Hephaestus - The fire god - LL RF BV pathfinder - insane DPS, good defences, fire immunity + Videos

By IGN: Hephaestus_the_fire_god

Important note:

Spoiler
This is a build for more advanced players with good gaming skills.
It's not cheap at endgame, but it's not too expensive for the starting gear.

The problem so far with RF and LL combination are map mods that RF can't do (don't worry, this build get past that):

Spoiler
RF is doing damage based on the life and ES you got, so it's much easier to run it on life build with a lot of regeneration, and even then it takes a lot of regeneration nodes, so most players don't use it for spell casters, only for RF damage builds. you can't use RF with vaal pact (or you will degen yoursalf quickly, and you can't do many map mods with RF builds: vullnerability, less regen, no regen, -% max resists.

This build is running with 100% fire resists (with ruby flask up, wich is 100% of the time), so it can do all map mods EZ (not -% max resist and even in these maps, your DPS is insane), you got vaal pact, you don't waist too many nodes, so this build concept is a highly effective

Videos:

Spoiler
T14 map with double beyond - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47d_ftT9_U&feature=youtu.be

T16 maze of the minotaur with vullnerability and enfeeble - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KCW85PGCQg&feature=youtu.be

Dark forest boss fight with enfeeble - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK67tdqQZF4&feature=youtu.be

Phoenix fight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHIalk1ZVA&feature=youtu.be

Hydra fight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnFgsxFRTtM&feature=youtu.be

Core run with extra crit & vullnerability - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dixTSkfaHzs&feature=youtu.be

core on a rare un identified fast run - https://www.youtube.com/upload

Chimera run with double beyond - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TH0HSm0njA&feature=youtu.be

Hydra run double reflect and vullnerability map (crazy shit) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHSBY5XTLU&feature=youtu.be

Uber run (I fucked up 2 times, but my fire resist 100 helped me take the big FB from atziri) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsQyPRiU7yM&feature=youtu.be

Shaper, I was too tired, played the worst, still you will get the point - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq72ZfeGQ_c&feature=youtu.be

Abaxuth t16 with vullnerability and extra CS/AS/MS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TbwrrUBQIY&feature=youtu.be

a line in the hall of grandmasters - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM2UVMMPQjk&feature=youtu.be

More will come out soon

The gear you must have:

Spoiler

This shield is a must, it's the only "wasted gear slot", however, how I build it, I need that high fire resist and 100% fire resist is a good defence so it's worth it.

This is a must, you can't deal with stun as ES, this will give you all you need.

Yes, with a +1% max resists, it's also a must, unless you can get a chest corrupted with +1% max resist, if you will not get this, you will have 99%, witch loses the whole point of the build, that you got ES recharge with RF.

Well, this is not a must, you can use a normal ruby flask, but god, this flask is so OP on this build

(The corruption is not a must) more below i'm showing another way to do this build with no shav, not optimal but works (no solaris lorica

This belt is the best for keeping your flasks up 100% of the time

Your main defence is block, and with this build you got 58% flask effect, so it's a must for defence

I think I never did used this jewel, but it's what I need to get 100% fire resist (from the tree you get 38% aura effect, you need 40%)

you will need it to use all the auras you will need, level 4 is prefered, but 3 works for me too

These too you must have for level 23 purity of fire, and with the aura effect it will grant you +7% to max resist

you will need this flask ti'll you get all crit nodes (I got them level 86), after you swich to

for high physical resist

The res of the gear:

Spoiler
You need high ES gear with cold and lightning resist, a good spell crit dagger and sapphire + topaz flasks for high max resist. you will also need 0.X% of life and mana leech enchantment (it's a must if you want assassin's marks, if you don't have this enchant you will need to use warlords mark)

The things you better get for this build at endgame by priorities:

Spoiler

You will need the 20% physical conversion, it's pricy but a huge offence & defence boost for life and mana leech vs boss, and shock

With this flask, you hardly feel physical damage, you can tank the most powerful physical bosses, and you freeze just about anyone in any map :D

Tree (for level 88):

Links:

Spoiler
6L - BV + Life leech + increased critical strikes + increased critical damage + spell echo + IAOE/concentrated effect (don't use controlled destraction, you need high crit)

4L - CWDT (lvl 1) + tempest shield + flame golem + RF

4L - Discipline + blasphemy + assassin't mark + enhance (lvl 3)

4L - purity of fire (lvl 21) + empower (lvl 3) + increased duration + vaal discipline (use vaal clarity for no life or mana regen maps)

3L - WB + FA + fortify

3S (2L + 1L) - hatred + blood magic / flame dash

Ascendancy (pathfinder) - take the points in this order:

Spoiler
normal - nature's adrenaline

cruel - master surgeon

mercyless - veteran bowyer

uber - nature's boon

Bandits:

Spoiler
passive, passive, power charge

my gear (total endgame I think):

Spoiler

Low cost of this build (less easy to play, but works for sure):

Spoiler
head - high ES head with cold and lightning res

gloves - voidbringer (you can use a lvl 2 empower on it - note that you will lose discipline aura for the free mana you will need

boots - high ES with cold and lightning resist

belt - the magnate

ring 1 - Valyrium

ring 2 - Lori's lantern

amulet - you still must have the +1 max resist stone of lazhwar for 100% resist, you can use a none corrupted one ti'll you get one

shield - rise of the phoenix

weapon - Cybil's paw

chest - any 5L high ES chest with cold and lightning res

flasks:

normal sapphire and topaz flasks, diamond flask, stibnite flask (if you don't have a rumi), and most important:

With it you can be a low life build with no shav, takes some skill to you it right on time, but it will do the trick

NOTE: when you use this flask your life become 1, so RF will shat down, this is why you need the cybil's paw to get more life to turn the RF when you need vs hard bosses

My current stats - lvl 89:

Spoiler
Defence (with no flasks up) -

Spoiler

Defence (with flasks up) -

Spoiler

offence (no flasks, no charges, no RF) -

Spoiler

offence (with flasks, no charges, no RF) -

Spoiler

offence (with flasks, with charges, no RF) -

Spoiler

offence (with flasks, with chargesm with RF) -

Spoiler

Videos will come out soon,

Thank you for reading.
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Last edited by rel4us on Oct 11, 2016, 2:07:25 PM
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2016, 8:57:42 PM
uploaded some new vids, enjoy
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
The only combo to make it a true "god"...

N% of [Physical|Cold|Ligthning] Damage taken as Fire Damage

...only if that existed in a better form. ;-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 5, 2016, 8:36:45 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
The only combo to make it a true "god"...

N% of [Physical|Cold|Ligthning] Damage taken as Fire Damage

...only if that existed in a better form. ;-)

Well, it not a god of everyting, it's a god of fire :D

My defences are very effective:

fire - 100% resist

cold - 85% resist (and 8% elemental damage reduction, so total is about 86.2%)

lightning - 85% resist (and 8% elemental damage reduction, so total is about 86.2%)

physical - to make it simple, if I take a 15K hit, the ToH will give me 31.6% of physical damage taken as cold, so that is 4740 damage taken as cold, I take from it 654.12 damage, and the for the rest of the blow, 10260 that I take as physical, I take 31.6% reduced physical damage take for the basalt flask, wich makes it 7017.84 (before armor that I have about 5K, wich will reduced another 400 damage from there making it 6617.84 physical damage taken, add to that the cold damage taken and you will get to a total of 7271.96 damage, again, form a 15K hit.... pretty tanky :D

chaos - no good answer there

got about max crit chance (85% befre assassin's mark), got 74K tooltip now, and I got 8K ES,

I think it's as close to a god as you can be, and it's the only build that is not afraid of corpse explosion :D

PS: If you could get the eyes of greatwolf with cold taken as fire, or lightning, and you will get a +1% max resists shav, you can have immunity to another elemental, but gl with that :D

Cheers

Last edited by rel4us on Oct 6, 2016, 5:56:25 AM
"
rel4us wrote:

My comment was meant as a joke, not criticism. :-)

And it's nice to see Righteous Fire done well.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:

My comment was meant as a joke, not criticism. :-)

And it's nice to see Righteous Fire done well.

I feel like in anarcy and dominations again...

Shame this build isn't getting more popularity
"
rel4us wrote:

I feel like in anarcy and dominations again...

Shame this build isn't getting more popularity

Yeah, it's a good build, and the DPS and defenses are a nice balance. Heck even the DPS is awesome at times with RF when your ES and life are robust. Who cares if it's popular? I personally run less popular builds and adjust them to suit my preferred play style (which isn't uber clear speed or atziri/uber-izaro farming).
Seems awfully slow clear speed, u should rly rework IAS on that whilring or something making it faster, Also your cast speed is rly slow u can barely get what 14 stacks, Honestly its a cool idea but pretty useless when all comes to all. A typical BV pathfinder build is twice as good as this. your area is rly tiny aswell,
IGN: Thickly
"
thickly wrote:
Seems awfully slow clear speed (...) Honestly its a cool idea but pretty useless when all comes to all.

And the uber fast clear speed build enthusiasts chime in. Oh so predictable.

PSA: Not all PoE players care about clear speed and running Gorge all day long.
"
thickly wrote:
Seems awfully slow clear speed, u should rly rework IAS on that whilring or something making it faster, Also your cast speed is rly slow u can barely get what 14 stacks, Honestly its a cool idea but pretty useless when all comes to all. A typical BV pathfinder build is twice as good as this. your area is rly tiny aswell,

Well, I guess if I cared, I could go fast as hell, with no WB at all, just put a quicksilver like this:

I do labs with this one, with 166% increased movement speed, WB is not needed.

About the stacks, I get to 20 stocks vs bosses, vs all the rest I get 6-10, and just 1 shoot most mobs.

About the AOE, note that this is with Conc effect :D

If I remove the Conc effect, put increased duration, I a huge AOE, and better clearspeed.

Now, how is this bad comparing to some typical BV build? I can tank anything, can take 15K physical damage, immune to fire,

and tooltip DPS is 74K...

most BV's got 8-10K ES (low life) or 10-12K ES (CI), so yea, they got more life pool, but they got 84% all resist if they use the same combo as my, and they are more vullnerable to physical (they don't use basalt flask),

they got a tooltip of 45K if they pushed it high (with conc effect)...

I don't mean the top 1% BV pathfinders with skyforth with gear like cooltail, lvl 21 gems and are lvl 100....

How is the average pathfinder twise as good? plz, expand that...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info