Question with relation to Auto-Logout script

"
Restrictions: Under no circumstances, without the prior written approval of Grinding Gear Games, may you:...
(c) Utilise any automated software or ‘bots’ in relation to your access or use of the Website, Materials or Services.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ziggydlive/ShinyAntHassanChop

One rule for us, one rule for them.

Could someone please explain why this is an acceptable practice?
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2016, 2:35:17 AM
"
Galaxy_Eater wrote:
[Removed by Support]

He is their bitch!

Just look at latest announcements pre atlas lol.
No Problem,
Exile
Last edited by Alexcc_GGG on Sep 29, 2016, 7:53:34 AM
Auto-logout will get you a ban if it's triggered by something like low health or a big hit.

Assigning Alt-F4 to a key wont.
I prefer using a tcp "killer" to logout. It has nothing to do with the game itself, it just closes ports for an application and is faster than alt+f4.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Faster on the client... doesn't do jack to the server.
Posting in this thread
ey
You can hear the click when he pressed logout. He was also right in the middle of an 'oh my god'. IMO it's just unfortunate timing which makes it looks suspicious. Besides, Ziggy will gain nothing from using autologout and can lose everything. Entertaining rips attract viewers. Having a good reputation is his stream's foundation. Using autologout sounds like an extremely illogical thing to do and you have to assume Ziggy isn't an idiot, after all he has built a successful and long-term stream - you don't get there by making dumb PR decisions.

edit: replaced 'AHK' with 'autologout', my mistake
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 29, 2016, 10:31:26 AM
"
Bars wrote:
You can hear the click when he pressed logout. He was also right in the middle of an 'oh my god'. IMO it's just unfortunate timing which makes it looks suspicious. Besides, Ziggy will gain nothing from using autologout and can lose everything. Entertaining rips attract viewers. Having a good reputation is his stream's foundation. Using AHK sounds like an extremely illogical thing to do and you have to assume Ziggy isn't an idiot, after all he has built a successful and long-term stream - you don't get there by making dumb PR decisions.
Yes, he's so smart he typed his login password for a game live on stream, in plain text for all to see. His realization and reaction was golden.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Sep 29, 2016, 9:28:16 AM
"
Yes, he's so smart he typed his login password for a game live on stream, in plain text for all to see. His realization and reaction was golden.

Everyone makes mistakes. However, if you think Ziggy would be foolish enough to use an autologout script on live stream, I don't know what to say. This is something impossible to hide for long when you're streaming and Ziggy will be well aware of that. It also doesn't make sense considering his general approach to PoE and streaming. He aims to entertain first and foremost. He's not a 'rush to hc lvl 100 hurr durr' guy. He's not afraid of dying, it even attracts viewers. His every rip turns into a highlight video with analysis. I would even say not dying for a long time would hurt his stream's viewership: people want to see different fun builds, want to see a fun RIP video, want to see new item and mechanic explanations. They don't want to see someone grinding like a bot to 100, which isn't really entertaining.

And, again, he was well aware he was in an oh shit situation and you can clearly hear him press the keyboard key when he logged out.

I stand by my 'unfortunate timing' opinion.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 29, 2016, 9:43:16 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"

Everyone makes mistakes. However, if you think Ziggy would be foolish enough to use an autologout script on live stream, I don't know what to say. This is something impossible to hide for long when you're streaming and Ziggy will be well aware of that. It also doesn't make sense considering his general approach to PoE and streaming. He aims to entertain first and foremost. He's not a 'rush to hc lvl 100 hurr durr' guy. He's not afraid of dying, it even attracts viewers. His every rip turns into a highlight video with analysis. I would even say not dying for a long time would hurt his stream's viewership: people want to see different fun builds, want to see a fun RIP video, want to see new item and mechanic explanations. They don't want to see someone grinding like a bot to 100, which isn't really entertaining.

And, again, he was well aware he was in an oh shit situation and you can clearly hear him press the keyboard key when he logged out.

I stand by my 'unfortunate timing' opinion.

Not trying to single out ZiggyD here, as I know others do the same
, but either way, setting up a macro to do it faster than you can is still utilizing automated software. I just don't get why people are using this and playing Hardcore leagues when there is a perfectly cozy normal league available.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info