Ghost Reaver

Why does Shadow have no standalone life leech nodes?

I can understand the total lack of life related nodes in favor of evasion and energy shield, but even then Shadow has very few of those, and it does have life leech nodes but only coupled with maximum life nodes. All the other classes have a lot more of their thematic survivability nodes in their starting position.

Ghost Reaver should have supplementary nodes behind it that increase life leech even if it's small so that you don't need to rely 100% on gear or nodes that are half as effective because you spec'd Ghost Reaver, or nodes you had to travel a long way to get to.
Last edited by tcjantzen on Sep 27, 2016, 6:57:50 PM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 8:32:34 PM
Well... balance reasons?

Life leech is a very strong defensive concept, especially converted to high ES via Ghost Reaver.
He at least have that two leech nodes nearby, plus Vaal Pact. Templar have none, Witch also. They have to travel far or rely on gear/gems for that. Ranger have to travel to Duelist for LL. I think it's fine like it is now (even though I have the exact same problem on my ongoing CI/melee build I'm doing atm).
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Last edited by Hunwulf on Sep 27, 2016, 7:14:38 PM
(Energy From Within can convert that useless Life to Energy Shield :) )
"
Vipermagi wrote:
28-32% ES for 3 nodes + a Jewel socket? Well I guess if you really want that 0.4% phys damage leech it's not sooo bad. Or if you need to path that way anyway and don't have a better alternative.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Sure, it's eventually a bit unefficent to skill another 3 points to convert that 2 (or 3 then) points into ES. Depends.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Yeah, it's only worthwhile if you're already there, don't get me wrong. Just saying there's a solution to the perceived problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info