Help with my build please!

Hello there! I started PoE the a couple days before Essence league came out and I kinda been following a build. I have no problems with trash but when it comes to bosses I struggle. I want to do some end game content such as bosses and what not but I don't think i'm ready for it. I believe my tree and gear need some tweaking. Can someone review my tree and gear and help me out. I have about 35k dps buffed.
Last edited by Shauks on Oct 1, 2016, 3:10:04 AM
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2016, 6:54:22 PM
pst...pst..
open yout character tab to public or post link to tree and link gear in the thread

Also 35k dps sounds fine for 82 lvl. Althought dps happens to be very missleading sometimes.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Oct 1, 2016, 3:37:25 AM
Ok, I opened it. Sorry about that.
Which build is it you're trying to follow? Knowing that would help in evaluating the choices you've made. You seem to have a lot of crit but nothing that would do anything on a crit.

If you have 35k DPS I'm guessing your problem is survivability. Most of your gear has pretty good resistance and life rolls, but your evasion is a bit lackluster. The gloves and boots are low base types and the chest is more of an armour than evasion piece. I count about 3.5k total evasion for you, which probably gives a 30%-ish or lower chance to evade. In other words every two of three hits connect. The boots have good mods, but you really should replace them with a higher level version. Also consider if you actually need Maligaro's Virtuosity or Belly of the Beast. Neither have any build-enabling mods on them and good rares would be a huge boost to your defenses.

I'm also not seeing anything that would let you dodge spell damage. Spells are not subject to the normal evasion mechanic.

Does that curse on hit setup really work? Herald of Ice only hits when you shatter a frozen enemy, and I don't see much cold damage on you. In fact Herald of Ice itself seems to be the only source, and it gives so little that you probably aren't able to freeze anything.

Summon Ice Golem on CwDT? I'd keep it on manual cast, given that it isn't even a defensive golem.

Your tree looks generally ok. There's a bit of redundant pathing when going out of your start area. I was able to shave off two points although I had to drop a small int node and swap frenzy charge duration for evasion per frenzy charge: http://poeplanner.com/...

I'd take a bit more evasion and a bit less crit, but that's just my preference and I don't know your build.
OP, I can see fierce battle to keep crit in shape. With that 5% cc base bow(which could use 1 divine orb btw) it's neccessary to use special solutions, tho.

Attack:

-You have to use power charges. The easiest way is probably to throw away mentioned HoI setup and replace it with Herald of Thunder-Curse on Hit-Assasis Mark. It will boosts your global crit ch. by 150%

-On top of that you need to put this gem in main setup:

Don't try to recolor bow, just take PtL out (your toolpit is half lightning anyway) and put there above gem.

-Just right over upper side of your tree are two geat notables- Assasination and Trickery. Take them.

These should make your crit chance ok. If this doesn't help at all you should check crit multi and accuracy. If either is screwed, crit won't get good.

-At last Take away faster projectiles and use slower projectiles.

Def:

I agree with databeaver's opinion about belly. Rises hp up quite nicely, but screws evasion rate even better.
You should:
-check Blink arrow skill (imo best moblility skill for bow)
-add Enfeblee to your CWDT setup.
-and use Arctic Armor(but just in case that reflect hits too much)
(Last skill works only when you don't move, sadly. Still, you don't run around while you shoot, so for reflect is ok. Also-yup, AA reserves 25% of total mana, so HoA has to go)

Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Oct 1, 2016, 7:14:21 AM
I'm following Neversinks build, I made so changes to fit my gear/playstyle. I went with belly because my hp was lose and I don't know what else to use. about 30% of my damage is Cold according to my dps tooltip so things do shatter pretty often. I think the build said to use it for the perm crit buff.

So I should drop Hatred for blasphemy and assassins mark?

I did divine my bow once already to get the higher dps. If I get my defensive in order is 35-45k dps enough for uber's and normal atziri?

Also, if I replace the LTPD it seems I lose so much damage.

I can cast my ice golem when ever it dies for some reason.

Should I go pierce+drill neck?
Could/should I tranfer over into more poison/chaos with my current tree?
"
Shauks wrote:
I'm following Neversinks build, I made so changes to fit my gear/playstyle.

Can you link the guide? I can't find a matching thread from the build forums with Neversink in the title.

"
Shauks wrote:
I went with belly because my hp was lose and I don't know what else to use.

A rare evasion chest could easily more than double your current evasion. You would lose a little bit of life but not necessarily too much. I count 337 flat life from your gear. Together with what you get from levels your base life is probably around 1500. That means belly is giving you about 600 life. If you get a 90+ life roll on the rare, your %life bonus from your tree will boost it to 200. The increased evasion would mean you'd get hit much less often though, making it easier to maintain your life pool.

"
Shauks wrote:
about 30% of my damage is Cold according to my dps tooltip so things do shatter pretty often. I think the build said to use it for the perm crit buff.

Ah, I must have overlooked your hatred aura before. That gives a good chunk of cold damage. I still wonder if it's reliable enough. Seems like it would mostly curse when enemies are almost dead already. Then again I'm currently using flameblast to one-shot entire packs myself, so curses must be applied beforehand.

"
Shauks wrote:
I did divine my bow once already to get the higher dps. If I get my defensive in order is 35-45k dps enough for uber's and normal atziri?

That DPS is enough for uber lab (charges may or may not be possible) and normal Atziri. Dunno about uber Atziri.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989 here is the build Im following, Im useing the first tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info