Best builds to clear blood magic maps?

I've been unlucky with my corrupted maps, way too many of them got the blood magic mod which I simply cant handle

you get the idea.

What are the best builds I can make which utilize blood magic and can clear those maps with no problems?
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Sep 28, 2016, 12:08:24 PM
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2016, 8:52:42 PM
Most Explosive Arrow builds path through BM on their passive tree naturally so a EA build can run them with no penalty. I believe some warchief totem builds also spec BM so the mod would have no effect.
I rolled an ES RF character last league, a Trickster. All Skills were free: RF and Vaal Skills (2x Disc) are always zero-cost, and Whirl/Warp were free due to the Trickster ascendancy. Kiiinda requires a Shav's Wrappings.

Most Life builds that rely on Leech have little issues with Blood Magic, it mostly means not using Reservations. Slower, but not notably more difficult.

Many Aurabots run on Blood Magic... :P A Necromancer aurabot can run solo, generally means using SRS to kill stuff.
This is a great question and I'd like to know the current answers, too.

Way back in the Flashback league, I ran a Flame Totem build as Blood Magic, and it was excellent. I know Flame Totem was nerfed, but perhaps a similar totem build would work?
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Almost any totem build, you can play warchief BM aswell.
Any life build that has leech or large amounts of regen can realistically do them. For the vast majority of builds, the only thing you have to drop is your auras (generally offensive auras too) so you might clear a bit slower but it's not game breaking, especially with the amount of overkill damage we tend to have. Obviously it's safer on totem builds or SRS builds and the like, but it can still be done by many more.
Explosive Arrow imo good for EE maps also
RF totem is a good (and unbelievably cheap) choice. If you go pure life based you can rack up some insane life regen as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info