Opal Ring or Coral Ring Implicits (Righteous Fire)

Hey quick question, would it be more advantageous to the damage of righteous fire to use a coral ring (30 life implicit) or one of the new opal rings (25% elemental damage)? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Last bumped on Oct 6, 2016, 2:13:30 PM
Probably Opal ring, but it depends on your stats:

The more increased (%) life you have, the better the coral ring will be.
The more base/flat life you have, the worse the coral ring will be.
The more increased (%) damage you have, the worse the opal ring will be.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

It is important to note that increased damage is just increased damage. More life means a lower chance of death from one-shots or burst damage while also offering damage, just not as much.

I'd personally go with the Coral Rings and nothing else, ever.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

True, but let's say you had 170% life on a 30 life coral ring, I'm guessing that extra 81 to life would be better than 25% elemental? For some reason I feel like the elemental might be better even for survivability. Thoughts?
Last edited by Teeryon on Oct 3, 2016, 3:28:42 PM
I don't understand how increased elemental damage would be "better... for survivability." Some kind of grammar mix-up here?

Opal Ring doesn't come with some kind of mystical +30 non-adjusted-life, so the differential is actually +81 Life vs 25% increased elemental. (Unless you mean you have only 70% increased Life, but if you did, I would really not recommend running Righteous Fire).

We need to know your total Life and total current Increased-damage-applicable-to-RF if you want us to calculate which ring implicit would grant you higher damage (Coral Ring hands down wins for first-order survivability because increased elemental damage doesn't directly increase your Toughness in any way).

I would assume some values, but I haven't really done Life RF in a while, and when I did, it was probably far from optimized.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Teeryon wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

True, but let's say you had 170% life on a 30 life coral ring, I'm guessing that extra 81 to life would be better than 25% elemental? For some reason I feel like the elemental might be better even for survivability. Thoughts?

I call extra 81 life (not 51) negligible on SC

personally I use double opals on my fire damage build, have enough life from other sources. And I have to say that extra damage makes me kill significantly faster -> better for survival.. But the impact would differ from build to build
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 3, 2016, 3:35:02 PM
"
Teeryon wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

True, but let's say you had 170% life on a 30 life coral ring, I'm guessing that extra 81 to life would be better than 25% elemental?

What other increased damage mods do you have on righteous fire? eg: inc ele, fire, aoe, etc...

What is your base life without the 81 life? (So still counting the life or str mods on the ring, just not the 30 implicit.)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Teeryon wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

True, but let's say you had 170% life on a 30 life coral ring, I'm guessing that extra 81 to life would be better than 25% elemental?

What other increased damage mods do you have on righteous fire? eg: inc ele, fire, aoe, etc...

What is your base life without the 81 life? (So still counting the life or str mods on the ring, just not the 30 implicit.)

RF - Ele Focus - Inc Burning Dmg - Inc Aoe/Conc Effect

With the ring i'm at 9100 life and without it I'm at roughly 9k
"

This are links, not increased damage mods :P

Increased damage mods refers to the sum of all x% increased y damage that applies to RF. Notice that Elemental Focus and Concentrated Effect grant "more damage" which is multiplicative and therefore doesn't affect additive decision making.

"

You'll definitely get higher damage output from the Opal Ring, then. 100/9000 is only about 1% more base damage, which means you would need to already have about 2300% to 2400% increased RF damage for Life to be competitive here.

Most likely the Opal Ring will grant you somewhere from 5% more to 15% more damage. I would venture a guess that it'll be about 9% more.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"

This are links, not increased damage mods :P

Increased damage mods refers to the sum of all x% increased y damage that applies to RF. Notice that Elemental Focus and Concentrated Effect grant "more damage" which is multiplicative and therefore doesn't affect additive decision making.

"

You'll definitely get higher damage output from the Opal Ring, then. 100/9000 is only about 1% more base damage, which means you would need to already have about 2300% to 2400% increased RF damage for Life to be competitive here.

Most likely the Opal Ring will grant you somewhere from 5% more to 15% more damage. I would venture a guess that it'll be about 9% more.

Thanks, that's pretty helpful information, I know this might stray from the original topic but would the essence of delerium's 30 more damage over time be a much larger boost to RF because of the "more" damage tag?

I'm sorry to ask these questions but RF has literally no helpful information displayed on it's tooltip.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info