Prophecies

Disclaimer: As I didn't play Prophecy League, I'd stay away from those discussions

After you finish act 4 merciless, prophecies from earlier acts that is not a part of a chain, should stop appearing. Backtracking low level content should be avoided in an ARPG, where progression is key.

If it becomes unbalanced because of too many "good" prophecies, just introduce more "crap" prophecies in the map prophecy pool.

Thanks.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 8:49:26 PM
yeah its lame as hell
... why isnt it like instead of "you will read the tome in the library"
it should be "you will read the tome in the museum map"

those ones are actually the chain quests that lead to the keys for council map
Last edited by CaoMengde on Sep 29, 2016, 5:23:54 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
Disclaimer: As I didn't play Prophecy League, I'd stay away from those discussions

After you finish act 4 merciless, prophecies from earlier acts that is not a part of a chain, should stop appearing. Backtracking low level content should be avoided in an ARPG, where progression is key.

If it becomes unbalanced because of too many "good" prophecies, just introduce more "crap" prophecies in the map prophecy pool.

Thanks.

There actually is a cut off for many of the lower tier/level prophecies. Once you hit maps you basically will never get a Prophecy that requires you to back-track to earlier content UNLESS it is part of a chain.
U MAD?
Lock them and drop them.

Consider the cost to be an increase in the costs of the ones you want to keep.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

Thanks.

There actually is a cut off for many of the lower tier/level prophecies. Once you hit maps you basically will never get a Prophecy that requires you to back-track to earlier content UNLESS it is part of a chain.

hmmm, just yesterday i got the prophecy to kill 2 totembosses on A1 ledge. But most are part of a chain idd.

Only real prophecies that are sucky are the kill x with y unique equipped, which i rarely get.
The kill X rare mob can be done in maps so they don't really count imo.

Overall i think the balance is good atm, but that's me. Droprate of coins however still too low...
Ye I sold my coins anyways lmao. They could have done so much with Prophecy yet in the current state, so much "kill X to get a powerful item except you MAY be able to find him in zone Y and even if you find the monster base type of X it only MAY be a rare, most of the time blue (GGG racist against blue monsters, not powerful enough). oh btw the item you find is worth 1 alch, thanks for playing."

90% of Prophecies in a nutshell. Should have just brought in Tyrael from D3 and called it Bounty League kappa
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Punica1980 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

Thanks.

hmmm, just yesterday i got the prophecy to kill 2 totembosses on A1 ledge. But most are part of a chain idd.

Only real prophecies that are sucky are the kill x with y unique equipped, which i rarely get.
The kill X rare mob can be done in maps so they don't really count imo.

Overall i think the balance is good atm, but that's me. Droprate of coins however still too low...

While the False Gods prophecy DOES require backtracking, IMO it is worth taking 30 seconds for a guaranteed drop of a few fuses.

The Prophecies I was talking about not spawning past a certain level are more like the one where you have to kill the guy in the Warehouse District, which has no tangible reward, or Child of Lunaris where you kill a unique mob that spawns in Crossroads.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Sep 29, 2016, 12:35:56 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
Backtracking low level content should be avoided in an ARPG, where progression is key.
Thanks.

Meanwhile...still dropping Tier 4 maps in Tier 13s...

"
"
Phrazz wrote:
Backtracking low level content should be avoided in an ARPG, where progression is key.
Thanks.

Meanwhile...still dropping Tier 4 maps in Tier 13s...

Mhm! The core definition of "fun" is doing under level content for hours without progressing.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Everything should have been able to spawn in any zone you go into. So no matter what your doing, your prophecies start coming up. It doesn't impede your progression and allows mini quests to pop up in whatever map you are running.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info