My First Day of Path of Exile

Good luck have fun and remember one thing - the company's name is Grinding Gear Games for a reason ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
welcome, have fun and play alot!
my english sux.
"
Kinulsa wrote:
I think too many people are seeing this game as an MMO and want to just buy their items instead of doing the main core of the game to get them, which is to grind. Seriously, that is what keeps me playing games like this for so long. Spending hours and hours grinding for even just a couple percent stat change makes me feel so accomplished when I get the perfect gear piece for my set. Instead of complaining about the little things like this enjoy the genre for the grind mess that it is and stop trying to buy all the gear.

Paragon 962? About a weeks worth of grinding GRs? Glad you are enjoying this game, however there is a reason players that play this game complain. There is A LOT great about the game, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's fair share of problems as well.

You are spoiled by the affix system in D3 where the 4/2 system limits your rolls to basically what you need. You have not experienced true RNG grind. You telling POE players they are being brats as a rookie just makes you look foolish.

The odds of you finding exact stats you need, let alone higher versions of those stats (upgrade) is almost impossible in this game. Trading is there for a reason. You can play solo-self found, many players do, but don't be surprised if you come in here changing your tone after the first 1000 hours.

The grind in this game makes D3 look like Lego Diablo. I'm sorry you can't compare a game that mails you set items in your inbox with Path of Exile where 95% of the playerbase has not seen a T1 unique drop and upwards of 70% can't even afford to trade for them.

I wanted to save your quote so that we can hear your experience after the first 1K hours.

GL and have fun! Come back here and post updates!
Last edited by Prizy on Sep 28, 2016, 12:28:58 PM
thx for your input and feedback buddy.

one thing I should point out is that these forums are totally different from D3's. The ppl you see here are either noobs or super veterans (we are talking about ppl with MASSIVE EXP in the game; they have more knowledge than the developers!) so...if you like the game stick with it. it is super fun

I am a D3 veteran myself with 5k hrs(top 1000 crus for 3 consequent leagues)
Prepare for the ride of your life friend. When you start figuring out how everything works, you're going to wonder how Diablo 3 even held your interest for so long.

I want to help you get the most out of this game as soon as possible, so I will send you some links that will be of interest to you.

1. Vendor recipes: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system

2. PoE items worth picking up (older than Methuselah, but some of the information there still has relevance): http://pathofexilegems.com/poe-items-worth-picking-up/

The only item I would disagree with are the vaal gems. Most of them are useless garbage, but there are some that are widely used and may fetch a nice price when fully leveled and qualitied - Vaal Fireball (a personal favorite of mine), Vaal Discipline, Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace, Vaal Molten Shell and Vaal Cyclone. The Vaal auras are not worth qualitying though and will sell as soon as they reach level 20. Others here can add their personal favorites too because I'm pretty sure I missed a few, so use that as a guide as well.

3. Neversink's loot filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208

4. Masters and their hideouts: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Master

5. Skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAN-w

That's all I'm going to give you for now, as you are likely still low level yet, so I don't want to overwhelm you with information. Suffice it to say that the game holds many secrets and there's quite a bit for you to do in this game once you finish the main story. You have to complete it twice on Normal and Cruel difficulty. Then you can run to Solaris Temple in Merciless mode, and after Dialla's mission, she will open the Eternal Laboratory for you, which contains a map device you can use to run end-game maps (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map). If you want, you can find me in game (my IGN is MimSiE, just like here in the forums) once you reach this point, and I will give you more information. :)
Last edited by MimSiE on Sep 28, 2016, 2:00:40 PM
welcome , exile ....

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Game is amazing. It is my fave game on the market, and I dont see me jumping ship for something else anytime soon.

That said, there is room for improvement and some major flaws. I get that as a new coming here, you may not have our perspective, but stick around you will find things that bug ya ;)

Honestly for me to get to my level in Diablo 3 took me ages. I don't have all the time in the world to play, and I usually play solo. Also, most of you say that I'm going to get worn out or hate the game while I experience "True RNG" I come into this genre of games with the mindset that I won't ever get the perfect gear. The games are made this way. If it was so easy to get the perfect gear the game wouldn't have so much longevity. Therefore if you go into this genre with that mindset you won't get worn out or butter hurt so fast because you don't get that perfect %. There's always going to be a better piece of gear or better set or build than what you own. That's the reason of motivation to keep playing. Unless I find a better LRPG (Loot Role Playing Game is what I call the genre) I won't get "worn out" or feel like I want to quit playing.

Simple as that.

Also, a little update I rolled a new character I am focusing on defense first and having a necromancer build being made while I blast people away with echo firestorm. Pretty OP so far. :D Thanks everyone for the welcomes.
"
Kinulsa wrote:
Honestly for me to get to my level in Diablo 3 took me ages. I don't have all the time in the world to play, and I usually play solo. Also, most of you say that I'm going to get worn out or hate the game while I experience "True RNG" I come into this genre of games with the mindset that I won't ever get the perfect gear. The games are made this way. If it was so easy to get the perfect gear the game wouldn't have so much longevity. Therefore if you go into this genre with that mindset you won't get worn out or butter hurt so fast because you don't get that perfect %. There's always going to be a better piece of gear or better set or build than what you own. That's the reason of motivation to keep playing. Unless I find a better LRPG (Loot Role Playing Game is what I call the genre) I won't get "worn out" or feel like I want to quit playing.

Simple as that.

Also, a little update I rolled a new character I am focusing on defense first and having a necromancer build being made while I blast people away with echo firestorm. Pretty OP so far. :D Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

hehe, glad you took some advice away through all those trash posts. :)
Xikini's simple loot filter.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1741538
"
Kinulsa wrote:
I came from Diablo 3. 962 Paragon Level. I found out about POE a while back, but was too hooked on Diablo to play it. Today I decided to change that. I have to say I am absolutely impressed by the game and how much more "big" it is compared to Diablo. Just from the maps alone and the quests it felt enormous. I felt like by the time I completed a map/quest in Act 3 I could have completed numerous of rift runs in Diablo. After reading some of the posts in this forum it just seems like nobody has anything good to say about the game. There is always somebody complaining about something. Trading seems to be the main thing people are complaining about. Honestly I don't see a problem with it.

TLDR; I loved the game and being my first day of POE it won't be my last. Thanks GGG for some great entertainment. For the forum members. Stop being a bunch of complaining brats. Play the game. Grind. That is what the game was made for.

For a brief moment you almost convinced me, but then I remembered that I am who has spent nearly four years playing this and you just a few days. Many who claim've played for years and we do it because we love this game but we lost sympathy for GGG. Trade is only a small sample, another sample is the poor optimization... There are several things that GGG has failed for years. And eventually you'll realize...
For my part, whenever GGG announces some improvement in the optimization I laugh and wonder what nonsense will be this time. Before 2.4 I had no problems. After 2.4 optimizations was fall after fall. Now there is more stability, but there are still many problems that previously I did not have.

...And NO. The game is balanced around trade. GGG want to force us to trade, to interact with others, but still fails to give us the tools.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info