-= Westworld =-

"
Quantume wrote:
One male guest said something like the trip costs him 60k??
Did you see how insanely huge that park is, can you imagine the material/maintenance costs??
0. Nanobots will do it all for free. You may ask, why ask 60k for the trip then? The same reason why people buy Rolex(or w/e is in fashion now) for insane $$$.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
i don't understand why people argue realism in science FICTION... just to start things off on this topic... if you think space will be colonized by humanity while using space ships everywhere... you are delusional. sorry to burst your bubble but sending a fleet of robots or cyborgs which do not need gigantic ships, will take care of this pointlesss space conquest. in terms of overall population requiring more space... sorry but if you evolve into a cybernetic creature, you no longer need kids... and thus the population will dwindle... you will instead spend your time mostly in virtual reality since current reality will not be required and is far too limited.

anyways, i like the show... no problems with it yet, i have watched 3 episodes so far.
watched the original westworld movie as a kid and it was the first film that killed my sleep for months, especially the ending.

memories...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I've been enjoying this show for the most part, but there's one thing that's bothering me. The show's getting really bad about gratuitous Fight Clubbing. People keep slipping into a false reality where the real world disappears and they're interacting entirely with memories from their past.

It's hard to really get into a show when they make it super obvious that you can't trust anything you see. Also, like Fight Club, when you actually think about the events with the delusions replaced with reality, it all starts to fall apart. What was everyone else doing during this "dream?" No chairs were in different places? Nobody trips over an out-of-place robot dog?

They went for flashy storytelling and gimmicks over making sense, and that's a turnoff for me. Like I said, I still enjoy the show. It's just annoying at times.
"
Jennik wrote:

They went for flashy storytelling and gimmicks over making sense, and that's a turnoff for me.

As I told you before ep.1:
They completely dropped even trying to explain anything!

The gun bullets can ricochet and hurt a guest..
Hosts can cause a complex unpredictable chain event within their surroundings
that might injure a guest..
Or a guest can get into such a situation on their own..

Now they show a guest eating a fried bird in that rebel camp,
wasn't every animal supposed to be artificial, even birds?

Why do they even whisper with such suspicious body language while working on repairing robots in the maintenance rooms? Every such work station should be loaded with surveilance for security and legal reasons, 24-7 audio + video recording in HHD from every angle!

Watched only 9/10 ep as I'm writing this.
Trust me, by the time this or the 2nd season (also 10 episodes) ends,
you will AT MOST get 10% of your questions answered.
They don't care about logic, common sense or credible immersion for the slightest.
It's so sad, so much money and potential thrown away for a shallow sci-fi jargon "wooow" ride.

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Obvious rip off:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070909/

I must say Daredevil TV series is great. This one? Not interested at all.
Last edited by de99ial on Dec 15, 2016, 1:27:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info