Please help! Error: Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices; DXUTCreateDevice failed

I can't start the game as it shows the error above. I have tried everything I found on the internet such as select the Nvidia card, Roll back the driver, update...and it's still occuring the same error.

My laptop specs:Windows 8.1 x64; Processor:Intel(R)Core(TM)i5-4200U CPU @ 1.6GHz 2.3GHz; RAM 4GB ; Graphics card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

I checked the game requirement and my laptop should run without any problem. But it just doesn't. :(

So is there someone to help me out?

Many many thanks.

Regards,
Kat
Last bumped on Oct 15, 2016, 8:53:17 AM
Hello,

Could you please link us to a DxDiag on Pastebin?

Here's how to create one;
- Hold down the Windows key and tap the R button.
- Type dxdiag into the box and press Enter.
- Click on "Save All Information..."
- Save the file on your Desktop.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I have the txt file on my desktop now. What should I do next?

Now you just need to get it to us. :)

The easiest way is probably to double-click on the file. Windows should know how to open it, but if it asks tell it to use Notepad. Hold down the Ctrl button and tap A, then C to select all of the text and copy it. Then go to Pastebin and paste it there. You can use either Ctrl + V or right-click and choose Paste. Use the Create New Paste button and copy the address from your address bar to give us the link. There's no need to create an account or anything like that.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

This is link I got: http://pastebin.com/3p2pPMkZ

Hopefully it's correct. And thanks a lot!
And what's next? What should I do?
I'm not seeing anything there that would explain this.

Are you using GGG's client or the Steam version?

----

it's the steam version.
Hi everyone, the problem still exists so still need help .. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info