To ID or not to ID

At some point this league, I started dumping rare ring/ammy/belts in spare tabs rather than doing chaos recipe straight off. Terrible idea as it's gotten a bit out of control compared to my usual organised style :P. Rough count is roughly 160 rings / 90 ammy / 90 belts of all types.

Just for fun.. What would you do? Vendor UID for 2C recipe or ID for 1C recipe? Which would you predict to come out on top?
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2016, 8:04:41 AM
I'd ID them all and vendor for alts.

The chaos recipe is mind numbingly boring and can go fuck itself.
For me, the thing is: Do I have the items I need?
If I feel like I need some jewelry for example and I dont want to buy any, then Im ID'ing items for chaos recipe. But when I got all I need or I'm just the in need of the min/max my char then I dont bother Id'ing chaos recipe, just go for 2c. Same goes for regal recipe - higher ilvl, better rolls for stats > I have good items > I go for double orbs.
"
I'd ID them all and vendor for alts.

The chaos recipe is mind numbingly boring and can go fuck itself.

:) Succinct and elegantly put haha. That is still an option given the hassle in collecting other pieces, but my inner tightarse is screaming at me even considering it though :p.
"
KR33P wrote:
For me, the thing is: Do I have the items I need?
If I feel like I need some jewelry for example and I dont want to buy any, then Im ID'ing items for chaos recipe. But when I got all I need or I'm just the in need of the min/max my char then I dont bother Id'ing chaos recipe, just go for 2c. Same goes for regal recipe - higher ilvl, better rolls for stats > I have good items > I go for double orbs.

Good points. Next upgrades would be non-jewellery and pricey, so the the extra chaos is welcome. That's part of my issue.. Torn between taking the easier 2C path or trying to jag a bigger pay day by IDing a good item or two (Usually futile for me, but that may be because I dont trade a lot and Im sure I miss value on some items. I could ID all these items and still vendor something of value haha).
I might ID interesting types with perfect implicit rolls and use rest for chaos recipe. That's a lot of jewelry though, I've only had around 12 chaos recipes worth of them stocked at most.
I ID all new Atlas bases, all Diamond Rings, ilvl 84+ resist and life rings, 84+ 2stat, onyx and gold amulets, rest go unid at this point.

"
databeaver wrote:
I might ID interesting types with perfect implicit rolls and use rest for chaos recipe. That's a lot of jewelry though, I've only had around 12 chaos recipes worth of them stocked at most.

Another good option, thanks. It's the high number that's tempting me to go for the shot in the dark approach. It's basically 2ex UID v 1ex ID. So I *only* need to find a single 1ex item in the whole lot to make it worth while lol. Trying to think back to the last time I ID'd a rare worth 1ex.. Not sure my memory goes back that far.. :/
"
Zed_ wrote:
I ID all new Atlas bases, all Diamond Rings, ilvl 84+ resist and life rings, 84+ 2stat, onyx and gold amulets, rest go unid at this point.

Hmm.. That gives a lot to think about, thanks. Most are lvl 77-81 so I'm not going to hit top tier resists. That would make hitting a high priced item even harder.
i find chaos recipe ultra easy and effortless to do, you just gotta organize a stash tab the right way

rings --- ammys --- helms

-------- armors - 3x1weapons

belts --- gloves --- boots
Last edited by CaoMengde on Oct 1, 2016, 5:46:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info