I eventually stopped needing the skill, but it's a great skill to help you progress and learn the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info